Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
cid #81253 03/28/07 12:47 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Very true, Cid. Lots of easy W's, close losses to ranked teams, and long winning streaks only hold so much water with avg competition. See Hanna in 05 and 06. It is a fun ride to the top half of the mountain, though! Good luck

Last edited by M*A*S*H; 03/28/07 12:48 PM.
cid #81254 03/28/07 12:52 PM
corner kick
corner kick
Irvin wrote a nice article for The Herald. He said he didn't know anything about soccer. I guess the match spoke for itself.

Doin' it the hard way...
H
brace
brace
H
what was the jv score.i havnt seen anything on the jv thread.

cid #81256 03/28/07 12:55 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Fort Mill plays 30 players a game?

H
brace
brace
H
i watched them sub 11 in against rh.they still had 11 more to get in before matchs end.the jv have just as many.i think they are getting time for players that will be at the new high school.

world cup
world cup
Couple of corrections from the article. Clover coach was being a little facetious...Fort Mill has 25 on their varsity roster. 17 players saw action. Because Clover is not as deep, and didn't sub, it certainly felt like 30 to her.

Third Fort Mill goal was scored by Nicole Bainbridge, off of a nice assist from Lexi Wilden.

The Herald scribe (a BE alum from Charleston) did a nice job covering the game. Officiating was also probably better than average.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Thanks for sharing the article, Hurst. Sounds like an exciting high school game.

I found it interesting to read in the article that Ashleigh Sheets has committed to play soccer at Clemson. She's only a junior, correct? So I assume that since she has committed to Clemson, that Clemson has committed to her, as well? Do players sign letters of intent this early, or is it just a verbal commitment from both parties? I'm just curious as to how it all works. Also, is it typical for juniors and prospective colleges to have deals set with each other this far in advance? If you're a junior and you don't know where you want to go to college yet or don't know if you want to pursue playing soccer in college, and don't have a deal wrapped up with a college by now, what are your chances if you decide at a later date (say mid-summer or early senior year) that you do want to pursue a college soccer career? It sounds almost like the early bird gets the worm and if you don't hurry up and get situated with a college in your junior year, that you will be out of luck, later. I have been reading and hearing more and more about juniors already knowing where they will be playing soccer in college or having, at least, narrowed it down to a couple choices. Is this the way it's always been, or is this a new trend?

I realize this should probably be on another thread. Feel free to move it or start a new one.

brace
brace
Before the official deadline, commitments are VERBAL—and many coaches are asking for/pushing for verbal commitments earlier and earlier—The danger is that players can (and do) change their minds—Verbal commitments by mid-junior year or spring junior year are common now—

Advantage of committing is that an agreement is made and plans are set—Disadvantage is that IF the player changes her mind, she has missed the recruiting season and can find herself in difficult situations—such as playing a year without any scholarship—

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
world cup
world cup
sbs,

I think p&y nailed it pretty good. I'm not really sure what level of commitment there is between Ashleigh Sheets and Clemson. I assume it is verbal and non-binding. I am glad that we have her at Fort Mill because she certainly is a special player.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
world cup
world cup
Last night's Clover - Fort Mill match was very exciting. Clover played extremely well, given the fact that only 11 girls played and that three of their four defenders were freshmen. They played with much heart and gave their fans a great effort. They should be very proud and hopefully they have some real momentum to build on as they roll toward the state playoffs.

Fort Mill did what they had to do.....3 unanswered goals after going down 0-2. Even after Clover tied the match and sent it into OT, Taylor Parker's through ball to Ashleigh Sheets was right on the money and the Lady Jackets were able to pull out a win.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard