Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
kick off
kick off
S
It's up to the seeding committee to determine what qualifies as a quality win.

K
kickman Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
K
Thank you, I see what you are saying. The form says to list "your 2007 soccer schedule." I assume this means all games, although the 16 blanks clearly make it difficult to include tournaments or the extra games you spoke of.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.--James Joyce I don't care about history...cuz that's not where I wanna be--Joey Ramone
B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Does anyone know who is on the committee this year? I have not seen anything about it yet.

Brace
Brace
Not using tournament results for purposes of seeding has been a SCHSL rule at least since I have been at the Magnet (4 years). There is a topic in this thread for the 1A seeding committee.

Dr. Jason Hamil
Head Boys Soccer Coach
Academic Magnet High School
corner kick
corner kick
What form for the seeding committee are you guys referring to?

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
There is a form on the schsl website that A and AA coaches have to fill out and fax in by 9AM Friday morning. There are 16 spaces for your regular season schedule. You list your opponents and the score each game. The seeding committee looks at each team's sheet and decides who to seed where.

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Here's a wrinkle that affects both 1A and 2A:

GSSM finishes up the season 11 - 4 by squeaking by current #8 in 2A - Buford. Game was decided by PK's after the regulation and OT ended 2 - 2.
PKs: GSSM 5 - Buford 4

3 of the 4 GSSM losses were against ranked teams. The first two against Indian Land, when they were ranked 5th in 1A, (what happened to them?) the other against Buford.

How do you think that influences the seedings?

Coach Cady GSSM
K
kickman Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
K
You definitely made it much tighter. Bamberg's best win is Strom Thurmond who lost twice to unranked 2A Silver Bluff. Bamberg also lost to Strom Thurmond. Governor's best win is Buford, although I think the committee may view that as a tie, along with Aynor, and Hartsville. Marlboro County may be the most solid straight victory. Worst loss for GS is twice to Indian Land, who despite the ranking early on has not lived up to it and will be viewed for what they are now. Bamberg's worst non tournament loss is Edisto who I believe is clearly better than Indian Land. I think the leaning still goes to Bamberg--and it may be important as the semifinal difference is Academic Magnet or Lincoln, and Lincoln has looked vulnerable lately.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.--James Joyce I don't care about history...cuz that's not where I wanna be--Joey Ramone
J
JJ Offline
bench
bench
J
Coach Cady, congrats on the win. I was on the other side of the PK shootout in Hartsville 3 years ago when Buford and GSSM were both the cream of lower state 1A.

It can be argued that IL has gone downhill since the beginning of the season, and that GSSM's losses to them are not as bad.

On the other hand, it also be argued that Buford is playing down right now...especially after the loss at AJ. This would take away from GSSM's win.

It's all in how the seeding committee sees it.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Wow, Lincoln losing 1-11 to Socastee??? They better hope they get their players back or they are def. not making it back to the championship. I see it being AM vs. CC anyway though.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard