Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
First of two games for the region title at Chapin on 3/27. Who do you think will win?

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
This should be a fantastic game on Tuesday. I think that they key for BC will be how well they will be able to contain the two fantastic forwards from Chapin, Joey Demare and David Stones. Having said that the key for Chapin will be can they overcome a rough part of their season (injuries and congested schedule) and match the intensity of BC that they bring to each and every game. Should be a great game to watch!

??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
As Borat would say,Those two guys mentioned are "fantastic forwards".........pause.............NOT!!!!!!!!!!1

D
bench
bench
D
i think some scisa school beat both those teams...

803 Offline
kick off
kick off
yes, Cardinal Newman beat both BC and Chapin. The score to the BC game was 2-1, and the Chapin score was 4-1, so by that my choice would be BC in this game.

F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
Both teams have played a challenging schedule so both will be "battle tested". Looking forward to see how our "youmg" team responds. I'm sure our record is surprising to many and our team is getting better each week.

F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
Forgot to mention that we have to play Northwestern after Chapin and then Fort Mill, Dorman, and a team from Wyoming in the Palmetto Cup. Definitely a big task at hand.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
boo hoo lets cry about your schedule some more, a lot of teams have tough schedules coming up, and BC will probably lose all of those games, not being mean, but i just do not think they match up well with any of those other teams talent wise, and i mean has BC even moved on from the days of Scott Busbee?

T
throw in
throw in
T
welshwizard... everything I read from you is demeaning to someone or a team. Just curious as to what makes you so much better than everyone else.

F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
Where in my post was I "boo hooing"? Just pointing out that 4 out of our next 5 games against teams that are 33-11. Our opponents overall are 120-66-1. This is the time of year to find out what kind of team we have.

L
throw in
throw in
L
I agree with welshwizard

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I think BC's intensity and excitement will be too much for Chapin in a match between two evenly matched teams. Cardinal Newman seems to have shown some weaknesses I'm sure the Bearcats will exploit.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
I'm sorry if I come off as a jerk, I really am not, but if someone does say something that seems to be of lesser intelligence I call them on it. Not that BC dad is of lesser intelligence, I am just saying that most people's schedules are getting harder at this key juncture of the season. I mean look at the schedules of the teams in the Palmetto Cup, BC included. As for the game I think that Chapin will walk away with a victory, too much skill for BC.

S
Brace
Brace
S
I have seen Chapin play and O have seen BC play. I have to give the edge to Chapin. I think they are stronger and faster...Chapin 3-1

P
bench
bench
P
Chapin will exploit BC's weaknesses on a larger field that BC's not used to playing. Chapin will take this one.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
We'll see tonight...BC 2-1(OT).

goal
goal
Good luck Bearcats!

What's my name?! Chuck Norris doesn't get questions, he gets answers!
T
bench
bench
T
who wins?...uh cardinal newman both times...and there just a SCISA team

I
bench
bench
I
Chapin 1 : BC 0

Chapin played so much better soccer, BC just did like 10000 long flip throws. Hats off to the goalie who came in at forward and got the assist.

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Great match too watch, even though it was one-sided for the most part. The only times BC got any kind of chances were off of long throws and set pieces. Chapin dominated the game and had so many chances to score in regulation, but it was just one of those days were nothing went in. Finally in overtime Joey Demare put his chance away after play a great game. Hats off to Hase, who came in the second half at forward and made a great assist to Joey on the goal.

F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
It was Chapin 1-0 in OT. Chapin came out strong the first 10 minutes but couldn't score. BC outplayed them the rest of the half and it was even play in the 2nd half with both sides having good shots. Winning goal was scored in 2nd OT. Chapin is a very good team but they didn't dominate the game as some on here might have you believe. The rematch in the Cage should be a great game (as this one was).

F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
ColaDad, I'll give you that Chapin had more shots on goal but to say they dominated?? BC plays to it's strength and everyone on here complains about it. If Chapin's talent is much better than BC's, why is evey game so close? It was a great game and Chapin won it at the end. Period.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Part 2 Friday night at The Cage...

Can Chapin sweep the region or will the Bearcats win at home and claim a share of the region championship?

I'm biased of course, but there is just something different about B-C at home...that's how it always is. Last regular season home game for Gypin and the seniors, I'll take B-C 2-1.

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
To answer BCsoccerDad:

I was just sharing my personal opinion and obseration. BC seems to attack just off of the throw-ins and set pieces. Not once in the first match up did one of BC's forwards have the ball at their feet and try to combine with a teammate. Again, this is just my un-biased opinion. But I'll give credit where credit is due, BC is very good in the air and their keeper, Gypin is of course one of the best in the state, and these two reasons are probably why they are kept in most of the games. All this sets up for a great match at the Cage on Friday which obviously suits the Bearcats. On the other hand, it will be essential that Chapin is spectacular and focused when defending the throw-ins and set pieces if they want to sweep the region without allowing a goal. I'll go 1-0 Chapin, but definitely a game that could go either way.

F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
Coladad,I agree with your last post. BC strategy is to "flag" the ball, which limits our forwards from "having the ball at their feet and trying to combine with a teammate", which is not our strong suit. Keep in mind, our boys don't grow up in a rich soccer community with nice fields and year round club soccer. Coach Heise really recruits and ask our parents to really commit to camps and to the recently formed Congaree Rapid Soccer Association. Most of this starts in middle school. So Coach uses a strategy that many purists criticize but he gets results. Our boys work really hard on conditioning which has given us an edge (or the ability to compete) in most games. Our two worst games this year was Northwestern (on a regulation soccer field in front of several college coaches & players) which wanted to "make a statement". I assume this because their starters (Enzo and the rest) were in the game despite being up 8-0 halfway through the 2nd half. Our other BAD game was against Wando in Mount Pleasant during the Carolina Soccer Classic (in the Sunday game). Other than that, we have hung in there pretty good against THE toughest schedule in the state. However, we have to play to the best of our abilities to able to win against Chapin.I believe our boys can do it. 2-1 in OT.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Just wondering who is #1 seed if BC wins? Will it be Chapin or B-C.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I think this is right:

If Chapin wins, they win the region outright. If B-C wins 1-0, it goes to a tie-breaker which I believe may be records against 4A & 3A competition, or records against common opponents outside Region IV-3A. If B-C wins 2-1, 3-2 etc., Chapin earns the #1 seed due to away goals. If B-C wins by 2 or more, they earn the #1 seed.

World Cup
World Cup
From Kyle in the girls forum:

REGION 4-3A TIE-BREAKING STEPS

Step 1. Region Point System
The following point value will be used in assigning points for a win within the region:
1st Place.............6 points
2nd Place.............5 points
3rd Place.............4 points
4th Place.............3 points
5th Place.............2 points
6th Place.............1 point

If two teams are tied for a region position, each team will be acknowledged as that particular seed when the point system is used. (Example - if 2 teams are tied for 3rd place, any win against either team would be assigned 3rd place points.)

Step 2. High School League System

The following point system will be used if teams are still tied:

A WIN FROM A
4A school with a non-losing record = 5 points
4A school with a losing record = 4 points
3A school with a non-losing record = 4 points
3A school with a losing record = 3 points
2A school with a non-losing record = 3 points
2A school with a losing record = 2 points
1A school with a non-losing record = 2 points
1A school with a losing record = 1 point

IF TIED, THE WINNER WILL BE*
1. The team whose opponents have lost the fewest games.
2. The team whose opponents have won the most games.
3. The team whose opponents have scored the fewest points at the end of regulation play (all games).

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Why not just play a simple championship/tiebreaker if the teams are tied? I think that would be a little more fair...

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
"Keep in mind, our boys don't grow up in a rich soccer community with nice fields and year round club soccer."

I don't seem to get how that has anything to do with the forwards having the ball at their feet? Nonetheless, can't wait to come out and watch these two good teams play tonight, should be a great battle!

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
I am astounded at this tie-breaking system. Using classification to break ties undermines the entire system. Basically a team that beats Wren High School wins the tiebreaker over a team that beats Greenville High School. No wonder 1A teams have such a hard time making a competitive schedule with such barriers to entry!

Robert Hartnett Lincoln High School--McClellanville, SC
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
B-C (11-9-2, 6-1) will host Chapin (12-6, 7-0) Friday night at The Cage in a match that will decide the Region 4-3A Championship.

The Eagles claimed a 1-0 overtime decision vs. Brookland-Cayce on March 27. That loss is the Bearcats' only blemish in region play and a win vs. CHS would give B-C a share of the region title.

Should Brookland-Cayce defeat Chapin by the score of 1-0, then a coin toss would decide the top seed from Region 4-3A for the playoffs due to both teams winning 1-0 at home.

However, if B-C wins by one goal and Chapin scores, then the Eagles would automatically be deemed as the top seed by virtue of scoring an away goal.

The only way Brookland-Cayce can claim the region's top seed outright is to defeat Chapin by two or more goals.

P
bench
bench
P
Great battle by both teams tonight at the cage. Chapin being the better disciplined team scored the only goal at about the 70th minute and sealed up the region championship undefeated in region play. Congrats to chapin and good look to both programs in the postseason!

M
brace
brace
M
Congrats Chapin. Well done!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
The point I was trying to make was that kids in our area don't get the quality coaching at an early age as those in communities that invest in nice facilities. As a parent who helped coach teams in the local rec league, I know the type coaching some of the kids get. Now that the Congaree Rapid is growing, perhaps we'll see improved skills in the kids that come to BC and Airport.

Great game at The Cage tonight. Too bad the wrong team won. LOL Here's hoping for a rematch in the Lower State Championship.

I find the comment earlier about the "better discplined team" winning kinda ironic because they sure didn't handle themselves too well when they scored.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
bcdad those kids could definitely play at CUFC if they are committed to soccer, bc it is the premier club in the midlands and offers good facilties and coaching to help develop kids, kind of sounds like i'm a spokesman, i'm not i'm just saying that it would help develop talent at bc, and what did chapin do when they scored?

P
bench
bench
P
Chapin celebrated like any team would do in a huge rivalry with a region championship on the line...no irony there bcsoccerdad.

F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
true but baseball has always been the main sport in cayce/west columbia and its a big committment to drive to the other side of town for practice/games in the CUFC. Parents who would do that for their kids to play soccer would just as well move to that side of town.

They were running around holding their shirts up and making gestures (non obscene)to the BC students and parents. The BC students were ragging them hard but they went a tad overboard. It was a great game to watch amd as usual, the refs were inconsistent. Still, Chapin won straight up and should be congratulated.

F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
I agree with you PalmettoSoccer21. All I'm saying is that if my son was out there acting like some of the Chapin players, I would say something to him. It was an intense game and they had every right to celebrate and be excited. Some, like in college and pros, tend to go overboard. I guess I'm old school when I wish players would hug each other and high five, not run around taunting the opposing teams fans. Sorry. I wouldn't like it if BC players did it either. Once again, Chapin won in a great game and should go far in the playoffs.

R
throw in
throw in
R
BCSoccerdad,

You said:

"Parents who would do that for their kids to play soccer would just as well move to that side of town."

WHAT???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many parents in the Cayce/West Columbia
area have kids playing at CUFC, and I don't think any of them have "seriously" considered moving to "that side of town" because their kids play soccer over there!

World Cup
World Cup
Congratulations to Chapin on winning the Region IV-AAA boys title. Good luck in the playoffs.

B
bench
bench
B
Chapin players were being egged on by BC fans the entire game ~ just a normal response to a big goal in a big game!! Congrats to The Eagles for winning the region championship in THE CAGE!!

C
bench
bench
C
BCSOCCERDAD, this game was HUGE for us and we deserved to celebrate after the goal. And for your talk about commitment...on my CUFC club team we had two practices a night. One in Ballentine, the other near Spring Valley High School which was a long drive for us in Chapin.

GO EAGLES!

A
kick off
kick off
A
Chapin played a good game i thought, and deserved to win but the celebrating was a lil over the top but i cant say that if bc had scored two of the goals that they should have with open nets basically that they wouldnt have celebreated that way either so

the myth the man the legend
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Congratulations to Chapin on the victory last night at The Cage. Two good matches between Chapin/B-C this year (1-0 ot & 1-0) with goals being scored in the 85' and 75' marks. In fact, over the past 10 years, B-C and Chapin have played 15 times with the Bearcats holding a slight 8-7 advantage -- 12 of those games have been decided by one goal and six have gone to overtime.

The Eagles (8-0) finished Region 4-3A play by outscoring their league foes 41-0 while the Bearcats (6-2) completed the conference slate by outscoring their region rivals 44-2. Good luck to both squads in the playoffs!

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 04/21/07 07:12 PM.
C
kick off
kick off
C
It was more like 43 goals for chapin just thought i would let you know

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
I was going by what's on the Chapin scoreboard.

http://216.27.84.134/cgi-bin/sicrtsc.pl?...s&Season=07

SWANSEA*, 13-0 W
@ Airport*, 5-0 W
@ Swansea*, 8-0 W
BROOKLAND-CAYCE*, 1-0 ot W
AIRPORT*, 2-0 W
STROM THURMOND*, 8-0 W
@ Strom Thurmond*, 3-0 W
@ Brookland-Cayce*, 1-0 W
------------------------------
TOTALS, 8-0 Record, GF 41-0 GA

C
bench
bench
C
The first ST game was actually 10-0.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
OK. Well, then, 43 is correct. I was just going by what was reported. 10-0 will be noted on the Scoreboard later this evening when it is updated. Thanks!

F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
Thanks for the info. Kyle. I apologize to all the Chapin players and fans because I didn't realize that Chapin had been so dominant over the past 10 years. I guess those two goals against Strom Thurmaond threw me off.

F
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
F
Thanks for the info. Kyle. I apologize to all the Chapin players and fans because I didn't realize that Chapin had been so dominant over the past 10 years. I guess those two goals against Strom Thurmond threw me off.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard