Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#82602 04/10/07 02:25 PM
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Im just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are after this very interesting week of soccer. With the Palmetto Cup and other spring break tournaments over what are everyone’s thoughts on where we all go from here. Any predictions, any new ideas, anyone’s mind change on teams... lets here it

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
Brace
Brace
parity

Rick Fielden
C
kick off
kick off
C
as far as im concerned Northwestern is still in the driver's seat. Their loss to Dorman can be compared to what happened to Roma today only not as extreme. THey will bounce back. Besides their anchor on defense was in europe for the Palmetto Cup. and as far as christian brothers goes they are from tennessee so they are not a concern. however everything in 4A is alot closer now than everyone previously thought. apparently dorman can pull an upset here and there. dont sleep on em

throw in
throw in
well NW and Lex both lost...i think they just beat each other up so bad that they couldnt compete the next day...great game by the way...cant wait for the rematch

goal kick
goal kick
i think its wide open and the northwestern will proably come from upperstate and the leading candidates for lowerstate would be dutch fork or wando maybe sv if they play to potential

kick off
kick off
It's going to come down between Lexington and Northwestern in the upperstate. I think Dutch Fork has the lowerstate this year. Wando is good but they can't seem to win the big games.

97% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
J
throw in
throw in
J
Upper State Final Lexington vs. Northwestern- If Friday at the Palmetto Cup is a preview, its going to be a great showdown. The difference is Enzo. Northwestern will be beat up by the time they get to the state championship.

Lower State Final Wando vs. Dutch Fork- I'm not sure how well prepared Wando will be. Dutch Fork will prevail because they are loaded with seniors.

Final
Northwestern vs. Dutch Fork- I think Dutch Fork might want it more although NW has the better talent. NW has a freshman keeper that is not use to playing in big games which is the difference.

State Champion
Dutch Fork

Last edited by Julius Caesar II; 04/11/07 01:11 PM.

Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste death but once.
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Yes Caesar, these will be great match ups in the playoffs however neither one of these games will be for the Upperstate of Lowerstate Final. Looking at the possible seeding, if both Lexington and Northwestern win their region which looks very likely they will actually play each other in the third round. This could be a potential scare for either team because whoever wins the third round showdown between the two will still have to play another game before the state championship to someone who is maybe not as talented but very hungry and motivated. Whoever wins the third round game between Lexington and Northwestern better be careful not to overlook the team they will face in the Upperstate Championship such as Dorman, Mauldin, or Irmo.

Dutch Fork vs Wando also presents the same scenario only earlier. Due to splitting games with Spring Valley, it looks like Dutch Fork will finish second in the region by the tie breaker. This means they will have to travel to Wando in the second round. So once again whoever wins that game will have to not overlook the fact they will still have two games to play before the state championship.

My thoughts on 4A after this past week come down to that it will be a great and exiciting finish with several teams have the chance to contend for a State Championship and as of right now it seems to me Dutch Fork may be the hottest team in the state right now. If they can maintain this high level of play and not peak to early they are my favorite in the Lowerstate. In the Upperstate I still am leaning torwards Northwestern as a favorite but several other teams have a shot.

B
throw in
throw in
B
What is the tie breaker for region 5? It seems that with a split between DF and SV that DF has a 1 goal advantage in goal differential.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Lex/NW and Wando/DF are the likely matchups for Upper/Lower State games...

But I'm gonna say that at least 1 of those teams won't make it there...

Watch out for a sleeper team...Dorman, Irmo usually seems to find another gear around late April, S. Aiken, SV...anyone else with a sleeper pick?

Last edited by Bad Influence; 04/12/07 12:54 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard