Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Jack Rozier #82023 04/24/07 10:45 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Jack, I almost punched my computer screen when I read the Wynalda comment! He is a pompous...well...we know.

I love how welsh judges Gulati and calls him "extremely indecisive" based on one move. Nothing like having a career spanning years summed up by one decision. What irks me a little more is how you blast him for not getting Klinsmann, then say that Bradley deserves the job. Which is it? Klinsmann or Bradley. Do you not applaud the safety valve he installed so that in case Bradley failed, he could have shot #2 at Jurgen? Hypocritical is what that's called.

My favorite is the impact his decision has on soccer. The ripple effect was halarious, personally. I specifically remember hearing 8 and 9 year olds all across America quitting because "If Sunil can't bring in a high named international coach, what is the point of even playing soccer?" As well, I'm told, all U.S. internationals immediately quit training until a coach was hired becuase "If we don't have a coach, what's the point in playing? All hope is lost..."

Can you feel the ripple?

Coach Young #82024 04/25/07 12:57 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
Seriously, I actually like Eric Wynalda.. kind of like how people can't help looking at wreckage.

My thoughts on the situation are:

..yeah..it's kind of embarrassing, I guess. I would rather us have a guy in there asap, but more so I'd rather us get the right guy.

That being said, I agree with Papa Young..this isn't killing the development of US soccer by any means.

Lastly, news flash: People still don't take us seriously..they may know we won't roll over now, but I doubt anyone is shaking in the panties at the thought of Landon Donovan or Pablo.

Whoever the coach is..he better develop players like Kenny Cooper and Gooch and get us more like them!

I don't really know a whole lot about this..so this is about as much as you'll get me to say. From here..I'm back to criticizing others. Cheers!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard