Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#81223 03/27/07 03:28 AM
C
cid Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
C
Anyone want to predict the outcome and score of the Fort Mill/Clover game tomorrow?

Who wins???
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 03/27/07 03:27 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
World Cup
World Cup
Fort Mill by 4

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Fort Mill takes it, with little problems. They should be on cruise control from now to the playoffs...

H
brace
brace
H
played them both.
clover has no chance.clover and lancaster are on about the same level.
ft-mill is better now then they were at the begining of the season.

world cup
world cup

Lancaster is aggressive and fairly athletic but they are nowhere near as good as Clover. Clover has much more skill and they can now put 11 players on the field with fairly high-level club experience. Their center defender, Kelsey Hall, will be playing for Lander this fall. Their center midfielder, Rachel Newmister, is the best player that no one ever heard of in South Carolina. She moved to Clover last year from Maryland and she plays on the Charlotte Soccer Club U-15G Region Premier team. She's also a starter on Clover's girls basketball team....big, physical, very good skills, a real handful. Could also be one of the top goalkeepers in the state, if needed. Clover also has Britta Widenhouse (CESA U-17G Challenge) up top and a half dozen very good freshmen. This team is playing well, 8-1 with one loss away to Airport.

Nice to see a real good game on tap in Region 3. Fort Mill hasn't lost a region game in over three years. I think the last team to beat them was Ridgeview. Everyone is excited about this one....should be a great atmosphere.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
World Cup
Fort Mill by 5

world cup
world cup
Fort Mill has some bumps and bruises, couple of nagging injuries.....lots of tired legs from playing many games in the past two weeks.......

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Lancaster is aggressive and fairly athletic but they are nowhere near as good as Clover. Clover has much more skill and they can now put 11 players on the field with fairly high-level club experience. Their center defender, Kelsey Hall, will be playing for Lander this fall. Their center midfielder, Rachel Newmister, is the best player that no one ever heard of in South Carolina. She moved to Clover last year from Maryland and she plays on the Charlotte Soccer Club U-15G Region Premier team. She's also a starter on Clover's girls basketball team....big, physical, very good skills, a real handful. Could also be one of the top goalkeepers in the state, if needed. Clover also has Britta Widenhouse (CESA U-17G Challenge) up top and a half dozen very good freshmen. This team is playing well, 8-1 with one loss away to Airport.

Nice to see a real good game on tap in Region 3. Fort Mill hasn't lost a region game in over three years. I think the last team to beat them was Ridgeview. Everyone is excited about this one....should be a great atmosphere.

i think you are a little bias because you know most of these girls hurst.they play to slow.we had heard of the girl from maryland.we heared alot about her before we beat them 4-0 in club ball.
if i remember right i think clover beat lancaster 2-1 in league play.according to what side you listen to the score should of been different.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Tonight should represent a lot of what's good about girls sports. Game should be excellent....won't be any 4-5 goal game. Plus, a bunch of the girls from both schools have played Club ball together for years. It will be great to see the parents and to cheer for the girls from both schools to play well.

4-2, Fort Mill.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Tonight should represent a lot of what's good about girls sports. Game should be excellent....won't be any 4-5 goal game. Plus, a bunch of the girls from both schools have played Club ball together for years. It will be great to see the parents and to cheer for the girls from both schools to play well.

4-2, Fort Mill.

i dont think the parents would cheer for the girls to do well on the other team if it means loosing.
big daddy im still hearing that everyone is going to cufc(north carolina)i hear it is a done deal.you got any insight into what is going to happen.

H
brace
brace
H
im going with m*a*s*h and the by 4 in his first post.he is up to 5.if he goes 6 i may take clover and the points.

S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

4-2, Fort Mill.

Is this the same Clover that lost 5-2 to Airport?

I would be amazed (and disappointed) if Fort Mill allows Clover to score any goals. And I would think that Fort Mill easily has an offense equal to that of Airport based on what I've seen.

Unless all of the players at Fort Mill have broken legs, it's hard to imagine this one being less than a 5-0 or 6-0 game.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B

All I know is that I'm told it ain't so......and I accept what I'm told by this person. Just gossip, to the best of my knowledge.

We've known the 9th grade Clover girls since they were little ones....and will cheer for them regardless of tonight's outcome. Britta is a part of our CESA Rock Hill group and we'll be cheering for her to do well also.

My turn to drive the carpool Friday night....so I'll miss the RH game.

H
brace
brace
H
i will be there but since mine will not be playing i will wondering around on the ft mill side and bug all my ft mill friends.im going to throw ice cubes at hurst and therealmcoy.there will not be much of a game for you to miss after the intro.
rock hill and northwestern boys play wed.rh will get to see where they need improvement.they are ranked 14th and alot better than years past.

world cup
world cup

Look forward to seeing you at Bob Jones Stadium on Friday night. Get there early, they stop selling beer at the concession stand by halftime of the varsity game.

As for RH boys, they are having a great year. Northwestern will be a great barometer for them.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Look forward to seeing you at Bob Jones Stadium on Friday night. Get there early, they stop selling beer at the concession stand by halftime of the varsity game.

As for RH boys, they are having a great year. Northwestern will be a great barometer for them.

on your side of the river they sell moonshine not beer.at least that is where we got it when we were young.
i think the rh and nw boys will still be a somewhat wide goal difference.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
In the new Fort Mill they sell contraband wine spritzers...

C
cid Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
C
So that means that everyone thinks that #14 in the state is a bit high for clover?

They really need to have a more challenging out of region schedule don't you think???

World Cup
World Cup
11-0

Fort Mill spikes Clover's water.

world cup
world cup
El cid,

It will be interesting to see how Clover does in the Viking Cup next year. I think they will return nine starters.

cid #81243 03/27/07 07:55 PM
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
We'll all know more after tonight.

Clover is a young team and as their program grows my guess is you'll see the expectations grow with it.

All this talk of 5-6 goal differentials......why is Clover even bothering to show up? Oh yeah....games are played on the field, not the forum. I would be scared to death of this game. Lots of emotion and no one thinks David has a chance.

This is a no win game for Fort Mill. If they win 6 nil everyone will say thats what they were supposed to do. God forbid if the Clover kids don't know they aren't supposed to be competitive and we actually have a good game. The story won't be the CLover is as good as advertised...but that Fort Mill underachieved.

R
throw in
throw in
R
It appears some of you on this thread need to give clover a little more respect "IF" the score I have heard is true.
FM 4 CLOVER 3 OT

Chico Stick,

Maybe Airport is a little better team than you thought because I do believe this is the same "Clover" team that lost to "Airport" 5-2. That was your question, correct?

corner kick
corner kick
FM did not bring their best defensive effort, but you can't take anything away from Clover. They were a spirited bunch. FM's defense looked better against Lex and Wando.

Doin' it the hard way...
World Cup
World Cup
Clover got up for the game and did a great job against one of the state's powerhouses. I'd like to seem them carry this effort through the season. Well done Clover (and FM on the win!).

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Sounds like Clover just earned some respect!!!

LF #81248 03/28/07 08:50 AM
S
coach
coach
S
>>[24/7 Soccer] It appears some of you on this thread need to give clover a little more respect "IF" the score I have heard is true.
FM 4 CLOVER 3 OT<<

Certainly a surprising score. As someone who has argued for Fort Mill being ranked much, much higher, it appears I was wrong and the folks doing the ranking were right -- although I wonder how representative this is regarding Fort Mill's abilities. Congratulations to Clover on an impressive game -- and congratulations to Fort Mill -- a win is a win.

>>Chico Stick,

Maybe Airport is a little better team than you thought because I do believe this is the same "Clover" team that lost to "Airport" 5-2. That was your question, correct? <<

"Stick?" In any case, perhaps Airport is better than Fort Mill. I kind of doubt it; but I guess it could be. Haven't looked in the same league when I've seen them play -- but those could be one-off's.

S
coach
coach
S
>>[Big Daddy] This is a no win game for Fort Mill. If they win 6 nil everyone will say thats what they were supposed to do. God forbid if the Clover kids don't know they aren't supposed to be competitive and we actually have a good game. The story won't be the CLover is as good as advertised...but that Fort Mill underachieved. <<

Welcome back to the land of higher rankings.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

It appears some of you on this thread need to give clover a little more respect "IF" the score I have heard is true.
FM 4 CLOVER 3 OT

Chico Stick,

Maybe Airport is a little better team than you thought because I do believe this is the same "Clover" team that lost to "Airport" 5-2. That was your question, correct?

it never was about not respecting clover.i think ft-mills goal total was pretty much what was expected.from watching both of them play the 3 goals ft-mill gave up to them is what was unexpected.i think the hardest ft-mill fan would tell you that.good job by clover and it is good to see someone give ft-mill some trouble in this region.i still say ft-mill is a 4 goal better team and clover is young and not yet in ft-mills league.that is no disrespect to clover.

world cup
world cup
From this morning's Rock Hill Herald:

http://www.heraldonline.com/102/story/14909.html

C
cid Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
C
I don't think it because everyone thinks that Clover isn't any good, I think they don't get alot of respect because they don't play anyone. If they were to play Lex. Wando, Irmo, or anyone else like that, even if they lost like they did last night, they would get more respect. But when your out of region schedule is Lewisville, etc. it hurts that. CLover is a good team that is going to get better, but if they want to be an "elite" team they need a better non-region schedule.

cid #81253 03/28/07 12:47 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Very true, Cid. Lots of easy W's, close losses to ranked teams, and long winning streaks only hold so much water with avg competition. See Hanna in 05 and 06. It is a fun ride to the top half of the mountain, though! Good luck

Last edited by M*A*S*H; 03/28/07 12:48 PM.
cid #81254 03/28/07 12:52 PM
corner kick
corner kick
Irvin wrote a nice article for The Herald. He said he didn't know anything about soccer. I guess the match spoke for itself.

Doin' it the hard way...
H
brace
brace
H
what was the jv score.i havnt seen anything on the jv thread.

cid #81256 03/28/07 12:55 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Fort Mill plays 30 players a game?

H
brace
brace
H
i watched them sub 11 in against rh.they still had 11 more to get in before matchs end.the jv have just as many.i think they are getting time for players that will be at the new high school.

world cup
world cup
Couple of corrections from the article. Clover coach was being a little facetious...Fort Mill has 25 on their varsity roster. 17 players saw action. Because Clover is not as deep, and didn't sub, it certainly felt like 30 to her.

Third Fort Mill goal was scored by Nicole Bainbridge, off of a nice assist from Lexi Wilden.

The Herald scribe (a BE alum from Charleston) did a nice job covering the game. Officiating was also probably better than average.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Thanks for sharing the article, Hurst. Sounds like an exciting high school game.

I found it interesting to read in the article that Ashleigh Sheets has committed to play soccer at Clemson. She's only a junior, correct? So I assume that since she has committed to Clemson, that Clemson has committed to her, as well? Do players sign letters of intent this early, or is it just a verbal commitment from both parties? I'm just curious as to how it all works. Also, is it typical for juniors and prospective colleges to have deals set with each other this far in advance? If you're a junior and you don't know where you want to go to college yet or don't know if you want to pursue playing soccer in college, and don't have a deal wrapped up with a college by now, what are your chances if you decide at a later date (say mid-summer or early senior year) that you do want to pursue a college soccer career? It sounds almost like the early bird gets the worm and if you don't hurry up and get situated with a college in your junior year, that you will be out of luck, later. I have been reading and hearing more and more about juniors already knowing where they will be playing soccer in college or having, at least, narrowed it down to a couple choices. Is this the way it's always been, or is this a new trend?

I realize this should probably be on another thread. Feel free to move it or start a new one.

brace
brace
Before the official deadline, commitments are VERBAL—and many coaches are asking for/pushing for verbal commitments earlier and earlier—The danger is that players can (and do) change their minds—Verbal commitments by mid-junior year or spring junior year are common now—

Advantage of committing is that an agreement is made and plans are set—Disadvantage is that IF the player changes her mind, she has missed the recruiting season and can find herself in difficult situations—such as playing a year without any scholarship—

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
world cup
world cup
sbs,

I think p&y nailed it pretty good. I'm not really sure what level of commitment there is between Ashleigh Sheets and Clemson. I assume it is verbal and non-binding. I am glad that we have her at Fort Mill because she certainly is a special player.

world cup
world cup
Last night's Clover - Fort Mill match was very exciting. Clover played extremely well, given the fact that only 11 girls played and that three of their four defenders were freshmen. They played with much heart and gave their fans a great effort. They should be very proud and hopefully they have some real momentum to build on as they roll toward the state playoffs.

Fort Mill did what they had to do.....3 unanswered goals after going down 0-2. Even after Clover tied the match and sent it into OT, Taylor Parker's through ball to Ashleigh Sheets was right on the money and the Lady Jackets were able to pull out a win.

H
brace
brace
H
any predictions on friday hurst.13-0 at half.you want the over or under.

corner kick
corner kick
40-
You ought to know by now that Coach Finnerty won't let them go beyond 9 in any game. The reserves will play most of it. I predict 8-0.

Doin' it the hard way...
H
brace
brace
H
he is good about that.it didnt stop clover.we did have 3 own goals for them so they only scored 10.five own goals in the last two games and about 8 for the year.we may lead that catagory.

Last edited by soccer40; 03/29/07 03:13 AM.
world cup
world cup

Did you get older? Celebrate two birthday's yesterday?

Did you get a sponsorship deal with that club down in Greenville?

H
brace
brace
H
i havnt changed the age in a few years.it wouldnt let me just change numbers.someone already had it.you know what i think about cesa.i know someone that will be glad to get back there.the frustration is mounting.
i couldnt come up with anything else.maybe bearcat42.not this week.

Last edited by cesa42; 03/29/07 08:30 PM.
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Did you get older? Celebrate two birthday's yesterday?

Did you get a sponsorship deal with that club down in Greenville?

im just wondering when im going to talk you into wearing red

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard