Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#83691 04/20/07 02:21 PM
R
rooney Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
R
any one have any predictions for the 4a seedings?

throw in
throw in
all lexington has to do to win the region is win 2 more games. so yea they will be good.

Nobody asks to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
If season ended today....i.e no prediction as there are still some key games coming up

Upperstate

5/1/2007
R1 #1 Greenwood
R2 #4 Hillcrest

R3 #2 Ft Mill
R4 #3 Irmo

R2 #1 Mauldin
R1 #4 Easley

R4 #2 South Aiken
R3 #3 Rock Hill
R3 #1 Northwestern
R4 #4 White Knoll

R1 #2 TL Hannah
R2 #3 Dorman

R4 #1 Lexington
R3 #4 South Pointe

R2 #2 Spartanburg
R1 #3 Wren

Lowerstate

R5 #1 Spring Valley
R6 #4 Hartsville

R7 #2 Stratford
R8 #3 West Ashley

R6 #1 W Florence
R5 #4 RNE

R8 #2 Beaufort
R7 #3 James Island
R7 #1 Wando
R8 #4 Ft Dorchester

R5 #2 Dutch Fork
R6 #3 Sumter

R8 #1 Summerville
R7 #4 Goose creek

R6 #2 S Florence
R5 #3 Ridge View

brace
brace
My gut says that Dorman will end up the #2 seed in Region 2 (even though I don't know the tie breaker), so I think that Lex could see Dorman in the second round. This might be strecthing things a bit since nothing is final, but that means they would have to beat Dorman, NW, and THEN play for the upper state against another solid team. That's a tough road if there ever was one.

world cup
world cup
Fort Mill vs. Irmo, first round, right out of the box?

Ouch. Tough draw.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Brace
Brace
C
Region 8 will not be decided untill tuesday

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
PLEASE NOTE I SAID

IF !!!

THE SEASON ENDED TODAY

No predictions in my part otehr than SV

There are many key matches and in theory Irmo could jump all the way to number 2. Ditto in other regions.

region 5 is done, and unless my sources are wrong SV wins with a win over RNE (should not be in question). Therefore DF and Wando are in the same collision path as NW and Lex.

corner kick
corner kick
It could be worse...Irmo might have Northwestern in the 1st round...
...Crucial game for Irmo and White Knoll Tonight...Could make a difference in who comes in 3rd or 4th in Region

3rd place vs. FM
4th place vs. NW

Region IV 2nd place (SA) looks like it got the best spot on the top bracket

corner kick
corner kick
I think Dutch Fork takes #1 in Region 5, even with Identical 5-1 records and the split...

DF takes it on SOS and a Shutout against SV

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Sorry Spartan...everyone I talk to says DF will be #2 due to tiebreaker

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I believe SV wins the region due to a point system. I believe the region tie breaker is a point system with wins against 4A schools counting a certain number of points, 3A a certain number and so forth. If thats correct SV will advance because they have more wins against 4A opponents.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Looks to me that the lowerstate final will be played in Spring Valley. They have the easiest path.

The Upperstate final will most likely will be played at Mauldin.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Yeah, the tie-breaker is some whacky out of region points thing. Doesn't make much sense. This sets up a huge second round game between DF and Wando. SV seems to have the easiest path to the lower state championship.

C
bench
bench
C
Irmo beat White Knoll on Friday so most likely they will be playing Fort Mill in the first round unless South Aiken has a few slip ups

P
kick off
kick off
P
How good is South Aiken? Could they be in for a potential upset against Rock Hill? Does anyone see them making it past the 2nd round?

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
What reason would you have for saying the upperstate would most likely be at Mauldin?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Based on the rules if two teams finish with the same region standing then the SCHSL chart determines the home team. This year the Home team is in the upper side of the barckets. Which means if Mauldin makes it throughthe Upperstate is held there as NW or Lex both would have the same region standing.

Brace
Brace
Ft. Mill would rather face S. Aiken (for a little revenge) instead of Irmo in first round but will be ready to play whoever steps off the bus. Both teams will be a very tough first round game.

brace
brace
In looking at the upper state brackets, Region 1 #1 (Greenwood) actually has home field advantage throughout the playoffs, however I don't feel that they have enough to make it to the upper state finals when compared to teams like SA, Irmo, FM, and Mauldin.

Last edited by CornerFlag; 04/23/07 05:24 PM.
P
kick off
kick off
P
Northwestern maybe....?

brace
brace
With respect to the current standings, NW and Lex are in the other half of the Upperstate bracket. Should NW or Lex get to the Upper State Championship, they would be playing on the road if they have to play either Greenwood or Mauldin (both #1 seeds).

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

I believe SV wins the region due to a point system. I believe the region tie breaker is a point system with wins against 4A schools counting a certain number of points, 3A a certain number and so forth. If thats correct SV will advance because they have more wins against 4A opponents.

If SV defeats RN and Dutch Fork defeats Dorman that would be a tie at 11 4A wins...assuming the tie breakers follow the same funky methodology as the ES Rankings....But who Knows???? They might have to go back and check for hanging chad

goal kick
goal kick
cornerflag, do u not think that nw or lex might have to play south aiken in the upperstate championship?

corner kick
corner kick
Good Point WOAH...SA beat Greenwood tonight, so I wouldn't count them out. Also, Ft. Mill has not defeated a single ranked 4A team this year...so I wouldn't be surprised to see Irmo and SA playing in the 3rd Round

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
No guessing SPARTAN... SV got the region trophy tonight... I believe the tie breaker may be non-region record not including tournaments...but I do not know... Just know they got the cup tonight.

throw in
throw in
Does anyone have a prediction on who will win the Girls 4A this year?

brace
brace
Quote:

cornerflag, do u not think that nw or lex might have to play south aiken in the upperstate championship?

It could happen, but what makes you think that it won't be Dorman playing for upper state? I would not count them out.

Last edited by CornerFlag; 04/25/07 11:46 AM.
L
throw in
throw in
L
so what are the playoff pairings looking like now?

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

No guessing SPARTAN... SV got the region trophy tonight... I believe the tie breaker may be non-region record not including tournaments...but I do not know... Just know they got the cup tonight.

FUTBOL, you are right...I forgot about SV wins over Hartsville, Blythewood, Airport and Dreher. BUT, it would be interesting to see how Region V manipulates their data to pick a champion

L
throw in
throw in
L
This is what the playoffs are going to look like. What do yall think now since all of the pairings are set?

R1 #1 Greenwood
R2 #4 Hillcrest

R3 #2 Ft Mill
R4 #3 Irmo

R2 #1 Mauldin
R1 #4 Easley

R4 #2 South Aiken
R3 #3 Rock Hill
R3 #1 Northwestern
R4 #4 White Knoll

R1 #2 TL Hannah
R2 #3 Spartanburg

R4 #1 Lexington
R3 #4 South Pointe

R2 #2 Dorman
R1 #3 Wren

Lowerstate

R5 #1 Spring Valley
R6 #4 Hartsville

R7 #2 Stratford
R8 #3 Fort Dorchester

R6 #1 W Florence
R5 #4 RNE

R8 #2 Summerville
R7 #3 James Island
R7 #1 Wando
R8 #4 West Ashley

R5 #2 Dutch Fork
R6 #3 Sumter

R8 #1 Beaufort
R7 #4 Goose creek

R6 #2 S Florence
R5 #3 Ridge View

2nd Round Upperstate
Greenwood vs Irmo
Mauldin vs South Aiken
Northwestern vs TL Hannah
Lexington vs Dorman

2nd Round Lowerstate
Spring Valley vs Fort Dorchester
West Florence vs Summerville
Wando vs Dutch Fork
Beaufort vs Ridgeview

3rd Round Upperstate
Irmo vs Mauldin
Northwestern vs Lexington

3rd Round Lowerstate
Spring Valley vs Summerville
Dutch Fork vs Beaufort

Upperstate Finals
Northwestern vs Mauldin

Lowerstate Finals
Dutch fork vs Summerville

State Championship
Dutch Fork vs Northwestern

State Champion
Dutch Fork

I think with the way Dutch Fork has been playing lately, nobody can stop them. It will be a great playoff but that is what i think.

C
kick off
kick off
C
The same goes for Northwestern. The thing with Dutch fork is that their two or three weapons can be shut down but it's very hard to shut down an entire arsenal. The arsenal I speak of is the Northwestern attack including the midfield and parts of the defense. Northwestern is now hitting their stride just as Dutch Fork may be. Should be an interesting next couple of weeks.

goal kick
goal kick
I'll say Irmo / Lexington in the upperstate final with a tossup on the outcome, and a DF/SV matchup in the lower. I agree that DF should prevail to the final, but I think the upperstate team wins it.

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
L
throw in
throw in
L
i agree with clemson trojan but i think dutch fork will win. Both teams are peaking so its looking to be a heck of a final if they both make it.

goal kick
goal kick
i agree links. i think df will win if they play

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
As they should. DF is loaded, they have been waiting for this year since that enormous senior class began playing together for the CSC U-12 fushion and some even earlier. If they pull it all together they should be the ones to beat for the State title.

C
Coach Emeritus
Coach Emeritus
C
good picks but it is T L Hanna no h at the end please

Coach Dick Smith
corner kick
corner kick
I think Irmo over Dorman in the Upstate Final

and Dutch Fork over SV in the Lower State

....a playoff game for the Superintendents Cup???

Z
throw in
throw in
Z
beaufort over lexington
11111111111111111111111111000003 to 2, lots of own goals

corner kick
corner kick
zokker_king you need to get that key fixed on your 'puter

....B'fort has enjoyed a pretty good season, though

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Take a look at the bottom half of the upperstate bracket. Dorman, Lexington, and Northwestern all playing for a spot in the UPPERSTATE CHAMPIONSHIP. The top half of upperstate is a breeze compared to the bottom.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I agree Bassett, the bottom half of the upperstate bracket will be a very challenging compared to the top half. I believe both Northwestern and Lexington would come out of the top half if they were positioned there. It will also be a toss up though in the top half of the bracket with Fort Mill, Irmo, South Aiken, and Mauldin all capable of advancing to the Upperstate Championship.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
you all are gonna be suprised

Hey stinks
Goal
Goal
Does RNE have a chance in their bracket?

Victory Starts Here!
corner kick
corner kick
Yes, yes, yes RNE has a chance...but what a strange match-up

RNE (4-11-0)came in 4th in Region V (only 4 teams in the region)

W.Flo undefeated (8-0-0) in Region VI, overall 9-7-0 (Only 2 teams in that region have a winning season)

If you use Sumter as a measuring stick...

RNE defeated Sumter 3-0
W.Flo defeated Sumter 3-0 and 2-0

If RNE brings their "B" game they might make the 2nd round

goal kick
goal kick
yeah RNE can pull it off

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
R
rooney Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
R
RNE would have scored more but the game got called with about 20min left in the game
due to a player from Sumter running into the field and almost hitting one of RNE's player

corner kick
corner kick

Clima....Coool, Thanks for the words of thought...

"I go among you, but I am not one of you"

bench
bench
What do you guys think about Dorman making it to the upperstate game. They have an easy first round game agaisnt Wren, that they should win, but then they most likely have Lex. They thumped Lex early in the year, and i think that will be a good game. If they manage to get past them, then they have NW, which they defeated once this year. They may have a tough road, but i think that they have a chance.

O
bench
bench
O
Depends which Dorman team shows up. They have been VERY inconsistent this season.

M
throw in
throw in
M
It's possible, but Dorman beat Lexington way back in the beginning of March. Since the PC, lexington has been on a tear. Same with Northwestern, Dorman has proven that they can beat both of these teams, but i dont think that it will happen again.

goal kick
goal kick
The first Lexington game with Dorman was not a fun game if you where a wildcat with 7 yellows, 2 reds, and not very good play in general. No excuses it happens.... I think a rematch would be vastly different from the game in March. As for the Dorman vs. Northwestern game in the PC, Dorman caught Northwestern at the best time. NW was just coming off a tough win over Lexington and the tail end of a 4 games in 4 days stretch. I think IF** Dorman gets past Lexington they wouldn't get past NW! Nothing against the Dorman squad!

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Didn't Dorman just get "waxed" by Dutch Fork 7-2. I seriously doubt that they will get past Lexington again but hey you never know the season starts all over today and everyone has the same record.

S
throw in
throw in
S
yes dorman has been streaky throughout the year, but couldn't you say the same about all the other teams...most times northwestern has played a good team for the first time it has been a close match:
L Dutch Fork 1-2, W Daniel 3-1, w spring valley 3-1,
w Fort Mill 2-1 ot, L Christian Brothers 1-2, W Lexington 3-2,
L Dorman 3-4
even though they are pretty hard to beat when playing at their peak I think alot of teams sike themselves out against Northwestern and any of the top 10 have a shot at beating them when they play with the right attitude and style.

Upperstate Final:
Lexington 2-4 Northwestern

Lowerstate Final:
Wando 3-1 Sring Valley

Championship:
Wando 2-1 Northwestern

I think it will be interesting how NW responds to a confident Wando side who can keep possession well and can penetrate NW's back line

brace
brace
Lex-NW cannot happen in Upper State due to the bracket layout.

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

Upperstate Final:
Lexington 2-4 Northwestern

Lowerstate Final:
Wando 3-1 Sring Valley

Championship:
Wando 2-1 Northwestern

I think it will be interesting how NW responds to a confident Wando side who can keep possession well and can penetrate NW's back line

Good pick since Lexington and Northwestern play in the quarterfinals, not the semis (Upperstate final)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard