Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
It was Chapin 1-0 in OT. Chapin came out strong the first 10 minutes but couldn't score. BC outplayed them the rest of the half and it was even play in the 2nd half with both sides having good shots. Winning goal was scored in 2nd OT. Chapin is a very good team but they didn't dominate the game as some on here might have you believe. The rematch in the Cage should be a great game (as this one was).

F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
ColaDad, I'll give you that Chapin had more shots on goal but to say they dominated?? BC plays to it's strength and everyone on here complains about it. If Chapin's talent is much better than BC's, why is evey game so close? It was a great game and Chapin won it at the end. Period.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Part 2 Friday night at The Cage...

Can Chapin sweep the region or will the Bearcats win at home and claim a share of the region championship?

I'm biased of course, but there is just something different about B-C at home...that's how it always is. Last regular season home game for Gypin and the seniors, I'll take B-C 2-1.

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
To answer BCsoccerDad:

I was just sharing my personal opinion and obseration. BC seems to attack just off of the throw-ins and set pieces. Not once in the first match up did one of BC's forwards have the ball at their feet and try to combine with a teammate. Again, this is just my un-biased opinion. But I'll give credit where credit is due, BC is very good in the air and their keeper, Gypin is of course one of the best in the state, and these two reasons are probably why they are kept in most of the games. All this sets up for a great match at the Cage on Friday which obviously suits the Bearcats. On the other hand, it will be essential that Chapin is spectacular and focused when defending the throw-ins and set pieces if they want to sweep the region without allowing a goal. I'll go 1-0 Chapin, but definitely a game that could go either way.

F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
Coladad,I agree with your last post. BC strategy is to "flag" the ball, which limits our forwards from "having the ball at their feet and trying to combine with a teammate", which is not our strong suit. Keep in mind, our boys don't grow up in a rich soccer community with nice fields and year round club soccer. Coach Heise really recruits and ask our parents to really commit to camps and to the recently formed Congaree Rapid Soccer Association. Most of this starts in middle school. So Coach uses a strategy that many purists criticize but he gets results. Our boys work really hard on conditioning which has given us an edge (or the ability to compete) in most games. Our two worst games this year was Northwestern (on a regulation soccer field in front of several college coaches & players) which wanted to "make a statement". I assume this because their starters (Enzo and the rest) were in the game despite being up 8-0 halfway through the 2nd half. Our other BAD game was against Wando in Mount Pleasant during the Carolina Soccer Classic (in the Sunday game). Other than that, we have hung in there pretty good against THE toughest schedule in the state. However, we have to play to the best of our abilities to able to win against Chapin.I believe our boys can do it. 2-1 in OT.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Just wondering who is #1 seed if BC wins? Will it be Chapin or B-C.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I think this is right:

If Chapin wins, they win the region outright. If B-C wins 1-0, it goes to a tie-breaker which I believe may be records against 4A & 3A competition, or records against common opponents outside Region IV-3A. If B-C wins 2-1, 3-2 etc., Chapin earns the #1 seed due to away goals. If B-C wins by 2 or more, they earn the #1 seed.

World Cup
World Cup
From Kyle in the girls forum:

REGION 4-3A TIE-BREAKING STEPS

Step 1. Region Point System
The following point value will be used in assigning points for a win within the region:
1st Place.............6 points
2nd Place.............5 points
3rd Place.............4 points
4th Place.............3 points
5th Place.............2 points
6th Place.............1 point

If two teams are tied for a region position, each team will be acknowledged as that particular seed when the point system is used. (Example - if 2 teams are tied for 3rd place, any win against either team would be assigned 3rd place points.)

Step 2. High School League System

The following point system will be used if teams are still tied:

A WIN FROM A
4A school with a non-losing record = 5 points
4A school with a losing record = 4 points
3A school with a non-losing record = 4 points
3A school with a losing record = 3 points
2A school with a non-losing record = 3 points
2A school with a losing record = 2 points
1A school with a non-losing record = 2 points
1A school with a losing record = 1 point

IF TIED, THE WINNER WILL BE*
1. The team whose opponents have lost the fewest games.
2. The team whose opponents have won the most games.
3. The team whose opponents have scored the fewest points at the end of regulation play (all games).

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Why not just play a simple championship/tiebreaker if the teams are tied? I think that would be a little more fair...

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
"Keep in mind, our boys don't grow up in a rich soccer community with nice fields and year round club soccer."

I don't seem to get how that has anything to do with the forwards having the ball at their feet? Nonetheless, can't wait to come out and watch these two good teams play tonight, should be a great battle!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard