Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
LF Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
BD - I don't know about anyone else on this board, but you can bet that no one on Lexington is taking FM lightly. This game is no gimme by any means. We had a tough game against Mauldin Wednesday, and I expect more of the same from FM tonight. Like I said I hope the rain / fields do not affect the game / players.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
FT. Mill has an excellent team. This team has a lot more than just Ashleigh and Rachel. They are able to sub in bunches and never lose a beat. Nothing against Lexington as they are quality but Lex better bring their "A" game to beat this powerful bunch. Throw the last time they played out, this is the playoffs man! I like the Mill through the finals.

D
bench
bench
D
the summerville girls know they cant do it though thats the problem

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Summerville/Wando match will definitely be a must see..I watched them go down to pks the last time I was there

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
I think Summerville will prevail tonight as well, even though I am a Wando alum. Wando just does not seem to be able to finish. In the Spring Valley game, almost all of their chances came off of crosses, with mixed results. One resulted in a PK, the other goal was after a deflection and being in the right place at the right time. They also racked up quite a few corner kicks. I didn't see anyone who could take the ball from outside the 18 and get a hard shot off on frame.

On a positive note, they seem to play very well as a team, had several beautiful passing sequences, and communicated very well on defense. It seems they lack a true finisher.

I think if Summerville can score, they will win. Although with the potential for rain who knows. Very similar to last year's game in the wet weather.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Of course FM has more than just the 2 girls!!! But its a blue collar, lunch pail type of team. Few stars.....lots of heart. The upperclassman have provided excellent leadership!!

FM has an excellent group of freshman. There are 5-6 girls that have played key roles this year and several other 9th graders queued up for bigger roles next year.

Quote:

FT. Mill has an excellent team. This team has a lot more than just Ashleigh and Rachel. They are able to sub in bunches and never lose a beat. Nothing against Lexington as they are quality but Lex better bring their "A" game to beat this powerful bunch. Throw the last time they played out, this is the playoffs man! I like the Mill through the finals.

corner kick
corner kick
Rain can sometimes be a great equalizer. Lexington has to overcome a tough match on Wednesday and the long bus ride to Fort Mill. I haven't seen Fort Mill play this year but in years past they were an excellent coached team. Lexington has the players to win but it will be up to attitude and determination. I just wish I could be there to watch. Hurst and dealher will you provide the recap for us with other commitments.

Anybody picking Byrnes to continue the Cinderella story against Irmo?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Wando/Summerville will be a great game as it was the last time they played. Both teams will leave everything they have on the field.
I'm sure both teams hope the "flamboyant" center ref that thinks the game is all about him will be missing this time. Even the sideline refs were rolling their eyes.
Hopefully, the rain will hold out like it did last time.
I am going with the Warriors, 2-0. GO WANDOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

world cup
world cup
fos,

You'll have to get your game recap from Big Daddy, Real McCoy, Chico and LF. deahler and I will be in the Town Tavern after the match, sharing a few pints and discussing the coulda, shoulda, woulda's.

Last edited by Hurst66; 05/04/07 04:30 PM.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick

What? No WiFi in the Town Tavern !!!! Time to upgrade to an "air card" for your laptop......

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard