Next Thread
Print Thread
#83494 04/18/07 02:35 PM
G
bench
OP Offline
bench
G
What are the thoughts for the upcoming game on Friday between MB(11) and Socastee(3)?

GKeeper08 #83495 04/18/07 02:46 PM
B
kick off
kick off
B
Socastee 5 Myrtle beach 2

Not sure what has been going on with Myrtle Beach as of late...losing to NMB and Lincoln and barely slipping by St. James 1-0. Sure to be a good game regardless due to the rivalry, but I think Socastee's attack is too strong.

G
bench
OP Offline
bench
G
I agree MB has hit a rough spot in their season. The NMB loss hurt. Licoln is a good team with strong forwards. Socastee only beat them 6-5. The St.James game was not a close game although the score makes it seem that way. MB controlled the game and had many shots. The St.James keeper had the game of his life. I believe that MB will make adjustments in the defense to cope with the only two or three players that Socastee actually has.

GKeeper08 #83497 04/19/07 12:03 AM
B
kick off
kick off
B
That all may very well be true except...."Socastee's only two or three players." The Socastee team consists of a very strong midfield and foward line. As for the Socastee/Lincoln game...Socastee played much of the second half with 10 players, as well as Lincoln being awarded 2 PKs in the game.

I
kick off
kick off
I
MB's defense is much better prepared this go around.

J
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
J
Good game at Socastee tonight.
Socastee won 2-0. Soc got any early goal off a miscue from MB Defense. MB lost a key player early and played short for 75 mins. Both teams had plenty of chances. Socastee finally made it 2-0 with 5 to go. MB pushed their sweeper forward to equalize and Clarke finished on a pass from Watson.Quetionable ejection for MB.Good play from both Strand teams.Reffing was fair.

F
bench
bench
F
who got tossed and why was it questionable

G
bench
OP Offline
bench
G
Julian Durant was given a red card in the first 6 minutes of the game for a tackle. The referee said that he was the last defender which he was not. Although the tackle was from behind Julian came in contact with the ball. The tackle was a foul and maybe a yellow but a red card was too much and had a huge impact on the game. The ref was terrible and I feel for anyone who has to put up with what MB did during that game. The score remained 1-0 even though MB was down 1 almost the whole game, then the keeper was yellow carded for questioning a pour call by the ref. Then with 3 minutes to go and no back up keeper Justin from Socastee fouled a MB defender repeatedly and there was no call then then Justin crossed and there was a shot on open net with a field player in goal. The referee was absolutely and should never ref another highschool soccer game ever. Socastee is a great team and im not making excuses but the ref did greatly impact the game.

GKeeper08 #83502 04/23/07 02:18 AM
B
kick off
kick off
B
In the refs defense...No doubt playing with 10 players greatly affected the game for Myrtle Beach, however This is a consistently great ref in our area (it's no accident that he is always the center ref at all the "rival" games), I know that some may question the call but they shouldn't. A tackle from behind made on a breakaway is an automatic red regardless. Watch the pros it happens, shouldn't tackle from behind. The problem that people have with this ref is how strict he is...he calls just about everything (strictly according to the rules, he even quotes them during the game). I was shocked when the red came out simply because it was a high school game but rules are rules. It can be said that this ref held his composure throughout the game very well, with the fans and players of both teams on his back... not to mention more fouls were called on socastee then myrtle beach. A lot of respect for Myrtle Beach they showed great heart and hard work throughout the game to keep it very close.

I
kick off
kick off
I
true about the ref. he is highly qualified.

but personally, i would have wished for him to allow the game to flow more smoothly. basically every 50/50 situation a wistle was blown.

still, socastee pulled through and further more, whoever goes, hopefully lowerstate can MAJORLY upset greenville in the state finals.

Link Copied to Clipboard