OP Offline
bench
dday will score the winning against lexington tonight
just like it was 1944 in normandy.

T
bench
bench
T
Sorry but you were wrong. Rocketshot prevented that.

bench
OP Offline
bench
It was proven last night that the Ltown Wk games are the highlight of the year
Dday was held in check and the Wildcats proved that they are the number one team in the state. So watch out NorthWestern Lexington are on the prowl

M
throw in
throw in
M
right, didn't northwestern beat lexington less than a week ago? they proved nothing by beating white knoll.

Last edited by MUnited; 04/12/07 04:52 AM.
bench
OP Offline
bench
Right MUnited the northwestern team is sickest team in the state. Too bad during the game against Lexington their goals were an own goal, pk, then a real by Croop. But during the game Ltown dominated play except for a few times when inzzo and Alex went threw the defense. When it comes to the playoffs we will see who the better team is, that is if they make it to play Lexington.

T
bench
bench
T
Rocketshot Gorman did not get to play against Northwestern. Remember he is the key to victory against them.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Right MUnited the northwestern team is sickest team in the state. Too bad during the game against Lexington their goals were an own goal, pk, then a real by Croop. But during the game Ltown dominated play except for a few times when inzzo and Alex went threw the defense. When it comes to the playoffs we will see who the better team is, that is if they make it to play Lexington.

Do you really have gray hair?

97% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
You are out of your mind. Enzo made Maki whom is one of the top players in the state looks terrible. As far as I know who has the #1 beside their name and a ring on their finger from last year??? I think Northwestern knows how to handle success and will be there..that is if Lexington doesn't underachieve.

kick off
kick off
I know they sure handled it against Dorman. Neither of the two teams are unbeatable. That ring you speak of is up in the air.

T
bench
bench
T
Quote:

You are out of your mind. Enzo made Maki whom is one of the top players in the state looks terrible. As far as I know who has the #1 beside their name and a ring on their finger from last year??? I think Northwestern knows how to handle success and will be there..that is if Lexington doesn't underachieve.

They should of put rocketshot on him.

bench
bench
Who is Roketshot?

'We lost because we didn't win.' - Ronaldo
M
kick off
kick off
M
Rocketshot is Thomas Gorman for lexington. all those posts about Enzo making Jess Maki look like a fool is ridiculous. you all know he is one of the best CM/D out there and is the only kid in the state who can actually hold Enzo down.

S
bench
bench
S
from what i saw at Palmetto Cup I think Sebastian is a lot better than Enzo.....and i have no clue who Jess Maki is so i have no say in that

S
throw in
throw in
S
I agree soccadad... I went to two of Northwesterns games at the palmetto cup and i have seen sebastian play many times...Enzo just didn't look that dominant to me as sebastian is...I know they are both great goal scorers but he looked very lazy to me on the defensive side unlike Sebastian who pressures outside backs into coughing up balls and keeps possesion better..also I didn't think any defender was that fantastic on Lexington and i know of many defenders in the upstate that can shut any forward down

M
kick off
kick off
M
I have heard alot of great things about sebastian but never got the chance to play. Jess Maki is number 17 on Lexington he plays center mid. he is on a scholarship to play at erskin.

goal kick
goal kick
I wouldn't say shut down, but defend... yes. Last year in the quarter finals Lex played NW in one of the best games of the year and Enzo/Maki was the game. Last weeks Palmetto matchup was just as good. (read http://www.thestate.com/197/story/33289.htmln) Enzo and Maki know and respect each other and I believe they look forward to playing each and every meeting. Unfortunately, they probably won't ever play against each other again unless they meet in the playoffs this year. I personally hope it happens because they are a quality show. . If Maki could put on 25-30 pounds in the weight room he could play anywhere. Enzo will be definately playing for money in a few years (if thats what he wants). It will be fun saying we knew him when....

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
M
throw in
throw in
M
graykid, so what enzo's goal took a deflection...were your eyes open for the 5 seconds before that when he turned maki into a statue??? and don't say wait until playoffs to see who the better team is...until then its northwestern because they won. its ok to be a little jealous every now and then.

T
bench
bench
T
To be honest I just think Northwestern is jealous they don't have rocketshot on their team.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Haha, well said.

B
bench
bench
B
thekey2victory is right rocketshot gorman did not play against the northwestern trojains but will bounce back against their team tonight. Who do they play is it North Augusta? I predict 2 goals by rocketshot and 7 in total if the Lexington team comes out prepared.

Last edited by battlefront; 04/13/07 09:39 PM.
throw in
throw in
Thomas "The Rocket Shot" Gorman did have a pretty amazing goal tonight against North Augusta. He was put into an opportunity by a sweet touch from Will Hammond? whoever number 12 is.

Nobody asks to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way.
M
kick off
kick off
M
Im tellin ya the Rocket Shot is amazing. He holds Lexington together.

C
kick off
kick off
C
would you muppets shut up about this rediculous Gorman kid. as far as the favorite goes for winning 4A this year it doesn't matter who the favorite is. in the end the playoffs and seedings are what it comes down to, so all this nonsense talk about favorite to win doesn't hold and weight. Oh yeh, Enzo is the real thing so don't doubt for a minute. Never even heard of this Sebastian kid.

throw in
throw in
hm. i wonder where clemson-trojan goes to school. let me think...

S
throw in
throw in
S
well you must not know that much about their age group then clemson trojan...sebastian is on the state champion CESA team and Premier league Champion, leading scorer in premier league (yes goals more than Enzo and Preston), Leading goal scorer on #1 ranked Greenville and not sure about state, and before this years high school season was asked to go down to National Team residency in Florida...but was unable to because of some citizenship problems..... i have seen both Enzo and Sebastian play and Sebastian is clearly better

M
throw in
throw in
M
i have also seen them both play and no way is sebastian better. enzo has been playing with the likes of benson, kropp, antinoro, andrew phillips, his brother alex, and holden mcconahey during the past 2 years in high school, all of whom are incredible players, so the wealth has been passed around. he hasn't needed to get the ball every single time and go at the defenders because he has had so much talent around him. if it came down to it, i would pick enzo over sebastian any day.

S
throw in
throw in
S
if i recall greenville had just as many if not more players on all state last year so i think sebastian has just as good of a supporting cast but i mean if stats and professional coaches from the us national team don't prove that sebastian is better than whatever

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

would you muppets shut up about this rediculous Gorman kid. as far as the favorite goes for winning 4A this year it doesn't matter who the favorite is. in the end the playoffs and seedings are what it comes down to, so all this nonsense talk about favorite to win doesn't hold and weight. Oh yeh, Enzo is the real thing so don't doubt for a minute. Never even heard of this Sebastian kid.

whats a muppet?

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
kick off
kick off
Quote:

Quote:

whats a muppet?

Interesting question. But more importantly, does that kid really have gray hair?

goal kick
goal kick
be quiet teamspirt ...i could take you in gears of war

Last edited by ClimaCool®; 04/15/07 01:17 AM.

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Enzo Martinez without question

throw in
throw in
Climacool....you make no sense. you are a goofbag.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
sideline24 u b wrong. cesa and sebastian are not the u-16 state champions, discoveries team featuring enzo, alex, robbie benson & several other northwestern players are the champions and will represent sc in regionals. enzo is on the regional team and has been to national team camp but sebastion is on neither as he does not play odp. enzo was player of the year last year, was sebastian? no doubt sebastian is a great player and i have seen him play many times up close and personal and he is, as gollum would say, tricksie, but i'll take enzo.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

This guy must be psychic, or something...how DID he know these things?

M
throw in
throw in
M
actually thanks for bringing that up.

grayhairedkid, i'm sorry you were saying?

S
kick off
kick off
S
Enzo is good. Sebastian is better. Sebastians team (Gville) is similar to Enzos team (NW), but better. Sebastian has a great supporting cast Sam Kleckley is going to USC and Vance Benson is going to USC, NW has Kropp and others, While Gville has the best Defender in the state Blair Rushing and some other good players like Davis Orders and Manning Rushton. So best team its close but Greenville. And best player its close but its Sebastian. You said Enzo went to National team camp... Then i guess the coaches saw him alot, so how come no offer on the squad? The US national team coach saw Sebastian in Disney tournament and got an offer. You cannot shut sebastian down... You can shut Enzo down. My proof is... as i was passing through Greenville, last club season, i saw DSC who were the state champions play at brushy creek against Cesa 90 Challenge, the score was 0-0 and a kid by the name of Ben Caldwell shut him down, hints the score 0-0. Maybe just an off game, but Ben was the reason for that off game. Sebastian is just too crafty, great with both feet, More quickness, but not more overall speed. Moves that enzo cant dream of doing. Enzo is VERY good but Sebastian a little bit better.

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard
C
kick off
kick off
C
The only way you can tell who is the better player is by seeing who performs better in the big game. If sebastian has a bigger impact in his championship game than enzo does in his Saturday night, you can crown him whatever it is you are trying to crown him. If enzo outperforms him I dont want to hear any excuses. I just want you sebastian supporters to bow out gracefully. "socca papa" you don't know the full story on enzo's nor sebastian's National team situation so you really cant pass judgement on either of them.

G
bench
bench
G
enzo can be shut down. sebastian cannot. my grandma is better than enzo and she doesn't even have any arms or legs.

C
kick off
kick off
C
kids like you make themselves look stupid without anybody even saying anything in response to your ignorant comments

S
kick off
kick off
S
does sebastian play for CESA '90 challenge?

Last edited by soccer19; 05/11/07 02:46 AM.
throw in
throw in
thats what i was thinking

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
How can any of ya'll say that one is better? They are both ridiculously awesome so it hardly matters. Everyone gets shut down sometimes but neither of them do regularly. Sebastian has been shutdown, and just because Enzo got shutdown by Caldwell, who is a great player, doenst mean Sebastian is better. You don't know anything about their national camp situation so is stupid to bring up. Who cares if Sebastian can do moves Enzo only dreams of? If Enzo can't do them just practicing then I doubt Sebastian can do them in game situations against real players so that is all just for show. Sebastian is more of a forward and Enzo can play midfield. Bottom line is ya'll are all biased and both of them are sick. It is too tough of a decision for me to even make without seeing more games from Enzo.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
G
bench
bench
G
Sebastian plays for cesa 90 premier.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Everyone is biased. I have not personally seen Sebastian play so I cannot comment on him. I have seen Enzo and compared to all other players I have seen, Enzo is by FAR the best. I would love to see Sebastian play so I can compare the two. Consider the trouble defenses would have if Enzo and Sebastian both played on the national team. That's scary.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Quote:

You cannot shut sebastian down... You can shut Enzo down. My proof is... as i was passing through Greenville, last club season, i saw DSC who were the state champions play at brushy creek against Cesa 90 Challenge, the score was 0-0 and a kid by the name of Ben Caldwell shut him down, hints the score 0-0. Maybe just an off game, but Ben was the reason for that off game. Sebastian is just too crafty, great with both feet, More quickness, but not more overall speed. Moves that enzo cant dream of doing. Enzo is VERY good but Sebastian a little bit better.

actually it seems sebastian was shut down too in other games.

http://www.hotstat.com/classic/team.cfm?tid=17514

not trying to take anything away from him though, just trying to show pretty much any forward can be shut down

K
bench
bench
K
who ever said enzo was shut down in a 0-0 game but sebastian wasnt is a little dumb, if sebastian wasnt shut down too then he would have scored or at least played a part in a goal for his team, i dont know about sebastian and i'm sure hes great but enzo has scored 93 goals in 2 seasons at NW in his 1st 2 years. who knows how many he'll get by the end of his high school career and im sure he'll get the record if he stays healthy

S
kick off
kick off
S
soccer19: who was the leading goal scorer in the premier league last season? SEBASTIAN. Thank you come again.

S
kick off
kick off
S
dude all i said he was shut down, just like enzo. some other guy said sebastian was better because enzo got shut down one game, so i showed where sebastian was shut down too. Just trying to show him that is a dumb reason because they were both shut out at least once. Read the last sentence in my post.

S
kick off
kick off
S
i dont think you heard me right. Enzo got shut down by a B team. Cesas SECOND team. You never saw those games where sebastian didnt score or assist so you dont know if he was really shut down. And all this about 53 goals or whatever that enzo had is great and all but thats highschool where the majority of the teams they play are just bad. Every premier league game is tough and Sebastian led the league in scoring, got a real national team offer and i know that for a fact. Enzo is good but not better than sebastian. Sebastian is the best

B
throw in
throw in
B
yeah soccapapa1 is right on. Theres no argument here, its clear right now Sebastian is better.

everyone is a lil bias, im realistic.
S
kick off
kick off
S
alright i dont really feel like arguing so
you won

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Okay Sebastian is first in the league. LOOK WHO IS SECOND. Enzo is right behind him with 16 points. He only has two less goals and one more assist. Who is on the worse team? Well CESA is #1 and DSC is #7 with 3 more losses and 3 less wins. Enzo doesn't have nearly as much help, Miguel from CESA has five assists to help out and only one other person from DSC has 5 points. Sounds like Enzo could be better since he is getting nearly as many points without nearly as much help. I'm not saying Enzo is better but they are both ridiculous. Both dominate highschool and both dominate club. Enzo doesn't just rack up crappy goals against no-name highschool teams. He also puts them away against the best teams NW can find to play. So does Sebastian against Eastside and Riverside. Yeah he or they might have been shutdown but that is only the exception to the norm. You can't justify Sebastian being better because he has three more points on a better team or because you've never seen him shutdown in a game.

S
kick off
kick off
S
you cannot say that enzo doesnt have a good of supporting cast... Obviously he does, his team won state, and obviously so does sebastian because his team won premier league. They both are on extremely good teams, and they both are extremely good players. Its a good argument because they are so close in how stats and everything, yet they have two totally different styles of play. Some people like Enzos strong powerful hardknock style that gets the job done. And some people like me enjoy watching how easy sebastian make the game look and how creative and skilled he is. They both are great teamates and great players, and i hope they can both be as successful at the next level. I guess i just got a not so great first impression on enzo as i saw him do nothing in a game a against cesa 90 challenge, but ive seen him other times too and hes good and puts up big numbers. Id take sebastian before enzo but thats just a personal opinion, i just think sebastian is harder to defend

throw in
throw in
Both Sebastian and Enzo can be shut down. When Cesa 90 Challenge played Cesa 90 Premier the score was 0-0 until a key player Ben Caldwell got injured. Sebastian had not had an impact on the game until then. But i do have to say C-bass is nasty and hard to stop but its possible

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME THE PLAYER PLAYS"
bench
bench
Yeah DDrogba9 your right on point. You seem to know alot about these guys.

PC 15
S
kick off
kick off
S
Right on DDrogba9

goal kick
goal kick
IMO the argument is foolish. Two great players and two great kids. They play different styles but both add a spark to their team and create wins. For me, it's like asking me to decide which of my kids do I like best. Why do I have to choose? I pick both!

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
S
kick off
kick off
S
nice. i like the way you put it... theres always the favorite child tho in the family! haha but your right two great kids, great talent, fun to watch...

B
throw in
throw in
B
Shut up SoccaPapa1 you are an idiot!! You gotta choose! taking both is borrrrrrinnnnggggg

K
bench
bench
K
taking both is smart 1. because hes not arguing, 2. if he did argue he wouldn't change anyones minds about who they think is better, 3. they are both fantastic players who are going to go far in there soccer careers and 4. because hes not arguing over something so STUPID as who is a better player, i mean think about it for a second, does it really matter who is better, so why dont you SHUT UP you IDIOT
:by the way you are the most unrealistic person on this website

B
throw in
throw in
B
what do you mean? most unrealistic person?

P
kick off
kick off
P
I don't know anything about Sebastian's club team but I do know Enzo has a pretty good supporting cast. Some guys who get a overlooked are Tyler Vukoder and Andy Barbieri from Fort Mill. They're both extremely talented but not as noticed because FM has experienced a drop-off in talent in many other posistions. Coach Wren also coaches this team, this man knows what he's doing.

S
kick off
kick off
S
yeah ddrogba9 just showed what i was trying to say.

i agree who_me

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I was saying they aren't as good of a supportive cast in premier league compared to Sebastian's. CESA is #1 while DSC is #7. I know both are great teams, but we were just talking about the points they both have in premier league.

P
kick off
kick off
P
wait, how is DSC number 7 if they won state, or are you talking about points?

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Premier League has nothing do with state.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

wait, how is DSC number 7 if they won state, or are you talking about points?

They did win the state championship this year. But premier league is the league for the top two teams from the previous year in each state in the southeast (Florida, Georgia, SC, NC, Alabama, maybe a few others) to play each other. The standings have CESA ranked #1 in the league and DSC #7; http://www.hotstat.com/classic/standings.cfm?DID=2580. The stats for the top five players are right below the standings. These were the points I was talking about; Sebastian and Enzo are 1,2 respectively = ballers.

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
I'm sure this is a first in South Carolina youth soccer. Two players leading the league in scoring (amazing) AND CESA getting the premier league crown at the same time. Great for South Carolina soccer!

If I had to choose between the two I would have to go with Enzo though. Both are top 2 in the state in my opinion. Enzo just does more for the team and works so much more. Both are FANTASTIC players, I would just go with Enzo.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
After watching each in their respective state championship games I would have say say that Enzo was much more impressive. He had the ball so much more than Sebastian and did more with it when he got it. I've never seen them play club soccer so it could be a totally different style.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Enzo is definitely better. Honestly, the kid can do whatever he wants to defenders. He was so unlucky not to score tonight.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I guess if we want to get technical though, the answer to best team with the best player would be Spring Valley with Davis, Eamon, Parker, Zach, Sean, Antoine, Mike...

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Enzo was unlucky tonight but thats the way the cards fell. His mixture of power and sheer skill is quality.

J
throw in
throw in
J
Gun Slangers if ya ask me!!!(Good Evening!!!!)

Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste death but once.
Goal
Goal
You want a Tech 9? I got it! You want a shotty? Got that too! You need a cheap handgun to assault some homey? Got that! Saturday Night Special? In the backseat. How much you got?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard