Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#8430 01/21/03 04:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been off the board a long time...but i got some serious questions to ask.
-------------------------------------------------
[Confused] 1)How can WANDO be any good this year they graduated nearly all starters.
[Eek!] 2) Irmo lost many seniors and their game of depth is now getting shallow...a repeat of defeat? or a brand new year?
[Mad] 3) Why does South Aiken say that they are so good? All I hear is "Watch out for South Aiken, they gonna be da bomb!" or " South Aiken is off the feezy pa cheesy! For real dawg, homie, mac d" They lost players AND even with their good players..they didnt even get anywhere in the playoffs? They didnt even win region...and from the years of soccer i have seen, they have yet to establish a program. So whats the deal?
[Razz] 4)WHO IS SUMTER? or better yet...Where is Sumter
[Big Grin] 5)Why don't any of the REALLY good teams talk? (Notice how Most of the irmo players are queit)
ANSWERS NEEDED....if you can answer one...try to answer them all.
LATER [Cool]

#8431 01/21/03 03:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sumter is in the middle of the state. It's a good sized city, and is growing larger everyday. Currently, the city of sumter (not the county) has three high schools. Sumter High, Crestwood, and Lakewood.

Who is sumter? I'm going to bet most references to 'Sumter' on this board will be about Sumter High. They had a decent team when I played HS ball, and from what I hear, they've had a good upcoming team. There was also good competition when I played against them. I'm not sure if they have the same coach as when I played, but if they do, you can probably be sure they have a quality team, who'll give opponents a good match.

#8432 01/22/03 05:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO, to answer a couple of questions above:

#1 - Wando will run Costanza and Darby up front and the program is fed from the MP Soccer Club, they may be down from last year but they will be strong.

#3 - All the Aiken talk is coming from a couple of pre-pubescent snot-nosed younguns from the Aiken U16 squad. I don't think any of the older Aiken kids are running their mouths on here and I'm sure they're tired of hearing it too.

#8433 01/22/03 05:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wando has the chance to be a 4A powerhouse this year due to the quality of club soccer in that area. Irmo WILL be GOOD this year. They are always well coached and have tremendous depth of the bench, so even if they lost a lot of talent they will have good players filling those spots. I do not know about South Aiken or the talent of the soccer team (sorry I can not answer that question). Sumter is a small town about an hour outside of Columbia. There are 3 high schools, the biggest of which is Sumter High School. The coach that has been at Sumter High for the past 7 years or so is now coaching in Greenville. I do not know why some teams talk trash while others do not. I do not know what high school some of the players who post attend, so it is difficult to say that good teams do not have trash talkers.

#8434 01/22/03 01:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can u ask who is sumter?? I mean they only knoocked off #1 Ridge View at the beginning of the season last year, and at one time was rankked #2. And the reason is Bc if they do talk all someone has to say, is didnt u lose to Wando last year, o yeah and if you were wondering yea, Sumter also beat wando 3-0 last year

#8435 01/22/03 04:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, its South Aiken talking, not Aiken. Second... the reason some teams talk while the goods ones dont is because these big city schools have state championship rings to show there game. The only thing these small town schools have over the next team is to talk trash and have a little fun and hope to win the next game knowing that they did it with the 11 guys that live right down the street. Its a type of fun and competition that those big city schools will never experience as long as they continue to find ways to bring in players from all over the city...so why dont u just let these guys have there fun too.......

#8436 01/25/03 01:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote:
Originally posted by Damon Hubert:
Wando has the chance to be a 4A powerhouse this year due to the quality of club soccer in that area. Irmo WILL be GOOD this year. They are always well coached and have tremendous depth of the bench, so even if they lost a lot of talent they will have good players filling those spots. I do not know about South Aiken or the talent of the soccer team (sorry I can not answer that question). Sumter is a small town about an hour outside of Columbia. There are 3 high schools, the biggest of which is Sumter High School. The coach that has been at Sumter High for the past 7 years or so is now coaching in Greenville. I do not know why some teams talk trash while others do not. I do not know what high school some of the players who post attend, so it is difficult to say that good teams do not have trash talkers.

I wouldn't call sumter so small any longer. It sure has grown since i first moved to the area 18 years ago. Then again, I haven't lived in sumter for 2 years. How are things in the gamecock city?

#8437 01/26/03 04:07 AM
Brace
Brace
I saw Sumter play last year at the Carolina Classic, the tournament held at Patriot's Point in Charleston. I didn't know much about them but asked around before that tournament and thought I would check them out. I was very impressed. Then I saw some of their wins and the teams the were knocking off.

That is why when I saw Damon needed games, I had to schedule them. I firmly believe in an old Ric Flair quote- "to be the best, you have to beat the best".

#8438 01/26/03 03:38 PM
F
goal
goal
F
I do not know about the talent at South Aiken this year, though I do hear enough about it on the message board.

As for having a program. South Aiken is the only non-Columbia school to win a region championshiop (1996)in Region III, now Region 4-AAAA, in the last 15 years. Aiken has never done so.

South Aiken finished #7 in '96, #12 in '97, #11 in 98 and then their coach left. Justin Rhodes took the position and was unable to maintain the program at that level of competitiveness.

No team from Aiken had ever finished the season ranked as high as the '96 T-Bred squad. Some have been ranked higher during the season, but none have finished higher.

As a side note, however, no team from Aiken has ever made it past the second round of the play-offs.

It is my home, but we still have a lot to prove come play-off time.

'til then.......

#8439 02/04/03 06:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just watch out for the aiken county teams for the next few years, esp. south aiken. there is alot of young talent out there. and i dont think it was justin rhodes's lack of ability to maintain the level of competiveness, just the lack of talent. but these schools do need to prove alot in the playoffs, you're right about that

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard