Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#79845 03/17/07 02:09 PM
C
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
C
Is it just me or do others sense a reduction in intensity on this website? It seems that some schools, players, fans, etc. have up and left. Where are all the posts about the scores? (I know there's one location for each week, but it seems to lack more than half the games) You look at the teams' schedules and there seems a lot of the schools never filled out their schedules (at least in the Pee Dee). There used to be more banter between teams and players. Has the enthusiasm for the sport diminished? Do the subtle changes to the website make it less appealing to post? Has the ipod or the Wii gobled up the free time spent on the website? Or, like I asked first, is it just me? (I bet someone can get some stats out of this and make a case for something!)

Coach Cady GSSM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Coach I agree with you. Personally I've seen that no one replies to many of the comments. There is alot of looks but no discussion. Is it all losing its fizzle. Looks like the fans are getting as lazy as some of the play on the field.

goal kick
goal kick
I agree as well. I believe that it comes down to people not wanting to offend or add fuel to the fire. There are probably a number of coaches who have told their players to shut up. I love the banter myself, you can also do without being offensive. By the way Coach Cady, look forward to seeing you guys in a couple weeks.

C
Coach
Coach
C
I've noticed the same thing...and the posts on the girls' side have been even thinner than for the boys. I've never seen so many unfilled slots in the scoreboard along with the lack of banter. This site has not only been a lot of fun, but also a really valuable source of information--so, what can we do to get people back into being more involved?

I've got good news and bad news...
S
Brace
Brace
S
Yeah that is kinda sad, but i think some coaches don't let their players talk on the board to avoid any drama in the game, although i believe in a little trash talkin every now and then. But yeah, just need some more friendly trash talkin to bring it back alive.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
H
bench
bench
H
i think this site makes it more interesting of a game. Good players and teams get trash talked on here and have to prove people wrong on the field; therefore, those players and teams get bragging rights on the website. i know people who stopped going on this site because there is not as much interesting topics as there once was.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Coach Cady,

If it'll make you feel any better, I don't think GSSM is going to win any more games this year. How can a bunch of uber-geeks play this game???

Sincerely,
your favorite trash-talking lurker

Last edited by lurker; 03/18/07 01:37 AM.
C
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
C
Lurker,

You low life, tiger lovin', ex-diesel SE! You know all about uber-geeks and how they can dominate! May the rust of a 1000 FE atoms infest your sprockets! Now that's more like it!

Coach Cady GSSM
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Interesting comments and I will address each one individually.

COACH CADY
Is it just me or do others sense a reduction in intensity on this website? It seems that some schools, players, fans, etc. have up and left. Several posters who were avid followers of their children's teams have seen their kids graduate and do not offer their insight as much as they used to -- it's prep sports and is cyclical by nature. I miss seeing some of the quips and commentary as well, but we have been pretty adamant about keeping a lot of the juvenile discussions to a minimum, too. Where are all the posts about the scores? (I know there's one location for each week, but it seems to lack more than half the games) You look at the teams' schedules and there seems a lot of the schools never filled out their schedules (at least in the Pee Dee). People are finally using the Scoreboard for its intended purpose! As of this morning, more than 7,500 matches were listed online -- unheard of by April of each year. The Message Board is a place for discussion, but the Scoreboard is where scores/results should be placed. Email kyle@scsoccer.com with any updates. That being said, the one thread a week for Boys/Girls/JV scores/results has been utilized properly and for that we are grateful! There used to be more banter between teams and players. Has the enthusiasm for the sport diminished? I doubt it, but hopefully people have realized that this Board is for legitimate discussions concerning soccer. The occasional off the wall threads are fine from time to time and everyone enjoys the levity associated with group discussions, but this is also a "mouth piece" for prep soccer and the SCHSSCA and I think this year's threads so far prove that it's more of an "information area" -- the intended use! Do the subtle changes to the website make it less appealing to post? The Message Board has had this appearance since July. Don't know if it has changed too much, though. Has the ipod or the Wii gobled up the free time spent on the website? Could be, never even thought about it, though more registered users are online now than at any other time for SCSoccer.com. Or, like I asked first, is it just me? (I bet someone can get some stats out of this and make a case for something!)

COACH CHASS
I've noticed the same thing...and the posts on the girls' side have been even thinner than for the boys. I think the girls side is missing LPAF! I've never seen so many unfilled slots in the scoreboard along with the lack of banter. More scores/results reported this year at this time than ever before. However, lots of JV information missing and I believe that has more to do with the constant turnover in staffs on an annual basis. This site has not only been a lot of fun, but also a really valuable source of information--so, what can we do to get people back into being more involved? As long as it doesn't become mud-slinging and "My Daddy can beat up your Daddy" type banter, I'm all for it. The less there is to moderate the better!

HESDONEIT
I think this site makes it more interesting of a game. Good players and teams get trash talked on here and have to prove people wrong on the field; therefore, those players and teams get bragging rights on the website. i know people who stopped going on this site because there is not as much interesting topics as there once was. Spoken like a true high school student-athlete :-).

world cup
world cup
The Girls HS forum not only misses lpaf, we also miss West Ashley!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard