Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#81402 03/29/07 01:45 AM
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
I wonder why south carolina is the only state that goes into extra time after a tie and I want to know what youll think about this subject? I personally am not always in favor of it because of the different things that could happen in the two 5 minute periods and pk's, more injuries, cards, etc.

kick off
kick off
i agree with the current system. Ties would further complicate determining a region champion

Goal
Goal
Ties are part of the game. We're a 3rd World Country when it comes to soccer. Might as well do away with goals, assists and corner kicks while we're at it!

50th for a reason!
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
if teams were tied at points and if they split games why not just use the goal differential or have a playoff game?

kick off
kick off
what if the playoff game comes as a tie, eventually extra time and PK's will be needed so why not just do it the first time aroung

corner kick
corner kick
drogbablues21, I agree with you and I think most schools would also be in favor. There's no issue on regular season games and most schools already use that system for their tournaments. If the region games are an issue, you could continue do those the same way...But when you already have over 50% of the teams going to region playoffs (Region VII will only have 1 team that doesn't go), it doesn't really matter.

Has any school made a formal recommendation to change the rule?

goal
goal
I love overtime

I hate floppers
corner kick
corner kick
For those that love overtime, you could play two 30 minute half's with two 10 minute overtimes at the end of each

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
most people only love overtime because of getting to score more goals during the shootout

but if at team has played hard for 80 minutes and down a man or two it'd be very difficult for them to overcome that advantage even longer

M
throw in
throw in
M
Before I write this, I want to say that I am completely for changing the way the professional and semi-pro leagues are run to match that of the rest of the world.

The United States may be different from other countries in the way that we have standings, determine outcomes, etc., but think about this. In high school sports in this country, especially in the playoffs, the crowd and the players show up to determine a winner on that night. I don't think that after years and years of this method, many people would be keen to change the playoff system to have a replay (like the FA Cup) at the opponent (who has a worse seed)'s stadium. If you changed the way we end games in high school soccer, you would have to completely re-do the entire way that soccer is played in this state and at the high school level I do not think that that is a good idea at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard