Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
coach
coach
S
realmccoy: I'm still trying to figure out what I could possibly be "right" about in M*A*S*H's note -- I figure with all of the words I post that I finally got lucky!

S
coach
coach
S
M*A*S*H: Hey...in this thread I'm definitely outnumbered -- and in any thread I'm definitely out-thought by others.

Of course, by talking about Enzo, Alex, and other York County and surrounding area players -- I earn extra "non-geographic karma" points that I hopefully can cash in telekinetically to help Lexington in the future...

Besides, I posted Lexington's entire roster in another thread -- that probably uses up all my "non-geographic karma" points and puts me back into karma debt.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
P&Y.....what you describe in how girls respond to "enzo types" is new to me.....can you explain a bit? I haven't seen what you describe....

Hurst's computer is out of commision so I'll carry the ball for him a little. Lord help me...

Going forward with your skill and weak team analogy....I guess that is the opposite of what Hurst was questioning. Forget the 9-0 games.....its a 0-0 game with 10 minutes left and you have R3PL forwards or mids going against solid, but most definetly not R3PL defenders and mids.....how does that skill showcase itself? And why do so many of the games still end 0-0?

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Chico,

I can't shake the feeling that the intent behind this thread has been misunderstood. Of course there are amazing players on the girls end of things!!! Alex is a part of our CESA RH group and my son routinely gets the chance to be taken off the ball by her!!!

But amongst our 10 or so York County kids....we have 2 that kind of standout for the purposes of this thread. Ricky G. plays for '92 CESA Premier.....and Alex, who plays for '91 CESA Premier.

Alex is a better player. She's more physical, works harder, better defensively, sees the field well, passes creatively when attacking, simply when holding. She is a an outstanding player.

But Ricky......man, that kid can dance!!! He is just wonderful to watch with the ball. Holds too long....usually holds too much. But he is simply a fabulous player with the ball on his foot and very difficult to defend when he's facing the goal.

Hurst's intent on this thread....I think, was to ask where these types of players are on the girls side? This isn't questioning the talent or aptitude of the girls....probably no bigger or vocal supporter of girls soccer in this area than Hurst. But Ricky and Alex bring different gifts to the game.

brace
brace
Girls shun this behavior—Guys confront it and deep down want to be LIKE that—

Not just in soccer—common within the normal paterns of adolescent life—

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
H
brace
brace
H
big daddy,
that explains hurst being so quite.i thought he was sick.almost took an act of god hold him down.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
I'm back! Had to bring the IT guy up here to handle a "firewall issue" on my new computer (I think they are on to me).

p&y and Chico,

You have seen some of the top players in SC in very high level games (R3PL), I haven't. I believe you that these girls shine in 1v1 and 1v2 opportunities at that level. Perhaps it is because they have the confidence to take on these quality defenders without fear of losing the ball, knowing that they have 10 other very capable teammates behind them that can win the ball back.

Perhaps in HS they are a little gun shy because if they lose it, they have to run back and win it back themselves (eg. Alex Ramsey - RH, Tiana Tallant - NW).

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
P&Y....girls shun what behaviour?

H
brace
brace
H
have we talked about the difference in the speed of the game.i think that contributes to the difference in the boys and girls game.
sorry if it has been talked about but i have not read every post from start to finish

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Speed and explosiveness is very important, but it is also relative. The quality defenders should also have very good speed.

We need a young lady who can dance! A little "Latin flair" with the ball.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard