Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19
S
throw in
throw in
S
Calling fouls fairly before bedlam breaks out, especially in the box, will keep control on the field. No rocket science here, simply an understanding of the rules which seems to be missing in many cases. I'm not so sure the refs didnt have a say in the outcome of the Flora v Dreher game tonight. A foul in the box IS a PK...Dreher got away with two.This game could have ended 1-1 in regulation

goal kick
goal kick
dreher also had three hit off the post and one roll on the goaline

Bench
Bench
Quote:

dreher also had three hit off the post and one roll on the goaline

man, who cares if they went off the post...at least dreher got the opportunity to take the shots and miss...flora got screwed out of their chances

Bob played...
throw in
throw in
how did the other games in the region play out last night?

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
well said Soccer16...Last night's game was very dissapointing but this AC flora team has dealt with a lot of adversity this season and they will conquer this as well. Dreher is a talented team but so is flora. Teams should be careful near the end of the season and in the playoffs because ACF is capable of overcoming anything. The rematch of these two teams (at ACF) will be a great game.

bench
bench
There were no fouls in the box, they were 50-50 challenges that could have been called either way. Flora had almost no good shots, so you cant blame the refs for your loss.

S
goal
goal
S
If you read my post again you will notice that the refs have not been blamed for the loss. The referee's were blamed for their ineptitude in handling the game. I also blame the High School League for not taking action when it comes to the current state of referees in South Carolina soccer. They must put a grading system in place for referees and carry out discipline for those deemed unfit to ref. In addition, the league and districts must find a way to fund (if that truly is the issue) a 3 ref system. Too often the refs are out of position for a call which leads to questionable situations and don't tell me that refs (under the 2 ref system)don't guess at calls. They must guess at calls when they are out of position. That is the inherent flaw of the two ref system.

S
throw in
throw in
S
I have no alliance with either school. Those were not 50/50's when one ACF player was tripped(Dreher playing the MAN not ball) and the other was an outstretched arm push...just what I saw from 50 ft.

bench
bench
sidenet... if it was a foul it would have been called, the ref was right in front of it, less than ten yards away. The ref that would have called it if it were a foul, has been reffing for 15 years and also leads the classes to become a ref. If you have a problem with the ref then you should become a ref instead of criticizing him. I doubt that you could do much better.

S
throw in
throw in
S
I am a ref and I likely would have called one of the two, at least a spot just outside the box bare minimum and very possibly a PK. 3aSoccer, glad to see you agree with an official's calls. You are a rare person these days.

Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard