Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
World Cup
World Cup
They're going to have to work hard to get that .6 of the ball past the line. Where did you find that information?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
http://www.sceoc.com/PDF/AllRatingsPovertyIndex04.htm

I don't know how hard it would be to get a .6 with the knowledge of refs these days.

Last edited by ALLAN; 04/13/07 12:37 PM.
S
bench
bench
S
Bluffton 4 Stall 0

brace
brace
I have the poverty index for all schools in an XLS file—contact me if you want it an i'll email as an attachment

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
S
coach
coach
S
>>[ALLAN] Since 1995 Swansea's poverty index has doubled. From 2000-2005 Swansea folks paid the highest property taxes in the state-very surprising is it not. I make a six figure salary, have a nice home, and live in Swansea and have paid dearly to live here.<<

I'm confused -- I thought it was a known fact that raising taxes automatically increases the affluence of any area.

P.S. If it's any consolation, my taxes on property in Gilbert have doubled in the last few years.

M*A*S*H: I would think that the Gilbert area is going to show a high standard deviation with respect to the poverty index -- a lot of Lake Murray lake front property is in the Gilbert school district.

B
bench
bench
B
Seneca 4
BHP 3

The game was just as close as it sounds. In the first half Seneca had the wind and controlled play getting up 4-0 at the half. But in the second half they couldn't get the ball out of the zone and BHP hit a couple well placed shots. The last goal coming with 5 minutes remaining to make the end of the game quite exciting for all those who attended. I think BHP has improved quite a bit since the earlier match this season and will be a much tougher team next year since they have NO SENIORS!!! I'm glad we don't have to see them again anytime soon because it became a very physical and aggressive match.

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Barnwell 6
Pelion 0

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Chico,
Grasshopper, you are so easily confused. Known facts? Are you educated? I am starting to think you know nothing at all. If you own no land, you owe no property tax. No house-even less (renting a mobile home). MMM...Higher Taxes would that encourage you to move to Swansea? I have a sister in Lexington with a bigger, nicer house paying less taxes. Where would you move to? Swansea with a mobile home next door or a lexington white picket fense neighorhood. I.E.-Corridor of shame: we were a very poor district (and still are) the parents have foot the bill to have great operating facitilites. One of my younger buddies in swansea-a swansea grad.-lives here and is a multi-millionaire. And by the way, a schools poverty index is based on the number of students on free and reduced lunch! No standard of deviation here! And Gilbert does not have their own school district, like Swansea, it is all Lexington 1-Big tax base difference.

Last edited by ALLAN; 04/13/07 01:32 PM.
world cup
world cup
Isn't it convenient for Gilbert kids to play club ball in Lexington?

A few years a go, my son's best friend moved from a nice lakefront house in the Fort Mill School District, to a newly-constructed 3,500+ square foot house in Gilbert. I take it they are the exception, rather than the norm?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
coach
coach
S
ALLAN: I have absolutely no education and am very easily confused! However, the standard of deviation would revolve around the fact that there are very, very affluent areas of the areas that Gilbert pulls from (e.g., Lake Murray communities) and very, very less affluent areas.) Thus the need for assistance, which tends to be heavily correlated with income, would be very low in areas with $1M+ homes and very high in areas with mobile homes.

Hurst66: If they're on Lake Murray, then they're probably the norm; otherwise they'd probably be the exception -- Gilbert tends to be pretty rural.

Regarding the Lexington question, LCSC (the Lexington select club) can best be thought of as a collection of teams held together by a loose organizational entity known as a "club." The two Lexington recreation clubs are separate. Lexington doesn't tend to "pull" players in the numbers that some other clubs do. As I've noted in other, club-related threads, Lexington is one of the greatest relatively untapped resource in terms of youth soccer around.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard