Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
H
brace
brace
H
we have a big daddy and a happydaddy.with club coming again just call us all broke daddy.

Last edited by cesa42; 05/02/07 01:37 PM.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
To be clear, I don't think recruiting is a bad thing.....and most of what is going on is "soft" recruiting. Mass mailers, personalized invites to tryouts, etc. There are more than a couple of clubs in SC starting to actively do this....it is not a 1 or 2 club thing.

It offers choice to parents and players and thats a good thing.

world cup
world cup
p&y,

I don't think you can say that one super club is the best solution for everyone....even if you feel that club provides services for every level, from premier through rec.

Again, parents and players have different motivations, expectations, resources, etc.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
I think I can, Hurst66, because a Super Club will NOT eliminate other clubs and rec programs that meet the needs of those others.

Now, if a Super Club somehow eliminates all other club and rec opportunities—that would of course be bad. That will not happen.

SC soccer suffers from too much fracture and diluted pools of players. As clubs have consolidated and elite teams formed, I have seen MANY players benefit greatly at all levels of ability and wants/needs of parents.

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
brokedaddy42, are you going to change your handle again?

how is the ankle coming? with hs over now......you know we're practicing tonight, right? your daughter is missed!!!

world cup
world cup
Broke Daddy, Big Daddy and HappyDaddy all need avatars. Can't tell a player without a graphic illustration.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
A super club will benefit the top 10-12 players. Players 13-25 will probably suffer somewhat. Not sure that it matters or impacts kids past player 25.

For a state the size of SC, if competing on a regional basis is important, then this is probably the only way to consistently do so.

brace
brace
I'm sorry—How in the world would a Super Club in SC cause anyone to "suffer"???

Club mergers and an inevitable Super Club would (and has) created a much larger range of opportunities for ALL players along with creating for the first time in SC on any real scale a CHANCE to be regionally and nationally competitive ALONG with being competitive within the state.

With the traditional set up in SC—many small clubs all over the place—the BEST any player has to shoot for is to win state among a pool of teams that are competitive ONLY within the state. THAT hurts players and soccer in general.

world cup
world cup
The Super Club can hurt the competitive balance in the state. Within the state.....bad. Outside the state....good (16 players get a shot at national recognition).

How many 4A girls teams can say they have a legitimate shot at winning the state championship this year? Six, eight? That's exciting.

How many girls U-18 teams have a shot at winning the state cup every year? One? (yawn).

What's good for the goose ain't always good for the gander.

brace
brace
So to avoid being boring, we need to LOWER our goal (to state success ONLY, not regional or national success) in order to create more "exciting" state cups among diluted and mediocre teams?

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard