Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

What is the requirement from a soccer field perspective to host the regionals in South Carolina? It seems that we are always going out west to play.

To host the Southern Regionals the complex needs to have 16 fields (or something close to that, maybe 14 to 20). South Carolina has never had that many fields at one complex. Greenville easily has 16 fields among their Mesa, Wenwood, Brushy Creek, etc. complexes, but as Chico said the fields have to be "contiguous". For some reason they need to all be at the same complex and CESA will soon have enough to host the regional event. It would bring tons of money to the Greenville and SC with all the hotels, car rentals, restaurants, etc. It is an extraordinary event and I hope CESA can get the bid.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Below are the field requirements for regionals as cut and pasted from this year's regional tournament website...

A. Playing Sites
1. Fields:
· A minimum of 16 fields is required to host.
· Field sizes will be coordinated with RTC.
· All fields will be marked according to FIFA guidelines.
· All fields will be marked prior to the beginning of the tournament and at least one or more time during the tournament if deemed necessary by the RTC.
· Nets, corner flags and markings are the responsibility of the LOC.

2. Trailers:
· Separate trailers will be brought in if needed, as determined by the RTC.
The headquarters trailer will have a copier, office supplies, one (1) phone line and air conditioning. An adequate number of tables and chairs must be provided. The referee trailer must also be air conditioned.

3. Tents:
· Two 20’ x 40’ tents should be available for the referees, along with an adequate number of tables and chairs.

It is preferred that the fields be located at a single site. If multiple sites are necessary, a reasonable distance between playing sites would be expected.

The playing venues should ideally be no more than 30 minutes driving time from team lodging. The site(s) must have good access from major highways in the area and ample parking space for teams, administrators, referees and spectators.

Adequate practice fields, separate from the playing pitches to be used for the tournament, shall be available for all participating teams. These practice fields should be in close proximity to the teams’ lodging facilities.

-Attitude reflects leadership-
C
goal
goal
C
The State investing in CESA is money in the bank for SC. Giving CESA $100k is a drop in the bucket for what CESA will replenish the tax base back in tax money. SC should be falling all over itself to give money to all the well established and organized clubs in SC. The growth of youth sports in SC is a great way to raise tax money from people that you would normally never be able to get money from in the first place. I am not saying that you give money to just any club but the ones that are well established and organized such as CESA should be given money to help grow their program, which then benefits SC. The main reason for the fracturing in the midlands has been the county recreational groups that have no reason to grow their sports but just want the tax money. When was the last time you saw a county recreational group put on a soccer tournament to raise money. And we all know that the money raise by the club is a little percentage of what the local businesses make off that tournament.

I remember fighting with the local rec group because they told I was not allowed to use their fields because the rec teams had them and since my daughter played club I don't qualify to use them. I tried to explain that I pay the same taxes as the rec parents but it didn't seem to phase him. This is the reason CSC owns it's fields.

SCYSA offers zero seed money to the clubs. And they have only talked about getting fields in Columbia, not to benefit any Columbia teams but for the Greenville, Charleston matches that always seem to have problems scheduling on very busy Columbia fields. Again Columbia teams would continue to use their fields and receive zero benefit from this plan. But this is just talk and will probably never happen because of the cost of purchasing land in the midlands big enough for fields is just to expensive.

Here I go again!
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

SCYSA offers zero seed money to the clubs. And they have only talked about getting fields in Columbia, not to benefit any Columbia teams but for the Greenville, Charleston matches that always seem to have problems scheduling on very busy Columbia fields. Again Columbia teams would continue to use their fields and receive zero benefit from this plan. But this is just talk and will probably never happen because of the cost of purchasing land in the midlands big enough for fields is just to expensive.

I think the Columbia clubs would benefit from this plan in that their fields would not be so drastically overused and torn up as they are now with all of the neutral games being played. There is just not enough off-season time to recover the fields from this degree of overuse. And with the great demand, there aren't enough fields to let some go unused for a season to recover. Being able to rotate out one or more fields each season for repair & recovery would be a great benefit to the quality of the playing surfaces.

throw in
throw in
OOOO yeah pay for our feilds

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME THE PLAYER PLAYS"
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

OOOO yeah pay for our feilds

The amount of money paid by the league for use of the fields as a neutral location for upstate and lowerstate teams to play each other in Columbia is certainly not enough to defray the costs associated with the overuse of the fields. But the clubs are required by SCYSA to allow the fields to be used. I've been at a local complex when 3 league games were being played and none of the 6 teams were from the local area. I think it would only be appropriate for SCYSA to provide fields for this purpose rather than requiring the local clubs to have their fields overused by neutral games. It would not be paying for the Columbia area clubs' fields.

Last edited by Coach P; 05/31/07 03:00 AM.
S
coach
coach
S
DDrogba9: My guess is that you don't pay much in the way of taxes.

Coach P: I'd like to see the SCYSA use a market-based system such that clubs "owning" fields are paid a higher rate for usage so that the clubs themselves can invest that money into either maintenance or field expansion.

G
throw in
throw in
G
How much does SCYSA pay for field usage now? (I assume $0 for matches where one of the teams is from the club that owns the field, and what something like $30-$50 for a neutral match, i.e., CESA vs Bridge at Columbia)

C
goal
goal
C
Quote:

DDrogba9: My guess is that you don't pay much in the way of taxes.

Coach P: I'd like to see the SCYSA use a market-based system such that clubs "owning" fields are paid a higher rate for usage so that the clubs themselves can invest that money into either maintenance or field expansion.

I think the problem is not there isn't enough money to maintain the current fields but the lack of time allowed to close down fields in order to allow it to rest. If a Columbia Clubs where the only ones playing on their fields then the Columbia Clubs could close several fields for a few weeks at a time to help recover. Expansion would be the only way to combat this problem and no one would like SCYSA giving large amounts of cash to Columbia based clubs in order for them to expand and to expand in Columbia would take a lot of money.

Here I go again!
S
throw in
throw in
S
1st of all the annoucement regarding the 2009 Presidents Cup is for Classic level Teams, not the RegionIII Tournament

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard