Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Coach
Coach
C
No insult to Wando's attitude at all...as I've stated before, they've always been an impressively sportsmanlike team. I just think Stratford deserves a "good job" for playing that close to a great team...credit where credit is due. As for expecting Wando to "walk all over" us, that's never my expectation. I've never seen or heard anything unsportsmanlike or derogatory directed at me or my team from anyone on the Wando team or staff, and I've publicly complimented them (and will, here, again) on being a class act. Sometimes supporters, though, seem to expect a blood-letting. All I'm saying is, let's balance the equation by giving as much credit to the team who stepped up as we give criticism to the team who may have played down.

I've got good news and bad news...
kick off
kick off
I attended the Wando Stratford game. The Stratford team should be comended for a hard fought and very gutty performance. The progression of this team over the past 3 years has been far and above the rest of the high school teams in the area. Congratulations to the Stratford Lady Nights staff for a job well done.

Friday Nights game was shakey at the start for Wando with a few defensive lapses and what appeared to be an underestimation of the speed of the Stratford players. There was a collision early on in the first half between the Wando keeper and a Stratford forward. From where I was seated it looked to be a clean play as the Wando keeper and the Stratford Forward met at the ball almost simultaneously at full speed. The collision was very hard resulting in a bloody nose for the Wando keeper and what appeared to be a fairly severe contusion under the eye of the Stratford player (stiches required I am sure). Wando's keeper returned to the game after receiving medical care and a change of jerseys. Wando took control of the game offensively with some nice passing and possession but was unable to tally in the first half. The second half was more of the same with the Stratford keeper making some exceptional saves, She played a great game and should be comended as she held tight to each shot not giving up rebound opportunities. Wando finally stuffed one in the net off an initial shot by Mia Sprowles not sure if it was deflected in or not.

Wando did not play poorly IMHO, as they created many scoring opportunities. While the finishing was not clinical you have to give high praise to the Stratford keeper and her defensive teammates. Good luck to Stratford with the remainder of their season.

I will appologize in advance for any gramatical errors as I am obviously not a literary scholar. So go easy on me Coach Chass!!! LOL

ROSS!!! For no reason!
World Cup
World Cup
T.L. Hanna 5
AAA #9 Stephens County 1

C
Coach
Coach
C
MRoss, nice writeup...I'm not grading this one on mechanics! Looking forward to seeing Stratford again next Tuesday!

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard