Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
kickman Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
K
The brackets are out for A, but it seems like an unbelievable joke. http://www.schsl.org/2006%20Brackets/bso%20a.htm

Bamberg gets the 6 seed and Blackville-Hilda gets the 4 despite the fact that Bamberg beat BH twice, has a better record, and a more quality win. BH has better opponent record, but they never beat any of those opponents.

The only way this can make sense is Bamberg must have missed the deadline--yet they are still seeded, and the penalty for missing the deadline is a fine, not a reduction in standing..

At least the Governor School/Bamberg debate will be decided first round...

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.--James Joyce I don't care about history...cuz that's not where I wanna be--Joey Ramone
K
kickman Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
K
2A is harder to grasp at a glance. First off, Jasper County seems kind of low after beating 9 seed Edisto twice...but I had them low before that. A 5 seed seems kind of high for Hanahan, but I can't argue too much.

Upperstate looks okay.

Overall, 2A makes pretty good sense.

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.--James Joyce I don't care about history...cuz that's not where I wanna be--Joey Ramone
S
Brace
Brace
S
yeah 1a is crazy.............but as for 2a, i think hanahan is too high n either silver bluff or hampton should have been higher than Hanahan, but too bad we (jasper) have a region foe in the first round.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
The 1A lower state may at first appear to be a joke, however, it may also make sense if you understand the reasoning. Here's a little of how it went. GSSM and Bamberg were both considered the 3rd seed, however, that obviously can't happen. With both the GSSM and Bamberg coaches present, GSSM was given the ever so slight edge by perceived strength of schedule (fully debatable - and causing much anquish). This placed Bamberg 4th, which would have them play Blackville - again. Since the real issue was who was third, it was proposed to have GSSM play Bamberg resolving that question. So Bamberg was moved to 6th. Is it pure? No. Does it make sense? At a lot of levels yes, maybe not yours.

Coach Cady GSSM
S
Brace
Brace
S
That makes better sense coach. Thanks for that

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
K
kickman Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
K
If Bamberg and Gov. School both agree, they are the teams most affected. Everyone else should be happy since they basically got higher seeds. Plus, the matchups should be more interesting--Branchville/BH and Governor's School/Bamberg should be better games.

Last edited by kickman; 04/28/07 12:33 AM.

S
Brace
Brace
S
SO............ who's gonna get a first round upset?

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
> Here it is...
>
> #1 AMHS
> #8 Noth
>
> #4 Blackville-Hilda
> #5 Branchville
>
>
> #3 Govenor's School
> #6 Bamberg
>
> #7 Williston-Elko
> #2 Lincoln

Kickoff
Kickoff
That's some poor spelling guardrail!

My thoughts are: AM v. Lincoln in Lower State finals! AM goes through to State!

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
it was copied so I'll be sure and make note to the originator

Lincon is very vunerable unless they've been sand bagging lately

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard