Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
kick off
kick off
Hurst:
sorry that your season was ended by an apparently better team. if you got beef, bring your candy butt on down to lexington and we'll throw down. k bye sucka

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!!!!
World Cup
World Cup
Hey! Somebody's beating ALLAN for dumbest post of the year!

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Camo go back to the woods.
I just havn't heard Hurst talk about the game and his thoughts on "the goal". Do you think your keeper had possesion?

world cup
world cup
tlrcamo,

Nice to see you made it back safely from York County. Sorry that your experience at NW wasn't as much fun as your night at FM. I do admire your passion though, you and your leather-lunged classmates certainly added to the atmosphere.

true,

"The Goal". Sounds like you and some of the Lex supporters think it may have been a bit controversial. Unfortunately, outside of the Lexington goalkeeper, I probably had the worst view in the stadium. It was such a scrum that I don't recall the PA announcer even crediting the individual that knocked it in.

All I know is what I got second-hand, and I'm paraphrasing:

FM Coach (to center ref): Hey what was that? At least talk to the linesman. (Ref consults briefly with AR and then heads to center circle).

FM Coach (to AR): What's going on? What did he say?

AR: I told him your keeper had possession of the ball.

FM Coach: Great!

Center Ref: (Blows whistle).

Lexington 1, Fort Mill 0.

As I said, very hard-fought match...not a pretty match. Some brilliant moments by some of the best players on the field. Shame the field is so narrow, more room would have allowed more creative play. Congrats to the Lady Wildcats.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
LF Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
I might add that even though the game seemed to get out of hand at times, and I'm sure both sides thought the other side was at fault, the FM team is still problaby the best team we have faced both last year and this year.... so far. Too bad that game was not for the upperstate instead of the 3rd round. It had a lot more intensity but to beat Irmo the way we did was very sweet.
BTW: the announcements and music at FM was excellent. The best I have heard from anyone so far, and the decision to keep the fans seperated was a very smart move as well

world cup
world cup
Thanks LF. Fort Mill - Lexington is a good, healthy rivalry. Good luck at Stone Friday night. Congratulations also to Wando for being the only Girls 4A school to reach the final more than once over the past four years.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
kick off
kick off
i must agree that fort mill gave us a run for our money they played well and were very physical and i agree with LF on that it probably would have been better if it was for upperstate and not 3rd round

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!!!!
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard