Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Goal
Goal
I don't believe you can count Irmo to challenge for much this year. I saw them for the first time this year last night against Daniel and they are incredibly average. Nothing like any of the teams they've fielded in the past. Daniel won in overtime, but their midfield (especially #5), just dominated the game. Irmo had no offensive punch whatsoever.

I checked their record and saw that Irmo had lost six games this year. They lost a good many last year, too. Has the well finally dried up for the Yellow Jackets? They were on top of high school soccer for 2 1/2 decades so how are they dealing with mediocrity?

50th for a reason!
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Irmo is experiencing the demographics shift, with the majority of higher level players living in the Dutch Fork, Chapin , Lexington HS districts. (much discussed last year)

All in all Irmo is still a young good team. Not at the Irmo standards of the past but still a solid squad.

You see this in other Midland areas as well....i.e

Dreher, BC, Airport, AC Flora.

Growth in the area is pushing the "players" outward... Not long ago RNE had a strong program, now they are lucky to have subs at the games. Spring valley has become the recipient of this. Ridge View has been hurt by Blythewood and so on.

It would not surprise me if Chapin becomes 4A in the near future, or if White Knoll becomes more competitive.

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
The things is if both Lex and NW win their regions then they will NOT play in the upperstate championship they would meet in the 3rd round!

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
brace
brace
Irmo always seems to play good ball in the playoffs, but I don't think that they will reach upperstate.

Speaking of growing areas, if I am correct Riverside will be a 4A school next year (they basically are now). That will change the upstate landscape a bit.

With regards to NW and Lex, they need to be careful because as good as they are, they are not unbeatable and if they spend too much time looking forward to their rematch, they could fall as there are other teams out there that are very capable of beating them. Given the way the brackets look now, either one of those teams could be meeting Dorman in the second round and Dorman has already beaten both teams.

Last edited by CornerFlag; 04/12/07 02:24 PM.
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
You are very right CornerFlag NW and Lex must be careful and play every game!

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
brace
brace
With regards to my previous post about Riverside being 4A, I think that I had the year wrong. I believe that they will jump in the 08-09 school year.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
the tie breaker is some goofy out of region points things. head to head goal differential seems to make much more sense.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard