Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Crabb #81291 03/29/07 11:38 PM
goal
OP Offline
goal
L-E dude I agree with you it seemed like around the 60th minute or maybe even before that the US paniced and just hit long balls. And yes Simek did play well.

Mapp has alot of skill but he needs to make a little better desicions, if you recal when he bet like 2 guys i think and had it down on the left attacking corner he could have hit a cross right away but tried to get by one more. He then had another chance at a cross on his right foot but opted out of that one too. Eventually he just knocked the ball past the goal like trying to do too much. He will learn.

Bottom line, the foward position is up for grabs (like most of the spots) if anyone starts to score and create alot of chances (besides Donovan) they have a starting place. That includes the guys on the bench.

Another note, felt a little bad for Twellmen not getting to play, he may not be the best but he is really easy to pull for.

I hate floppers
bench
bench
i don't think guat's style of play deserves any real commendation. they did what any team playing for a tie does and that's pack 10 guys back in the box. we saw that all night. the only real opportunities they had arose when they played a long ball over the top to ruiz. it was very frustrating to see the US continually try to push through the middle when clearly they were getting better opportunities from taking it up the wing and playing crosses into the box.

i really liked mapp's play. he seemed to be one of the few playing with pride and passion on the pitch. yes, he did make some errors but i really feel like those are due solely to inexperience. i can't wait to see how this team develops and moves on from this.

i was also really excited to see the kid from milwaukee get a cap. there was a great article in sports illustrated on him a while back. when i find the link ill post it up here for those who haven't seen it

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
goal
OP Offline
goal
Guatemala's play of packing it in is almost identical to what the US did in the first 2 WC games

I hate floppers
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Playing Guat. in a match that had meaning US wins 5 of 6. We will see in the Gold Cup. It was smart "vision" coaching.
1)Donavon after an amazing game gets pushed forward where he hates to play. Making room for the young guns in the central mid.
2) Donavan has made it known he may stay with Galaxy all summer. Not wanting to miss the Beckham deal-e-o. So he has made himself into a big question mark.
3) The squad will be split up in June-July when The Gold Cup and Copa America start.
4) the Euro based players will be available for the Gold Cup in which is the look we had with Semic/Beas/Demp.
A lot on that man's plate for sure.

Last edited by Coach Tim; 04/02/07 11:27 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard