Scott D. Ruggles
Stratford High School
P
bench
bench
P
Dreher-3 Cardinal Newman-2
Dreher up by 1, then CN tied and scored again
Dreher scored to tie and scored 3rd goal in last 4mins or so.

corner kick
corner kick
At Clover:

Fort Mill 5
Clover 3

FM was up 3-0 at half, ahead in shots 8-2. FM scored 2 more in the 1st 8 minutes of the second half, up 5-0. Coach began moving players around, resting some. Clover scores at 61:00. Coach subs more. Clover finishes at 65:00 and 76:00. Clover did not quit or give up. They played the full 80. Good luck to the Lady Blue Eagles in the playoffs!

FM clinches their 4th consecutive region 3AAAA crown.

Doin' it the hard way...
World Cup
World Cup
T.L. Hanna 5
Westside 0

Hanna splits the region title with Wren, but snags the #1 seed based on goals allowed in region. Of course, when you get a top ten team out of region 2 or a top ten team out of region 2, what does it matter?

Westside played with only 1 sub, and soon lost that early in the game to an apparent broken ankle. Another injury later and it seemed the rams played the jackets with 10 for part of the game. With duck tape, some old chewing gum, and a piece of chewed up snickers bar - Roseberry was able to keep it respectable. A #5 seed isn't supposed to keep it close against the #1 with only 10 kids on the field. Morgan Tucker, Taylor Craft, and Robinson x 3 netted for Hanna.

2nd region title in a row for the Yellow Jackets (and the first two ever for the program).

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
I think Roseberry should get the MASH award for this year.

brace
brace
Dorman 2
Spartan High 0

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
C
throw in
throw in
C
Whiskey & Easy is too kind, his Lady Jackets definitely played like region champs tonight. I think there may have been 6 total injuries in the game, 3 for Hanna and 3 for Westside, and it wasn't even a dirty match, just two banged up teams going at it.

This was the first time I have seen the Lady Jackets (almost) healthy and they were MUCH more dangerous than at points when they were missing a string of starters earlier in the year.

Good luck to TL Hanna in the playoffs!!!

D
bench
bench
D
On senior night at Camden:

Camden 3
Newberry 2

Good luck to all the seniors as they prepare for a new chapter in life. Thanks for the memories.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Riverside 2
Eastside 0

corner kick
corner kick
Chapin over DF pk's
0-0 at half
1-1 after regulation/ot

Tomorrow...is too late.
kick off
kick off
At Broome on 4/23/07

Gaffney - 3
Broome - 1

Well played game with Broome jumping on top 1-0 at the beginning of the second half. Gaffney scored off a cornerkick, an assisted goal directly in front of the goal and a questionable goal where a handball should have been called. Refs were great with my only complaint being the handball not being called on Gaffney's goal. But if that was all they missed (and I'm sure Gaffney has other ideas), I'm happy. After all, it's still up to the players to win the games.

World Cup
World Cup
Hanna 4
Pendleton 0

Hanna finishes the regular season 17-4 and sets a school record with 13 shutouts.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
4/24 @ BE in OT
BE 3, Waccamaw 2

brace
brace
Woodruff 8
Easley 0

S
bench
bench
S
Irmo - 1
Lexington - 0

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Stratford 1 (pk's 3-2)
Berkeley 0

Scott D. Ruggles
Stratford High School
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Another close one for the Blythewood Lady Bengals.

At home vs. Airport
Blythewood 0 Airport 1

All credit and congratulations to Airport, but I absolutely have to 'shout out' and applaud my ladies for an outstandingly great game tonight.

Thanks to the ladies their parents and our fans for a great regular season.

Tony King
C
Coach
Coach
C
Thanks to Stratford for a memorable game, and congrats on the win; I have to pat my girls on the back for a great performance against a quality Lady Knights team. They fought this match with all their heart from one end of the field to the other for 80 minutes and overtime, and stayed alive and fighting right down to the final PK. Best of luck to the Lady Knights in the postseason!

I've got good news and bad news...
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Brookland-Cayce 1-0 Northwestern
The Cage @ Cayce, SC

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Marlboro County- 0
Anson N.C.- 4

Worst game we have played in 2 years.

World Cup
World Cup
Wait, wait, wait...I need an Irmo vs. Lexington debriefing.

corner kick
corner kick
from greenvilleonline.com

JL Mann 7
Southside Christian 1

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
world cup
world cup
I thought.......

Lex was going to finish the season strong.
Clover would have a shot at beating Irmo at Irmo.
Airport would give Eastside or Riverside a decent match in the playoffs (Blythewood?)
Dutch Fork would give Wando or Summerville a decent match in the lowerstate playoffs (Chapin?)

I love.........the unpredictability of HS girls soccer!!!!!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Irmo wanted it more. If Lex plays like they did last night they won't get past the 2nd round!!

goal kick
goal kick
I thought Blythewood played a great game and possibly shocked some people

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Varsity Girls
Swansea-3
Barnwell-0
We had a breakaway, no one within 5 yds, a Barnwell player slid into (from behind and inside the 18) our player and took her out, no card, no foul, and my girl has a ACL injury and is out.
By the way the ref works for the Barnwell School district in the math department.
JV Girls
Swansea-2
Barnwell-1

A
bench
bench
A
Anyone know who won between Airport and Blythwood?

goal kick
goal kick
Airport won 1-0

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Allan, I was not at the game, but there is no ref that works for Barnwell School District. In fact, there is no referee that is assigned that even lives in Barnwell. Every ref we get is from Columbia, Aiken, or Lexington, and the only reason they would ever need to come to Barnwell is to referee a game. There is no referee that Dennis assigns that even lives in Barnwell County. We do not get "home town" calls. I am not saying the girls was not fouled, this is the first I am hearing about it. But if there was no call it was not due to the referee being from Barnwell.
I am very sorry to hear about your player however, and I hope she does have a speedy recovery.

C
goal
goal
C
Allan,

Is the player with the ACL, the same player that was "taken" out in the box. Your wording of it makes me think they are different players but the sentence structure implies they are the same. Just curious.

Here I go again!
C
goal
goal
C
Hurst66,

Your implications that because Chapin beat DF means that DF is less than a quality team, hurts to say the least. DF is a very good team and so is Chapin. Chapin has only been blown out in one game, against Irmo. That game was also played during spring break and without our starting keeper. All other game lost have been within 1 or 2 points. I am not telling you that Chapin will be the state champs but they are vastly underrated, which is probably a good position to be in heading into the playoffs.

Irmo is the 4A team that is vastly underrated and I could easily see getting back to the finals and winning.

4A and 3A are really up for grabs by several teams, which is awesome for a sport that has usually seen only the top 1 or 2 teams dominating and fighting at the finals. I can easily see 4-5 different teams winning the 3A and 8-9 teams winning the 4A bracket.

Here I go again!
B
bench
bench
B
West Ashley 4
Colleton County 0

B
bench
bench
B
Despite Pickens best effort on senior night with 8 girls being recognized, Seneca prevailed and won a tight match 2-1. It started getting chippy at the end but hopefully all those involved were seniors and we won't have to face again. I wish them the best of luck in the postseason.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Chapindad,
Yes they are the same, sorry for the sentence structure. As for MC#8, the ref lives in Denmark and is a math teacher, that is factual info. This is the info I got from him after the game.

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Allan, the ref does not work for Barnwell School District. You can go to their home page and look at the faculty list if you'd like.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I just researched it is Barnwell 19- Blackville, still a barnwell school district.

corner kick
corner kick
Everyone gets hosed on calls. It happens every match. If you feel as though it is a gross injustice, you can bring it before the SCHSL and see what they say. There is a grievence process.

Stewie- "Where did you graduate again, university of duhhhh?"
hat-trick
hat-trick
I believe the gentleman you guys are referring to teaches at Blackville-Hilda High School which is in Barnwell District 19. Barnwell High School is in Barnwell District 45.

The school district system in this state has always puzzled and disappointed me. It's amazing that there are 3 separate school districts in a county the size of Barnwell!

R
goal kick
goal kick
R
North Augusta 3
Aiken 2

K
bench
bench
K
Hurst66-
Want to talk about the unpredictability of girls high school soccer? How about Battery Creek beating Beaufort High 4-1 last night, at Beaufort High. It was the first time in a decade that Beaufort has lost to Battery Creek.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Allan,

Despite the "Barnwell 19" designation--which is named for the county, not the school or city--Blackville-Hilda is a completely separate school district and has no affiliation with Barnwell High School. Believe me, I grew up in Blackville and used to work and coach at there--there is a huge rivalry between Blackville and Barnwell that goes way, way back. I'm really sorry to hear about your injured player--hope she makes a full recovery--but I seriously doubt it was a "favoritism" call on the official's part.

Oh, and I agree--it amazes me that a county the size of Barnwell has three completely separate school districts, while one the size of Berkeley is all consolidated into one.

I've got good news and bad news...
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I understand your point. Officials are horrible in our state. We need to have an evaluation process like baseball-they rank theirs. You know if you have a 2 or 3 behind the plate, its will be good. But at least you know what kind of night you will be in for if you have a 99. Moreover, this year, when officials see one team dominating the game they seem to turn a blind eye to fouls and unfortunately a girl on swanseas team was injured and the Barnwell girls are known for unsportsmanship like behavior. It should have been an automatic red.

brace
brace
Quote:

Moreover, this year, when officials see one team dominating the game they seem to turn a blind eye to fouls and unfortunately a girl on swanseas team was injured and the Barnwell girls are known for unsportsmanship like behavior. It should have been an automatic red.

I think this speculation is closer to the truth than your earlier claim about "homerism." When a dominant team is ahead, refs quit making calls. Very dangerous—especially for the stronger team. I have seen this over and over this season. I suspect this was your situation. Also sorry it happened.

H
brace
brace
H
last night mine and a few of the girls on the other team were getting a little rough.ref never would call anything.mine started getting a little rougher and while she was down on the ground another player punched her in the side of the head where everyone could see. the ref never blew his whistle untill mine told him he sucked and he carded her.
the boys played after our game and that was the first time all year.the same refs called a good match and blew the whistle when needed.i think it is not that they are all bad refs but its more that the refs care less about the girls side.

A
throw in
throw in
A
Not from a girls match, but since this relates to refs and all...We were up in a match and pretty much dominating the play. There had been some cards, yellow and one red, given and the losing team kept on hacking at us. I was working the ref about a call and he said, "Coach, if I were you, I'd get my starters out of the match." Kinda scary from a coach's standpoint.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
04/25
In the game carried over from last Thursday due to weather:

AC Flora 2
Dreher 1

gunners04 #84123 04/26/07 01:54 AM
R
goal kick
goal kick
R
South Aiken 2
Aiken 1 Overtime

B
throw in
throw in
B
Irmo 2
North Augusta 0

Irmo looked to be a tired team tonight after the big win last night.

corner kick
corner kick
St Josephs 2
Christ Church 1 in OT

CCES was up 1-0 when St Joes scored the tying goal with 5 minutes left (Another thing that gives coaches ulcers). St Joes used that momentum to tuck another one in with less than a minute left in the first five minute OT period. Well played game from both teams.
Another "quality" loss for CCES that should garner recognition from the seeding committee.

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
corner kick
corner kick
At Northwestern (Lady Trojan Senior Night):

Fort Mill 3
Northwestern 0

The Lady Trojans hustled on defense: shots were 21-2 and score was 1-0 with 5 minutes to play. Lady Jacket fans caught a glimpse of the future: Freshman Sarah Wilson centered the ball for Freshman Abbie McDonald's goal at 34:00. Freshman Taylor Parker extended the lead at 75:00, and Parker led Junior Ashleigh Sheets with a pass for Sheet's final tally. FM has 7 Freshmen on the varsity.

Good luck to Cantona, "T", and the Lady Trojans next week!

Doin' it the hard way...
C
Brace
Brace
C
4-26
Airport 6 Lugoff Elgin 0

C
Brace
Brace
C
4-30
1st round playoffs
Airport 1 Darlington 0 (By forfeit)

Airport plays host to Socastee/Stall winner on May 2nd.

corner kick
corner kick
Dorman over DF (pks)

0-0 after regulation/ot

Dor 4 DF 2 pks

Tomorrow...is too late.
brace
brace
Woodruff 3
Emerald 0

World Cup
World Cup
Nice shut out Coach M!!!

corner kick
corner kick
4/26/2007

Mauldin 3
Greenwood 0

Mauldin and Greenwood meet again Monday in the 1st round of the playoffs.

kick off
kick off
On 4/26/07 @ Broome;

Broome - 1
Greenville Tech Charter - 0

Senior Night for the Lady Centurions. Stephanie Godfrey, Mercedes Herbas, Addie Hutson, Caroline Moss and Brittany Yerkes were all recognized after the game for their contributions to the Lady Centurion soccer program. They will be greatly missed after this season.

During the game Broome had over 20 shots with the majority of those being on goal. For some reason the girls just couldn't find the goal. They finally broke through in the second half on a corner taken by Lauren Hutson that Siobhan Johnson headed in for her first goal of the season. Caroline Moss was hardly bothered the whole game as she didn't have to make any saves.

The refs were great. Plenty of calls that went against both teams but both took the time to explain why the calls were made. Once again, most refs wouldn't take the time to do so, so it was greatly appreciated that they did. Both had great overall attitudes.

The Lady Centurions completed their best season in the history of the program and hope to build on that as they face Pendleton at home in the first round of the playoffs.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard