Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#81447 03/29/07 02:45 AM
A
ALLSTAR Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
A
How do people think #1 in Scisa will do against #1 in 4A?

kick off
kick off
i havent seen Pinewood play or even heard much about them, but i would expect NW to win by at least 2

H
throw in
throw in
H
it will be won by 1 goal either side

T
throw in
throw in
T
I'll say NW by 2 as well. too much firepower.

S
throw in
throw in
S
PP 1
NW 0

kick off
kick off
sidenet, tell me exactly how you believe PP will shut out NW (most likely the best offense in the state); im not saying they have no chance, but if PP is to win, i say they need AT LEAST 3 goals

M
throw in
throw in
M
relax, sidenet is obviously joking.

K
corner kick
corner kick
K
Prediction:
NW 4
PP 0

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.--James Joyce I don't care about history...cuz that's not where I wanna be--Joey Ramone
T
bench
bench
T
I am going to say that NW wins 4-1.

Y
throw in
throw in
Y
I say Pinewood surprises them in pks. just for fun.

G
throw in
throw in
G
Pinewood 4
N-Western 2

Pinewood is just starting to find the net and their goal scorers.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
you guys are giving pinewood prep way to much credit. They aren't that good at all.

Nw 5
pp 1

Hey stinks
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Northwestern 6
Pinewood 1

world cup
world cup
Common opponents to date?

Fort Mill, Spring Valley?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
goal
goal
B
Fort Mill, Northwestern 2-1 in overtime, Pinewood 2-0.
Spring Valley, Northwestern 3-1, Pinewood 0-1.

I'll agree, Northwestern is the favorite, but unless something drastic happens, I don't see a 2 or 3 goal spread. As for the 6-1, wow, that's out there right now.

So who has the pressure? Is the pressure greater on Pinewood to prove themselves, or Northwestern to not fall on their swords?

As for the tree, following Hurst's line of thought, common opponents? If I recall it's Wando that's in your heart, and a common opponent would be BE.

goal kick
goal kick
NW 3 PP 1

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
Brace
Brace
I predict taht Pinewood will do well against NW. I'm thinking 3-2 NW though just on their firepower. I have a question though, are teams playing NW straight up or packing it in?

K
corner kick
corner kick
K
With the exception of Fort Mill (who doesn't get scored on much by anybody) NW has not had any trouble scoring. In 14 games NW has only given up 10 goals. Considering that every SCHSL team PP plays scores on them I expect NW to score plenty and give up one or none. I think 4-0 was being conservative, 6-1 would not surprise me. Pinewood's best games came in the preseason when SCISA teams seem to typically outperform High School League teams for some reason.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.--James Joyce I don't care about history...cuz that's not where I wanna be--Joey Ramone
T
kick off
kick off
T
Im with Kick_Ball i say Northwesten wins with ease Enzo is just to much to stop not to mention Kropp playing.
Northwestern 4
Pinewood 1

Last edited by Tommy234; 03/29/07 05:37 PM.
T
throw in
throw in
T
YOSHI... No pks in Palmetto cup.

B
goal
goal
B
Kickman,

At least you have provided evidence of some kind of rationalization with your post. And I'm not intending to get into a long debate about it, because I think it will be a great match to watch.

However, in Pinewood's 13 matches, they've given up 10 goals. Yes all to SCHSL teams, but they've also shut out SCHSL teams, Fort Mill, and James Island, and Hoover, the public HS from AL.

I have to admit, I only really "know" the younger players.

Yes, Enzo and Kropp will be a test for the Pinewood defense, but there are a couple that routinely see Enzo during the club season. I believe that the midfield will be hotly contested between the two. I don't know how Coach Wren plays at Northwestern, so I don't really know how to match the midfielders, but the Pinewood midfield should match up very well with them. There was some early talk of the Northwestern defense being suspect, but obviously, only giving up 10 goals, they appear to be solid, so it's hard to say how the Pinewood offense will do against that.

All in all, the makings of a close match. But in the end, that's why they play the game.

goal kick
goal kick
You always have to look out for the Bear lurking in the woods.

kick off
kick off
PP-3
NW-2

Oh..we gonna bring it this year
corner kick
corner kick
I don't think Sidenet is kidding...

..PP in an upset with Sidenet's #s

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

With the exception of Fort Mill (who doesn't get scored on much by anybody) NW has not had any trouble scoring. In 14 games NW has only given up 10 goals. Considering that every SCHSL team PP plays scores on them I expect NW to score plenty and give up one or none. I think 4-0 was being conservative, 6-1 would not surprise me. Pinewood's best games came in the preseason when SCISA teams seem to typically outperform High School League teams for some reason.

SV - 2
FM - 0

PP - 2
FM - 0

NW - 2
FM - 1

SA - 1
FM - 0

Northwestern is the only "Top Ten" Team that FM has scored on.....But, they do have a Good Defense against Region III Teams

M
throw in
throw in
M
Is that a shot at NW's D? Well let's look at offenses then shall we?

Northwestern
vs. Dorman- 4 goals
vs. Irmo- 6 goals
vs. Dutch Fork- 5 goals
vs. SV- 3 goals

...All top ten 4A schools

Pinewood
vs. SV- 0 goals
vs. Summerville- 0 goals

Everyone else on their schedule is mediocre at the very best (except FM, and both teams scored 2 goals on them).

corner kick
corner kick
MANU,

How could you even think that was a shot at NW's Defense

Kickman's quote was ".........With the exception of Fort Mill (who doesn't get scored on much by anybody)
translation: "Nobody scores on FM"

I was pointing out that FM was shutout by every top team that it played EXCEPT the mighty offense of the NW Trojans

"TopTen" - 7
Fort Mill - 1

Now back to the prognasticating:
My guess is that PP will score 0 goals on the mighty NW Defense...
...and win in PKs...

OhhhNoooo, What if I'm wrong???

M
throw in
throw in
M
nothing dude its just a prediction. i'm just justifying my side of it.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
So Pinewood did not score any goals against Summerville?
What was that score?

B
goal
goal
B
Nope.
Summerville 1, Pinewood 0.

Why?
Does that somehow have relevance to this discussion?
Are you trying to compare the Summerville attack to Northwestern?
Or are you just trying to continue to highlight the Summerville win to somehow either justify the other 4 losses, or just tired of reading many others high opinion of Pinewood, with no mention of Summerville?

Last edited by Bear; 03/30/07 01:53 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

You always have to look out for the Bear lurking in the woods.

There is an old saying,"DON'T POKE THE BEAR". I knew he was out there.
Bear-Good Luck tonight and next week.

goal kick
goal kick
Bear-

I hope you beat everyone next week to help our RPI rating. I want to attach all your wins to us. So in my head our 3-1 loss to B E became a wash because you beat them. If you beat them tonight we are one up on them so we can do no worse than a split when we actually play them again in 2 weeks. And you thought there was not a lot going on up here didn't you?

I probably have to say I am kidding, so I am not told that there are no RPI points.

Brace
Brace
Quote:

Nope.
Summerville 1, Pinewood 0.

Why?
Does that somehow have relevance to this discussion?
Are you trying to compare the Summerville attack to Northwestern?
Or are you just trying to continue to highlight the Summerville win to somehow either justify the other 4 losses, or just tired of reading many others high opinion of Pinewood, with no mention of Summerville?

Are all the players at Pinewood zone for public school at Summerville and Fort D?

H
throw in
throw in
H
yea mostly Summerville but a few would go to Fort D

B
goal
goal
B
Sweepit,

Thanks. Looking forward to some good matches. Tough week ahead for Pinewood.

G
throw in
throw in
G
Sweepit - Any last thoughts? Pinewood should have their roster intact for the tournament. Should be a great match.

goal kick
goal kick
Pinewood relies on those exchange kids. Giuseppe Sweeto (has to be from Italy, he has been shaving since 5th grade), Swiss Cheese Spearman (too obvious), Carlos Grover (The Professor,has to be English with that proper look about him), and the Hitchcock kid is from another planet.
Other than that I have no thoughts.

throw in
throw in
at the half 2-2. Pinewood scores in the first minute. Enzo then scores two the second of which being a one time volley off a free kick from mid field. Pinewood answers in less than a minute when number 13 dribbled most of northwesterns team.

coach
coach
Those obnoxious NW fans need to get cranked up and pull out a win for their team.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Looks like lexington's gonna be in for some fun. 6 goals wow. I am just glad SCISA was put in its place. They dont belong with the big boys in 4A.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
i thought my prediction for this game was not even close? 6-2 seems pretty close to 6-1... but if any of you were at the game i was on the front row of the bleachers on the northwestern side heckling the terrible refs...

goal kick
goal kick
how did anyone doubt that northwestern would come close to loosing to pinewood
4A against SCISA way more athletes and playmakers at a 4A school pinewood isnt close to that level lexington nw onf riday should make for a great matchup

corner kick
corner kick
That-a-Way MB....gotta keep up the image

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
You know it

B
goal
goal
B
Small field.
Very physical.
Inconsistent refs.
Some embelishment.
Great plays by some, Enzo's second goal in particular.
Northwestern had the better of the play, but Pinewood hung in there for about 60 minutes.

All that happened during the game, the one thing that sticks out most clearly, was the particularly thuggish play by one of the Northwestern players. On the ground, on his back, kicks a player running by in the groin. Naturally refs didn't see this straight red offense. Has no place in HS soccer.

Good luck to Northwestern.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I agree Bear and thought the same thing of the incident. PP's first goal was very questionable. Also the goal that was taken back from Northwesterns quick restart was also in question.

B
goal
goal
B
You were closer to all of those than I was.

Can't say I really disagree on the first Pinewood goal, just from seeing the body's flying. It would not have surprised me at all for that goal not to have been counted.

On the NW goal that got called back, the only thing that made since from the signaling was someone was off side. I honestly couldn't tell you, but that at least appeared to be a possibility. Given an indirect kick was awarded, it could have been a dangerous play of some kind also. Don't know.

I don't really agree that the ball was intentionally passed back though. Looked more to me like the defender was poking it for all he could to clear it away, and the keeper was able to catch it.

Regardless of these, NW was definitely the harder working and better team today, and will be a tough out for anyone in Group D.

J
world cup
world cup
J
The call was indeed offsides after the quick restart. (If he was..I can't say..didn't really see it, but..that was the call)

Aside from what the proper call was or should have been.. I thought that moment was the epitome of the mindset at NW right now.

I think it was pretty evident as Bear said that PW had no intentions of being a breeze, but NW just kept pushing the ball up into the 18. At one point they had 6 corners to PW's 0. It was inevitable that they would score (PW's poor clearance in the back didn't help). But already up 3-2 - NW opts for a quick restart when they have an indirect inside the box.

They are just all about scoring. No doubt about it.

My last comments are that..yes..Enzo is amazing. Anyone can see that, but he was getting some great service. I can't recall specific numbers, but the mids were playing some excellent balls for him to run onto.

Also, I was very disappointed in PW's defensive play. For such an experienced team they seemed frantic in their 18..every corner was a heart-attack, etc.

Last edited by Jack Rozier; 04/05/07 04:24 AM.
B
goal
goal
B
Jack,

You weren't alone in the concern for the defensive play by Pinewood. As if the corners weren't enough, no one counted the number of throws that went into the box, but they also were heart attacks.

Hopefully the boys will rebound and play better the rest of the way.

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
how did NW's D hold up against the pinewood attack all nigh

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
M
throw in
throw in
M
i didn't see the game but obviously pretty good since it seems like PP was on the defense the whole time. from what i hear PP was just off on the attack and couldn't get anything goin

ooo fancy
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
They were pretty good. PP' second goal was poor defending and a brillant job by ben riedmeyer(sp.?). Overall I think the Northwestern defense played well, more so in the second half. As for the quick restart. From my position, I did not see how Enzo could have been offside. He was behind the line when the ball was sent through on the restart but it may have been my view. Oh and Jack, was that you under the booth in that repellent clemson shirt?

Last edited by Mike Bassett; 04/05/07 05:24 PM.
J
world cup
world cup
J
Like I said earlier.. I can't refute or support the call. I can say for a fact though..that that is what the call was (people were thinking a foul occured/etc)

My .02 on the NW defense. Aside from Ben's run (a very impressive run at that) the defense was pretty solid. No nonsense very smart play as a unit in the back. The vast majority of PP's defensive "clears" were headers..directly into the wind. NW's defense positioned themselves such that they could handle the ball in a more stable and progressive manner. Though..that may have a lot to do with the pressure from attackers on either side. Regardless..NW's defense was very strong.

And yes..that was me. I had to flaunt my crowning achievement in soccer..an Intramural Championship t-shirt

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Ill be at the Northwestern vs CBA match tonight if anyone is attending. After this, a thursday night in five points will do me just right.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard