Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I just wanted to make a quick comment about what has been said. I agree with all of the previous comments and I wish there was a way to establish who the best players in AAA are. Unfortunately goals are the easiest way, but it is a very biased way to judge. Obviously Coach P, the young lady from Marlboro County would probably be your MVP, which is an amazing honor in itself. It is so hard to judge what makes a player "the best in AAA" or ladies soccer in general. As nice as it is to consider everyone a defender when the team does not have the ball. The only person that gets "scored on" is the goalie. When the whole team is on offense, unfortunately the only person to score is the last one to touch it. So many teams, for example NW, FM, and Clover(4A of course), have some of their strongest players on defense (Tiana, Rachel, and Kelsey) undoubtedly three of the top players in girls soccer. They have all proven that they can play offense and stand out with the best of them, but they will have to fight for the attention of the forwards because of their "position".

Last edited by anonymousjoe; 04/08/07 02:06 PM.
C
goal
goal
C
I also find that people tend to want stats to compare and there are a lot of players on the field that will never acquire any stats. Several of Chapin's best players will never score a goal in a game and the forwards would also have a hard time scoring if the backs didn't feed them balls. It really is a team effort. LIke Chico I have seen forwards score at will almost in the HS games against weak teams but can't get the ball past the 50 in HS games against tough teams or in club games. But this is a common problem in all sports as parents want to compare their children against another child. Instead of comparing the child against themselves. Noting good ever comes from comparing children to eachother...

Here I go again!
C
Coach
Coach
C
...and sometimes the most effective thing forwards can do is to draw defenders and open up a path for the strike from midfield...sometimes misdirection is an underappreciated talent.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
goal
goal
C
Agree completely. We played a team where the coach placed his best defenders on their best forward. She didn't score but her drawing our best defenders left us open for the attack from another player.

Here I go again!
goal kick
goal kick
If any of you get a chance, West Florence is playing Spring Valley at Spring on the 16th. There is a freshman named Alexandria Jackson that is going to be one to watch...

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Ah yes, AJ.

Great player, good speed, unselfish, great ball skills... and she has been a thorn in our side for years as a member of the Flame (vs ASA Bulldogs/Renegades).
Look forward to monitoring her progress over the next few years.

goal kick
goal kick
She has done an amazing job with West. Most of the Flames girls are playing either JV or Varsity. We plan to be a HUGE thorn to everyone in the next couple of years

Last edited by tiredsoccermom; 04/09/07 02:51 PM.
A
kick off
kick off
A
Casi Jones and Courtney Shumpert both from airport. Both very good at getting past defenders and creating 1v1 situation with goalies also brittany hulcomb one of the best goalies in the state

the myth the man the legend
C
throw in
throw in
C
Casi Jones was "wicked" playing U-17/18 club in the fall of her 8th and 9th grade years for one of the LCSC teams. I coached against her at the Classic Level with AKSC and ASA (Anderson teams). Did she play on a different team this past fall? She was so small you would not assume how dangerous she was, but with the ball she was almost unstoppable. Great touch, footwork, change of pace, and very unselfish!

R
throw in
throw in
R
Coach R

Both Casi and Courtney played for the CUFC U-17 Elite team this past fall, along side MANY EXCELLENT players from the Midlands area.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard