Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
coach
coach
S
>>[Giggs] Does USA or CFC have Challenge or Premier teams?<<

Pretty much the only clubs that have had Premier teams in the last few years have been CESA, Bridge, and CUFC with the exception of a few one-off teams from DSC, MPSC, and LCSC.

If I remember correctly, USA has primarily classic teams. CFC has and does field challenge teams.

B
throw in
throw in
B
I would suggest talking to the parents of other players who have made the move to get their perspective.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Yes I believe that the "clubs" would benefit from holding on to players longer, but is it really a benefit to that top player individually.

My experience has been that the longer a player waits before coming to the premier level team the less likely they are to make that team. I have seen numerous players come to tryouts hoping to make the premier level team end up on the Challenge or Classic and in several instances I believe that had they trained at CESA earlier they would likely be at the premier level.

For example, all year my daugters U-10 team has played the Furman U-11 team. They killed us the first few times. We were lucky to even get the ball on the offensive side of the field. We played them last week very evenly and won 2-1. It is a combination that brings about the advancement; coaching, training, and competition.

O
bench
bench
O
Just curious, has USA ever fielded a Challenge team? I know CFC has challenge teams every year and on several occassions I've noticed that their teams advance past the first round of the state playoffs.

goal
goal
If both of those clubs merged they would have some of the nicest facilities in the upstate, CFC just recently built new fields. One thing holding both clubs back is numbers as stated before. Both clubs are also competing with AYSO for the rec players.

Joe Siatkowski Mauldin Soccer I fear no evil
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard