Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
"By the way, the best teamwork I've seen in 4A was watching Fort Mill play."

Chico, a bunch of those girls have played Club together for years. I'd say that has a lot to do with it. Plus Jim seems to be a lot more vocal this year. Maybe because of so many 9th graders but he is working pretty hard on this group.

S
coach
coach
S
[To the cadence of "I Will Not Eat Green Eggs and Ham"]:

I will not post a relative's name,
I will not post it for praise or blame,
If I were to write that name I fear,
The end of my life would be all too near,
I'm afraid she'd beat me upon the head,
And I'd be fortunate to only end up dead,
The rules are short, precise, and clear,
I will not post a relative's name here.

[Legal notice: All material is hereby copyrighted to "Chico, the amazingly fast racing greyhound who can't speak but can type and is owned in part by an idiot." Any mention of "relative" can and should be taken as meaning either "relative", "non-relative", or "artichoke" depending on the context, the time of day spoken, and the mercurial mood of a pantheon of other posters. All opinions here are those of a very fast ex-racing greyhound who was beaten in races only by cheating stealing lying less-worthy greyhounds; the opinions expressed herein do not reflect those of the any organized religion, the SCYSA, USYSA, USCS, or PETA.]

goal kick
goal kick
Chico the poet hmmmm we learn more stuff about you everyday. I do agree that all other player on Lexington hate "she who must not be named" and dont ever stand a chance at being as good as her so they should just stop now! And i do like the retiring jersey idea!

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
S
coach
coach
S
>>[Big Daddy] I can't believe FM plays 3 in the back.<<

No disagreement on any player named; however, I thought I'd say a few more words on what impressed me about FM.

I mentioned this on another thread, but part of what makes FM play so well is that they don't really only play three in the back. Yes...I do understand that they quite often play a three back system, but their midfield is absolutely wonderful at dropping back incredibly quickly to defense and then moving back just as quickly to an offensive position.

It seems to me that the weakness of this type of system is being caught on counters. In my mind, however, it's a great bet because most high school teams move the ball incredibly slowly with too much carrying and not enough (if any) one-touch accurate passing and because if you have the right athletes at midfield (and by midfield, I'm including the wings as well) and the right coaching then you can effectively cover on defense really quickly.

I'll put it another way -- against Lexington, when Lexington had possession, I never saw only three defenders -- I'd almost always see at least eight defenders by the time Lexington attacked. I'd guess that this isn't unusual; that FM is just a really well-coached team with some wonderful players.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Mash, I heard she's tired after practice. So I think you got a hold of an "Urban Legend".

World Cup
World Cup
Big Daddy, perhaps you are right

What system is weak against counters? Fort Mill's, 3 backs in general, 3-4-3, 3-5-2, or Steve Sampsons wonderful '98 World Cup 3-6-1?

C
Goal
Goal
C
a system that has quick defenders

World Cup
World Cup
Booooooooo!!!

S
bench
bench
S
I agree with SBS but i think there are few others..

Kira Campbell, center mid, lexington
Ali Steele, Defender, Lexington
Hannah Gmerek, wren
Emily Kellam, defender, dutch fork
Kendall Maxwell, gk, tl hanna
Caitlin Robinson, forward, tl hanna
Kitty Tryon, center mid, spring valley
Danielle shaw, Forward, Spring valley
Samantha Watts, forward, Spring valley
Janna Kamoroski, sweeper, Spring Valley
Olivia Urig, wando
Alix Zongrone, defender, dorman