Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
Who are some of the best 4A players at their positions, Forwards, Mids, Backs, and keepers?

M
kick off
kick off
M
Thomas Gorman of Lexington is the best Forward i have seen in years. He has a great combination of speed and touch to go along with a rocket shot. He is Lexington's key to overcoming NW this year.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Does he even play? that is a joke.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
i really hope that is a joke, gorman is absolute trash and should not even be mentioned amongst the best jv players i mean come on he's not even one of the top 11 players on his team, let alone the state

Y
throw in
throw in
Y
a little harsh methinks. I think Enzo Martinez, Austin Savage, Randall Eads, and Alex Martinez are some of the best players in the state.

goal kick
goal kick
antoine parris a freshman striker at spring valley is very good all around

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Lexington overcoming Northwestern because of that kid? Bollocks.

A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
Some players I believe deserve the title as best at their position as listed below. Feel free to add on.

Forward: Ryan Kropp (Northwestern), Enzo Martinez (Northwestern), Kirby B (Wando), Carey Hite (DF), Sean Flynn (SV)

Mid Fielders: Jugal Dalal (Irmo), Ryan Martin (DF)

Backs: Daniel Lynch (Irmo), Danny Cates (DF)

Goalkeeper: Jason McCabe (DF)

*Those are just a few i can think of off the top of my head and all of whom I've seen play.

M
bench
bench
M
Forward: Flynn(SV), Antoine Parris(SV)
Mid Fielder: Eamon Penland (SV)
Backs: Zach Houghton (SV),
GoalKeeper: Davis Jenkins (SV)

goal kick
goal kick
I heard that Lexington goalie Tanner Osborne blocked 3 penalty kicks and got the better part of a 4th ball (that spun in) in the PK shootout Friday in Lexington. Also told he made a couple of great saves during the game. How his team lost behind that is hard to fathom but if this kid is a sophomore then he has great things ahead of him. I think he's on my list

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
The kid has potential and is doing a good job learning quickly, but to say he is one of the best keepers in the state is a little drastic.

throw in
throw in
correction....tanner osborne is a junior.

Nobody asks to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way.
E
goal kick
goal kick
E
osborne only had 2 make 3 saves throughout the play lex lost the game bc they couldnt make hardly any pk's osborne kept them in it by saving 3

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
yea he's good and solid but not one of the best in the state, look at df's jason mccabe? i think his name is i dont know but ive seen him play and he's pretty good going to upstate if im not mistaken, so i would say he's probably the best in the state for a keeper

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Best Midfielder- Vance Benson

M
kick off
kick off
M
Those of you bashing Gorman have obviously not seen him play this year. He is coming off of a bad ankle injury from last year, but he is coming on strong. He has all the talent in the world.

M
throw in
throw in
M
But he alone is not the key to beating Northwestern. If the Trojans show up, it will take every player on Lexington to bring their A-game in order to beat them.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Is this Ross Gorman you guys are speaking of...10th grader?

goal kick
goal kick
no its his older brother...thomas gorman....but ross gorman will be an excellent defender for the wildcats next year

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
P
kick off
kick off
P
There is no way that Thomas Gorman should be in the conversation for best player at his position in 4A. It is as simple as that.

M
kick off
kick off
M
PKSpot u need to do some research and actually go and watch a game. U obviously are ignorant.

bench
bench
I agree with myers. From what i heard, Thomas Gorman is a vital part of the team. Despite multiple ankle injuries, he is still a major factor in the Wildcat's success. With his lightning speed, powerful shot, and a great touch, Thomas Gorman will be a huge factor in the Lex - NW game. But this is what ive heard through the grapevine, it could be a load of bull.

M
throw in
throw in
M
You seem so confident in his abilities, and then you end with "But this is what ive heard through the grapevine, it could be a load of bull."

Good arguement.

The factors in that game will be the boys on the other side of the field.

corner kick
corner kick
PKSpot you really should watch the personal attacks. The end of season stats will do the talking and prove you wrong. (Lexington has already done the talking against your Foxes)

Last year the message board was full of "trash talk" about the weak Irmo defense, mostly about the keepers. A look back shows that Irmo's defense was the best in the state against the Top Ten teams. They had many shutouts, 4 against Top Ten teams... 2 shutouts against Spring Valley, 4A State Runner-up, and 2 shutouts against your Dutch Fork Silver Foxes.

By the end of the season very few of us will see our predictions fulfilled...

...I've already missed so many, I'm waiting until June to do the rest of my prognosticating.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Either way Spartan, Gorman is not very good. Numerous years of playing against him in club have shown me nothing as far as talent is concerned. Decent pace, yes, but overall soccer skill, no way.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Spartan... he must watch his personal attacks, but you don't have to. Do you really think that if you were to watch this Gorman kid and then say Enzo that they would even be close to comparable? Don't think so. This was a topic about the best 4A players in the state. A suggestion that ridiculous is allowed to be critiqued.

goal kick
goal kick
alright im tired about talkin about gorman...hes decent ok?...new player please!

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
throw in
throw in
yea

Last edited by AlbinoGrassFairy; 03/26/07 11:42 PM.

bench
bench
I heard about a kid named Wes Daniels. He is on JV this year but he will be a great part of the Wildcat team next year. His solid left foot and diehard gameplay will help the wildcats since they are losing so many quality seniors, like Thomas Gorman.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
I seriously hope you are just trying to get a rise out of someone. haha.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Even though he plays for a weak team, RNE, Manuel Leon deserves to be in this conversation. On the few occasions I've seen him, against good teams, it's often like watching a man playing with boys. If he played for a legit team he would be higher profile.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Naw but seriously the best defender in the state is Joseph Tuoghy from Irmo. He is a brick wall in the back for Savitz and he is great in the air on corners. He is the reason Irmo has done better than most expected.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Brick wall??..from what I have seen Northwestern poured 6 goals on them...just my two cents

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Don't waste your time Bassett, the kid is just trying to be funny. I'm not sure if he just wants to post these names to watch them get bashed or what. Tuoughy doesn't even play in the back for Irmo and hasn't even started all of their games.

bench
bench
Israel Ngong is a great forward for lexington. he has a precision shot that hardly every misses. it is ridiculous watching this kid play. I heard Tuoughy was really good in the air and a vital part in the Irmo team.

throw in
throw in
I know he might not be the best player in the state, but Quinn Hunt does an amazing job for his sub par team at Aiken and i just wanted to give that to him. He is a natural defender that has stepped into the midfield to atleast create chances for his team even if they are not getting the results.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Alright the joke is over Spaz.

A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
so do you guys bash players because you're jealous of them or what because most people wouldn't waste the time of going out of their way to call a player out.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Israel Ngong is a great forward for lexington. he has a precision shot that hardly every misses. it is ridiculous watching this kid play. I heard Tuoughy was really good in the air and a vital part in the Irmo team.

O.k. I think it's time to bust spaz. He signed on a few days ago, and began posting about Lexington players and trying to raise a ruckus. His 7 posts are about players who are just decent enough to get someone to defend them, and then everyone else jumps in and rips them to shreds. Cool game. It reminds me of Irmostriker last year who no more played for Irmo than I did.

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
goal kick
goal kick
just wondering, but since south aiken is doing so good, then who are their stars?

throw in
throw in
South Aiken doesn't really have stars.

S
throw in
throw in
S
number seven for irmo is pretty good ....im not sure of his name but he is a foward .. lexingtons reel is pretty good too

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

South Aiken doesn't really have stars.

Now hold on there Fairy...number eleven i think on SA has amazing speed and ball touch...now he might not be a star...but he does sort of turn the tide in the game for his team

Last edited by ClimaCool®; 03/28/07 10:12 PM.

throw in
throw in
Climacool... South Aiken has no stars. they have people that stand out but not people that truly change the game. Eleven didn't change the game.

C
kick off
kick off
C
the only thing Flynn from spring valley is good at is home invasion. he's not even that good at that cus he got caught

C
kick off
kick off
C
lexington is gonna need much more than this gorman kid to beat NW. stillman will have him on his back the entire game

goal kick
goal kick
It was a joke trojan...gorman doesnt even start

kick off
kick off
Flynn really is over rated, if a defense pushes him to his left hes done

kick off
kick off
south aiken plays very well as a team, If they keep it up, they really wont need a "star" to win games

C
kick off
kick off
C
as long as you understand lexington is gonna need a team effort to hang with NW. either way it will be a good game. looking forward to checking it out

goal kick
goal kick
Are you saying Lexington doesnt play as a team?

H
brace
brace
H
Post deleted by Kevin Heise

kick off
kick off
Lex really doesnt play well together at times, they could be alot better than there showing

T
bench
bench
T
Quote:

It was a joke trojan...gorman doesnt even start

Are you so sure? I thought he was pretty darn amazing against Aiken. He had a goal called back but it was that powershot someone earlier was talking about.

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
he came off the bench after we were up 3-0 and there were like 10 min left in the game and the coach was tryin to let everybody play. he is decent but he wont play when we face northwestern
and y dont u stop makin fun of kids... makes u look like an a$$

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
goal kick
goal kick
lets not use profanity ehs...their joke will die out soon

T
bench
bench
T
I was being serious, he looked good to me.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

lets not use profanity ehs...their joke will die out soon

Hopefully, Climacool is right.

97% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
S
kick off
kick off
S
alright well the best backs all around for south carolina are the wando backs hands down. when will moore luke hogan and jake sharp are all on the field theres not much gettin by them. unfortuantely for wando they will be missin sharp in the palmetto cup but still moore and hogan should be able to hold it down.

dont question me
brace
brace
Luke Hogan is an excellent defender.

S
kick off
kick off
S
this is true.

dont question me
S
throw in
throw in
S
so tell me sickwithit...how did wando do this season against the three better than average teams they have played....lost...don't think they will do well at the Palmetto Cup

goal kick
goal kick
good point sideline..wandos defenders are decent..but they are not the best

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Wando's coming off a 3-1 win over a Georgia 5A team. They will do well next week. So sideline, look out, the Lowcountry is coming to town!!!

kick off
kick off
just because parkview is a 5A team doesnt mean there that good, i believe we have some 4A teams in SC (clover, byrnes) that would be destroyed by any scisa team...classification means nothing, wait till Wando gets a result against a top 10 team in this state and then come talk, but until then im just going to say what everyone already knows, wando is defenitly not a top 5 team, good try though soccer05

Last edited by obey the game; 03/31/07 03:15 PM.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I guess we'll see next week. That's why we play the games.

N
throw in
throw in
N
Whoever hasnt seen Wando play has no idea what they are talking about. I see them doing well in this tournament and also making a long run at the state championship.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Here's the history on Parkview: I'd say they're pretty good!
Located just outside of Lilburn, a northeastern suburb of Atlanta, Parkview High School has a history of fielding very competitive high school soccer teams.

The soccer program began in 1977 under Coach Bill Bonnet. In 1982, Coach Karl Bostick took over the boys soccer program and racked up a record of 11-1-0 in his first year. The team was defeated in the quarter finals of the State Soccer Championship. Since then the boys have advanced to state soccer quarter finals or above 13 times and won the state soccer title 6 times. In 1997 both boys and girls teams won the State Soccer Championship, being the first time a single school has ever claimed that honor in Georgia.

In 2005, history repeated itself when both the Boys and Girls won the 5-A State Soccer Championship, marking the second time Parkview has accomplished this feat.

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
seems to me parkview wasnt just some push over

S
throw in
throw in
S
Im not denying Wando has some good players...because i play club with a few of them, but until they actually win a big game people shouldn't say they have the best backs in the state and they definitely shouldn't be ranked number 2

brace
brace
Parkview is a good team. Wando is to be congratulated on a good win against a good opponent. It's really not how you start the season, it's how you finish.

S
kick off
kick off
S
that was a big game you idiota. and come on who does nw play noone that great either

dont question me
T
throw in
throw in
T
woah, Lets not start comparing ourselves to NW here. Don't get me wrong Wando is a very strong team, but they are deffinatly no Northwestern. First you have to beat some of the big boys in SC that everyone has seen play before, not a georgia team.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Northwestern has beaten: Dutch Fork, Irmo, Fort Mill, and Dorman. They have beaten the quality teams, Wando has not yet, but definitely has the potential.

S
throw in
throw in
S
look northwestern is sick because they have great forwards , great midfielders, and so far they have proved that... if you are saying that wando is great because of their backs then how could you prove that...you can't because they havn't stopped anyone great....now if you want to say that wando is good because of some players like ralphy, eppleshiemer, and burkholder then i can understand because they do possess the ball great

brace
brace
For those of you who question how good Parkview is...

http://216.27.84.134/cgi-bin/sicrtsc.pl?...s&Season=07

Last edited by CornerFlag; 04/01/07 12:59 AM.
S
kick off
kick off
S
okay lets see since nw has played so many "good teams" dorman is 8 and 5 not so good, fort mill is 8 and 4 still not so good, irmo is 7 and 5 watch out, and yes you are right about one of the quality wins dutch fork but thats the only one you are right about.

dont question me
world cup
world cup
sick,

"fort mill is 8 and 4 still not so good, irmo is 7 and 5 watch out,"

Is Irmo REALLY that much better than Fort Mill? If both teams show up, I smell a 1-goal game.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
kick off
kick off
S
yea i was jokin about watchin out for irmo they AREN'T GOOD EITHER

dont question me
S
throw in
throw in
S
ha ok and i guess we will see if wando is good in the palmetto cup ...everyone knows that northwestern could kill them but keep runnin your mouth sickwithit they won't even get out of their group

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
all that matters is the state championship who cares about the palmetto cup if wando wins that and nw wins state ppl remember nw not wando. Palmetto cup is a sick tournament but sideline and sickwitit argue your points when the real tournament comes. If nw repeats, ill personally be amazed. They have the potential though

Hey stinks
bench
bench
Beaufort has a lot of skilled players on their squad.

"if you don't recognize my face you'll recognize my goals"
P
kick off
kick off
P
Wando didn't even advance anyway.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Seth Kulasekera? i dont know how to spell the last name, but the kid is sheer brilliance, he dominates the game for his team and can make any defender look incredibly stupid. i saw him against df last night and im pretty sure he beat just about every defender df had.

A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
I agree with you welshwizard, seth is my vote for best center mid in the state and yes he did dominate the midfield against DF, however he does not belong in this discussion because he plays for Daniel, a 3A school. This topic is best 4A players in the state.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Just want to throw some backs out there:

Zach Houghton SV
Garrett Lay Irmo
Carey Hite DF

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
who cares Seth is sick and deserves to be all american in my opinon

Hey stinks
A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
yes Seth is a great player and I believe he's the best center midfielder in the state regardless of classification but the forum topic was about the best in 4A, I was just stating that Daniel is a 3A school. Also PKSpot, I agree with you on Carey Hite being one of the top defenders around. He's played up top for a large part of the season yet has trouble finishing. DF has now moved him into the back and he has played well. We all know Danny Cates is one of the premier backs there is but Stephen Shuford is also a very solid back at Dutch Fork. Jess Makki at Lexington is also a player I would take on my team anyday because he's a smart player, and plays with a lot of heart. He is a top notch back as well.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
yes you are right alexander, my fault, I was just blown away with this kid at the palmetto cup though, however, in the future ill be sure to read the entire post to make sure im posting an accurate statement

A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
its no big deal welsh, he did put on a show in the palmetto cup and rightly deserved to be named to the all tournament team.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
He is a quality player and will do wonders for Davidson.

A
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
A
Kevin Orzech put on a good showing at the Palmetto Cup this past week, as one of the leading goal scorers in the tournament. He's a pretty talented forward but I wouldn't put him in the elite list of forwards but still a very solid player.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard