Page 1 of 2 1 2
#82118 04/08/07 01:32 PM
A
ALLSTAR Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
A
Is dorman the better team? any recap on the game?

S
bench
bench
S
NW beat Dorman earlier in the year 4-0. Several key players on both sides were missing for that game. This time both sides had near their full compliment. Dorman was missing their senior team captain and NW was missing one of their key defensive backs.

The game was hard fought and intense with quite a few yellows on both sides. Both teams received penalty kicks in the box from questionable calls which led to goals. Tied at 3 all in the last 10 minutes Dorman's mid-fielder fired an upper 90 from just outside the 18 to finish the scoring.

S
Brace
Brace
S
I can honestly say that I am shocked by this outcome. I did not see this game but I have seen both teams play. I may be a bit biased since I am an NHS Alumni (considering the fact that when I attended, the girls probably could have beaten the boys) but I think after a game like this, NHS will roll through the rest of the season and playoffs. Dorman may have just been lucky or NHS had a bad day, but you can't keep this NHS team down, way too powerful all around.

world cup
world cup
soccer2103,

I remember the days when your NW girls would put a pretty good beating on Fort Mill, twice a year. That was a nice team '99 - '02.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Is it me or is Andrew Autenzio a very underrated player?

S
bench
bench
S
Andrew can't finish.....He is a great athlete and can take on most backs but cant finish in the end.

S
throw in
throw in
S
no if anything he is overrated....yes i know he is a good player for dorman because the whole team revolves around him, but if you have seen him play club he brings their very talented team down because he is a ball hog gets shut down when playing against good college prospects, their team i believe lost to danny cates club team this year in state

M
throw in
throw in
M
i don't think he is overrated, you don't hear much talk about him on these boards. i was at the dorman-sv game this weekend, and he played a very unselfish soccer game. his touch was on the money, he played very smart balls, clever little flicks. dorman's second goal (which was one of the most beautiful plays i have seen all year) started from his creativity at midfield. he's a great player.

C
bench
bench
C
I wouldn't go as far as to say Autenzio is overrated. I have had the opportunity to see Andrew play at the club and high school level and the only negative aspect of his game is that he may be a bit inconsistent. I am not sure that anyone can comment that he cannot finish because he has had over 10 goals every season in the league and has done nothing but accumulate more goals in each season there after. He seems to be a great, junior, go to guy that is really important on a team like Dorman, that sometimes lacks leadership.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Munited i dont know how you could say Autenzio is unselfish. He does not pass. If the kid knew when to pass he would be unreal. But he is definetly not overated

Hey stinks
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard