Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
N
The Clemson Area Soccer Club (CASC) and Anderson Soccer Academy (ASA) Board of Directors have unanimously voted to merge the two clubs. Our goal is to provide our youth with structured, progressive, and challenging training that will enable boys and girls to enjoy and achieve their potential in the great game of soccer.
During the week of April 9-13, we are conducting a series of three "town hall" meetings to provide information about the merger. Specific locations, dates, and times are listed below.
Sandy Springs (CASC fields): Monday April 9 @ 6:00pm
Gignilliat Park (Seneca): Tuesday April 10 @ 6:00pm
Anderson Civic Center (fields): Thursday April 12 @ 6:00pm
We will announce details about the club structure, tryout schedule, team camp, and club fees at these meetings. It’s a busy time of the year with many potential conflicts, so you are welcome to attend any of the three scheduled meetings. You do not need to be a current CASC or ASA family member to attend these meetings.
For more and current information, visit the ASA or CASC websites at www.andersonsoccer.com or www.clemsonareasoccerclub.org

corner kick
corner kick
Is this do to the falling numbers of players in each club? Or is this for financial reasons?

J
throw in
throw in
J
Wake up York County!

S
coach
coach
S
Idle question: approximately how far apart are the fields of CASC and ASA?

corner kick
corner kick
The clubs are merging, not for falling numbers, but for the opposite reasons. The Anderson Club has grown by 2-3 team each of its last 2 season's. I can not speak for the Clemson club, but think their numbers have been pretty consistant. The two clubs compete against each other every year for players. The towns are only 15-20 minutes apart with the fields only being 10-15 minutes apart. The Clemson Club primarly has been stronger in the boys divisions and the ASA club the same with the girls. They are merging mainly, becuase it makes since. And hopefully they can put better competitive teams together, and allow more age appropriate teams. Having a child that has to play up two age groups to play competive soccer is not fun for the child or the parents. It should be a good marriage. I know they have some very good players, coaches, and trainers. This may keep some of the future Challenge/Premier players from leaving and going to CESA. At least the Challenge level players.

That there is an RV Clark......
U
bench
bench
U
Should USA and CFC do the same. Both clubs are splitting the same kids. The fields are only 5 minutes apart. Would this make these clubs able to field more challenge teams or a premier team.

G
throw in
throw in
G
Does USA or CFC have Challenge or Premier teams?

U
bench
bench
U
CFC fields challenge teams but not at every age level. I think this is due to lack of numbers. i think CFC and USA lose players to CESA every year because of this. I know of some players that jumped ship from both clubs because CESA fields higher level teams. If these clubs merged it would give them the player pool to build on. Just an Idea.

N
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
N
Quote:

CFC fields challenge teams but not at every age level. I think this is due to lack of numbers. i think CFC and USA lose players to CESA every year because of this. I know of some players that jumped ship from both clubs because CESA fields higher level teams. If these clubs merged it would give them the player pool to build on. Just an Idea.

Exactly one of the reasons why ASA and CASC decided to merge (along with others). ASA's most successful girls team lost their best players to CESA (2 on 93Premier, 2 on 92Premier, 3 on 91Challenge). I can only see good coming from a merger of small, close clubs: better players, retention of players, shared facilities, control of escalating costs.

U
bench
bench
U
i would be real interested to know what others in the Spartanburg area think about this. My daughter is torn right now on which way to go. She plays '95 and is at a crossroads with the different clubs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard