Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
bench
bench
K
Hurst66-
Want to talk about the unpredictability of girls high school soccer? How about Battery Creek beating Beaufort High 4-1 last night, at Beaufort High. It was the first time in a decade that Beaufort has lost to Battery Creek.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Allan,

Despite the "Barnwell 19" designation--which is named for the county, not the school or city--Blackville-Hilda is a completely separate school district and has no affiliation with Barnwell High School. Believe me, I grew up in Blackville and used to work and coach at there--there is a huge rivalry between Blackville and Barnwell that goes way, way back. I'm really sorry to hear about your injured player--hope she makes a full recovery--but I seriously doubt it was a "favoritism" call on the official's part.

Oh, and I agree--it amazes me that a county the size of Barnwell has three completely separate school districts, while one the size of Berkeley is all consolidated into one.

I've got good news and bad news...
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I understand your point. Officials are horrible in our state. We need to have an evaluation process like baseball-they rank theirs. You know if you have a 2 or 3 behind the plate, its will be good. But at least you know what kind of night you will be in for if you have a 99. Moreover, this year, when officials see one team dominating the game they seem to turn a blind eye to fouls and unfortunately a girl on swanseas team was injured and the Barnwell girls are known for unsportsmanship like behavior. It should have been an automatic red.

brace
brace
Quote:

Moreover, this year, when officials see one team dominating the game they seem to turn a blind eye to fouls and unfortunately a girl on swanseas team was injured and the Barnwell girls are known for unsportsmanship like behavior. It should have been an automatic red.

I think this speculation is closer to the truth than your earlier claim about "homerism." When a dominant team is ahead, refs quit making calls. Very dangerous—especially for the stronger team. I have seen this over and over this season. I suspect this was your situation. Also sorry it happened.

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
H
brace
brace
H
last night mine and a few of the girls on the other team were getting a little rough.ref never would call anything.mine started getting a little rougher and while she was down on the ground another player punched her in the side of the head where everyone could see. the ref never blew his whistle untill mine told him he sucked and he carded her.
the boys played after our game and that was the first time all year.the same refs called a good match and blew the whistle when needed.i think it is not that they are all bad refs but its more that the refs care less about the girls side.

A
throw in
throw in
A
Not from a girls match, but since this relates to refs and all...We were up in a match and pretty much dominating the play. There had been some cards, yellow and one red, given and the losing team kept on hacking at us. I was working the ref about a call and he said, "Coach, if I were you, I'd get my starters out of the match." Kinda scary from a coach's standpoint.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
04/25
In the game carried over from last Thursday due to weather:

AC Flora 2
Dreher 1

gunners04 #84123 04/26/07 01:54 AM
R
goal kick
goal kick
R
South Aiken 2
Aiken 1 Overtime

B
throw in
throw in
B
Irmo 2
North Augusta 0

Irmo looked to be a tired team tonight after the big win last night.

corner kick
corner kick
St Josephs 2
Christ Church 1 in OT

CCES was up 1-0 when St Joes scored the tying goal with 5 minutes left (Another thing that gives coaches ulcers). St Joes used that momentum to tuck another one in with less than a minute left in the first five minute OT period. Well played game from both teams.
Another "quality" loss for CCES that should garner recognition from the seeding committee.

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard