Print Thread
#8095 12/05/02 04:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe this will be the year Wando will play BE. It would be a great soccer game, if not 2 games, one home and one away. I've asked before as a lowcountry soccer fan, and everyone I've asked said the Wando coach won't play BE. Why? They haven't played in a few years, have they? If I'm wrong about why they don't play, please tell me. Get the 2 coaches together and let's see some good, local soccer. It's not fair for the kids or fans.

C
Brace
Brace
C
MP,The reason that wando does not play BE is not the falt of the coaches, it is because wando is in the big 16 of 4A. region 7 and 8 schools ADS have already decided that they will play each other in all sports. That gives wando a full schedule. wando could not drop any of the teams on its schedule to play be. All the coaches in this reigon, including myself would like to play other teams like be, but as of now our hands are tied. they only option would be to play a pre-season match aginst each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach J, help me understand. You state they have to play the other 15 teams (once each? or twice?). How many total games can you play? Are all your games (15 or 30) in your region? How many games does a typical season consist of? Thanks, I really don't know these answers, just like to see that matchup.

Brace
Brace
MUD-
Each team must play the other teams in their Region 2x per year (one home and one away). We are allowed 16 regular season games. In this case it seems that the ADs from two different Regions have agreed on a scheduling similar to that of single Regions- each team plays every other team team in TWO Regions one home and one away. Personally, I feel this is garbage! All coaches should be required to make thier own schedules, with certain restrictions (i.e. boys and girls varsity travel together or Varsity and JV travel togeher, etc). Quit letting football minded ADs make the decsions for our sport. Most of them are not concerned about furthering the sport of soccer so why should they be allowed to make our schedule? They want to coach football, let all other sports go off as easy as possible for them and collect their LARGE stipends for these roles. It's fine that ADs know football best, but this does not qualify them to make competitive schedules in other sports.

Both BE and Wando are able to get competitive tournaments that do not include each other. The only way to get them to play, which I agree would be an unbelievable game and I would pay to see it in person, would be to set a "Charleston Classic Tournamnet". It could include BE, Wando and then a host of rotating teams. Make the tourney has 4, 8 o 12 teams and whatever happens, make sure BE and Wando play! Maybe BE will come to the big tournament already held here in Charleston this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jason, thanks for the reply. You stated BE should play in the charleston tournament. I believe, and may be wrong, that this tournament is put on by Wando, and the coach will not invite BE. That was part of my original post. If that is the case, and I hope it's not, the coach ought to get over it and let the kids and fans enjoy. Again, I hope that is not the case, but a few people have told me that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real question is who would win the game?

Link Copied to Clipboard