Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
goal kick
goal kick
Actually it shouldnt be a real game because they werent on full fields and it was a 50 minute game thats a little more than half thats not a real game they dont count

bench
bench
Why would 50 minute games played on a 60 yd field be counted towards their schedule? Woulded it have to be a real 80 minute game on a field longer than 60 yds to count? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that these arent REAL games.

goal kick
goal kick
All teams played under the same circumstances (field conditions), all played the same amount of time. Whether you think it should count or not is pointless. These games are recognized by the state as being "real" games. Let it go.

goal kick
goal kick
How are they real games name one thing that signified them as real games? Their was a JV team there. The field was 30 yards long and the game was little over a half

C
kick off
kick off
C
We were told by CMA's coach that the games would not count. We were even told we could use guest players. WE did not, but we were missing many players for Junior/Senior prom and injuries. We played guys out of position and attended tournament just for fun.The tournament is considered a Jamboree so it should not count on record.With 25 minute halves and a 60 yard field it is not a match. HSL also requires certain lengths and widths for a field. It was a good chance to let players play that don't play alot. Congrats to teams that beat us,but if Darlington or CMA would like to schedule a match for next year and play a full match on a full field against our Varsity squad we would be glad to set that up. I don't care if scsoccer counts matches, we are not counting stats or games on our end. All that matters starts next week.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
very happy to see this forum last as long as it has. Good luck to all teams in the playoffs...

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

We were told by CMA's coach that the games would not count. We were even told we could use guest players. WE did not, but we were missing many players for Junior/Senior prom and injuries. We played guys out of position and attended tournament just for fun.The tournament is considered a Jamboree so it should not count on record.With 25 minute halves and a 60 yard field it is not a match. HSL also requires certain lengths and widths for a field. It was a good chance to let players play that don't play alot. Congrats to teams that beat us,but if Darlington or CMA would like to schedule a match for next year and play a full match on a full field against our Varsity squad we would be glad to set that up. I don't care if scsoccer counts matches, we are not counting stats or games on our end. All that matters starts next week.

Simply said, the matches do count. The games played at the Spartan Classic have counted the past two seasons and will again be counted on the overall record of each team that played in the tournament. Just like the Gator Classic hosted by Lakewood, the Eagle Invitational hosted by Airport, and several other tourneys, a time reduced match does not dictate whether the game is "legit". The tournament rules were stated prior to any teams attending, so it's not like this was sprung on anyone at the last minute.

However, some of your comments make me raise my eyebrows.

Rule 6 of the SCHSL Handbook page B-4 states that "A school may not participate for more than 1/2 of a regulation game in any jamboree event". So, if it was a Jamboree, then that appears to be in violation of the rule. 25 minutes is more than 20 minutes (regulation halves for Varsity soccer is 40 minutes).

One more item to be cleared up -- was it even a sanctioned event? It's not listed on the SCHSL's approved "Invitationals and Jamborees" -- http://www.schsl.org/jamso.htm -- but rules #1 and #2 on B-4 state that (1) Schools will not permit their students to participate in an invitational event or jamboree unless the League approves the event. (2) All teams competing in an invitational or jamboree must be members of the League or have permission to participate. The League will not sanction any invitational tournaments or jamborees that does not have at least one member school participating or is beyond the regular season.

Camden Military is not a member of the S.C. High School League and plays as an Independent -- as does the Camden Military JV squad. The other teams that played in this event are members of the SCHSL (Camden, Cheraw, Darlington, Dreher, and Sumter) along with S.C. Independent Athletic Association member Orangeburg Prep.

As for the use of "guest players" -- folks, this isn't club soccer. This is high school and unless that player is a member of the Varsity or Junior Varsity squad, then he/she shouldn't be on the prep team's roster for a tournament. Missing players due to the Prom or injuries -- every other team around the state, region, and nation playing this time of the year faces the same dilemma.

In short (or long) the matches count.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
kyle...would this result in some type of reprimand or probation for the teams that participated in this tournament? obviously, the host team is not held responsible due to them not being affiliated with the high school league.

C
kick off
kick off
C
I think next year when we play better teams we will play half field and only play until halftime. Truth is we did know ahead of time we would be playing 25's but did not know about short field. We also knew(or was told) ahead of time matches would not count, but who cares count them on your board. You can even drop us out of the top 15. Like I said all that matters now is next week.In (long) short We will not count matches. Our regular season recap will say 15-4. You can get me with Rule 16 dash 4 on pg 24 second paragraph of the rule book, but we won't count stats or games on recap.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Our regular season recap will say 15-4.

After reading this most interesting thread, I must ask is Dreher going to count the win as part of their 15 victories, and not the two losses, thus the 15-4 record CCSoccer stated?

How can you count the win and not the two losses?

Per CCSoccer's statement, shouldn't Dreher now be 14-4 instead?

Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard