Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
kick off
kick off
S
The only problem with the information you're looking at is that tournaments and scrimmages don't count towards seeding. Eliminate that information and you might get a different picture of what will happen.

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Please explain your definition of a quality win.

K
kickman Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
K
Where is the info coming from that tournaments don't count? Of course they count. Many of the most competitive games come from tournaments.
For me, quality win is subjective: some guidelines may be--against a team that is ranked in its classification (or has been ranked and is still close), against larger schools with winning records, etc.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.--James Joyce I don't care about history...cuz that's not where I wanna be--Joey Ramone
S
kick off
kick off
S
OK, I'll be a little more specific. Tournaments definitely count as far as making a team better. For seeding, however, only regular season games count. That does not include tournaments or scrimmages unless one of those games is a head to head game and it is deciding a tie breaker. Hope that's a little more clear.

throw in
throw in
No scrimmage information was or is included.
Tournaments were included in the information - but I did not give them as much weight as regular season games in my final conclusion.
Quality wins is very subjective - - - I tried to use two criteria: any win against a ranked AA team, or any win over a AAA or AAAA team with winning record.

ALSO -
I have heard so much about playing a tough schedule (55% winners versus 40% winners) - in my humble opinion - it doesn't matter how tough your schedule is if you don't win any of those games. Bottom line, you have to win no matter who you play. In AA, schedule is predicated by so many uncontrollable factors: other Region teams, travel ability, and willingness of other teams to play you.

MUSTANGS are a Proud Breed! 2008 - This Is Our Year
throw in
throw in
In the sense that the subject was first approached from seeding predictions, I was simply giving my predictions as of Wed., April 25. I gave the information along with to show a little of how I derived at my seedings and to generate other discussion and opinions.

I think we can see that the top half of Upper and Lower remains about the same no matter what information you look at. The 9-16 teams may switch around, but probably no team seeded over 9 will proceed to the second round anyway in my opinion. In AA, the tournament really starts with 2nd Round.

MUSTANGS are a Proud Breed! 2008 - This Is Our Year
K
kickman Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
K
fanman, my question is you seem to think its obvious that tournaments don't count for seeding. This is not obvious to me and I am wondering where you have gotten this information.
soccer07, the quality wins supplement the strength of schedule. Wins + strength of schedule overrule win-loss record.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.--James Joyce I don't care about history...cuz that's not where I wanna be--Joey Ramone
S
Brace
Brace
S
Yeah in AA the tournament really begins in the second round. Still, i dunno about not havin a region 5 team in the final four this year. It can happen just like somebody can catch BE sleeping. But we'll see what happens

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
S
kick off
kick off
S
I agree completely with what you're saying. Strength of schedule is important and often overlooked. But tournaments and scrimmages not being included is not an opinion. The form you fill out that goes to the seeding committee does NOT have anything except your regularly scheduled 16 games (2 additional possible with league approval if not playing a tournament.) The only time tournaments will possibly come up is if it sheds light on head to head games that were played between two teams of the same class where they don't play during the regular season.

S
Brace
Brace
S
So what does this system count as quality wins?

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard