Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19
Kickoff
Kickoff
Quote:

Congratulations to Dreher on not only winning their region, but on winning 14 of their last 15 games. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for Dreher, following last year's senior-laden team that went to the state championship. This year's team has only one senior, so things look good for Dreher for next year.

Good job by Dreher winning the region this year. But how in the world did they stink up the joint this weekend? A loss to Camden Military is one thing, but Darlington? R3 is extremely weak this year and I don't expect any R3 teams to do anything in the playoffs.

goal kick
goal kick
Come on now. Give Darlington a little respect. I think people will be surprised at how much our region has improved. Wilson is a solid team and will not go away easy. They will have a tough match up with NMB in the second round, but don't count them out just yet. Camden Military has a great keeper and Defense. Their forwards play very well too. We caught Dreher down and took advantage. I know both Dreher and Darlington were missing key players, but the fact of the matter is Darlington won. No disrespect toward Dreher, they are a solid team. #4 Bryon Quintoa has a rocket for a foot. They pressure the ball well, fill the space well, and make great runs.

Kickoff
Kickoff
I'm just saying that the Florence/Sumter area isn't exactly a hotbed of soccer in S.C.

2006 Playoffs
#1 Marion - 1st Round, Bye; 2nd Round, BROOKLAND-CAYCE (lost 4-1)
#2 Wilson - 1st Round, TIMBERLAND (won 7-0); 2nd Round, @ N. Myrtle Beach (lost 5-0)
#3 Lakewood - 1st Round, @ N. Charleston (won 7-3); 2nd Round, @ Dreher (lost 9-2)
#4 Crestwood - 1st Round, @ Bluffton (lost 3-1)

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Do the games from the CMA tournament count as "official" games towards a team"s record? The games were only 20-25 minute halves.

goal kick
goal kick
I know full well and understand that in the past we haven't done too well, but give respect when we do well. Wilson is the class of our region and are much better this year than last. They have the abiltity to surprise some people. We at Darlington are a totally different team than last year as well. We have lost a couple of games we controlled simply because we didn't know how to close the deal. We are maturing slowly, but nevertheless getting there. We in Darlington have no youth programs and no club soccer. Beating Dreher with a bunch of guys who are first and second year players shows our athleticism and desire to win. I am not promising or predicting we will make it far in the playoffs (or even past Airport), but I do believe we are better than in years past. We are excited to have beat Dreher and we are excited to be in the playoffs (We haven't been in since 2001 and got beat by BC 16-0). We are humbled by the opportunity and are realistic, yet optimistic about our chances of advancing.

I do believe they count toward your record as they are more than one half. The halves were 25 minutes.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Final Region 3-AAA Playoff Seedings

1-Dreher
2-A.C. Flora
3-Blythewood
4-Camden
5-Chester

throw in
throw in
This forum is to talk about Region 3, no offense but we dont want to here about Darlington in here.

goal kick
goal kick
None taken, just wanted to defend my boys. Good luck to all of you in Region 3 in the playoffs! I think we came up because we beat Dreher.

throw in
throw in
Congrats on the win vs dreher, always nice to see a rival team go down!
Good Luck to you in the playoffs!

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Do the games from the CMA tournament count as "official" games towards a team"s record? The games were only 20-25 minute halves.

Yes. The only matches that do not count in high school soccer are the four preseason scrimmages and jamborees (i.e., Charleston Rotary Classic, Lady Cardinals Invitational @ Cardinal Newman, etc.). The Spartan Classic just completed its third consecutive season being hosted by Camden Military Academy.

Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard