Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
How does a team that beat Lexington 1-0 a couple of weeks ago lose to them 7-1? Did they completely fall apart??

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
MM,

Good comments on Dutch Fork. They fought through a lot of adversity, last season was a rough one....losing post-season play was tough. DF stayed under the radar all year and did a great job reaching the lowerstate final. The program looks to be very strong.....don't know why anyone would want to transfer out in the future.

Congratulations and continued good luck to the Lady Foxes.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 #85070 05/09/07 12:48 PM
World Cup
World Cup
What stability has been brought by coach painter? Is this his first year? Sounds like he's doing a great job!

L
throw in
throw in
L
COACH Painter is a great guy and a great coach. His brother Tommy is also a great guy. Trust me in a couple of years DF will be heading to states with no problem. Hayne Painter will have the girls program set straight by next season. Congrads to all the girls and coaches at DF. Can't wait to see you next year

M
bench
bench
M
By stability, I meant a calming influence. Last year's team had to play an entire season knowing that no matter how well they played they could not compete for a State championship. They went on to Win the region and watched from the sidelines as their rival school took their place in the seedings and made a very good run at a State Championship. I don't know how many times I heard my daughter say, "That should have been us!" You take that memory and let it run amuck it could have harmed this year's team as they went forward. Bad memories are sometimes hard to forget. I believe he (& his staff) started early to help create NEW positive memories to grow and build on. With the ups and downs of the season Coach P and his staff continued to keep the girl's eyes looking forward and not back. That is stability!

kick off
kick off
Quote:

How does a team that beat Lexington 1-0 a couple of weeks ago lose to them 7-1? Did they completely fall apart??

no lexington just didnt play their game that night and made adjustments and came to play last night and did what had to be done

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!!!!
tlrcamo #85074 05/10/07 02:25 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

no lexington just didnt play their game that night and made adjustments and came to play last night and did what had to be done

In playoffs, you do what you've got to do to win. Lex did well to jump ahead. Irmo did what they had to win. Lex countered and made it worse than it looked. Great job Lex, and good work Irmo.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Huh?? "Irmo did what they had to win" What did they do?

"Lex countered and made it worse than it looked" Lex countered what?? There was nothing to counter!!

Believe me it WAS as bad as it looked. Irmo was in the game for the first half while they had the wind. Once Lex scored that first goal and the second half started it was all over.

LF #85076 05/10/07 10:41 AM
World Cup
World Cup
LF, in soccer (stay close now) playoffs one must win to advance. Therefore if you find yourself down, you better start pushing forward to try and score. Irmo pushed, Lex D held, and then took advantage of the small numbers in the back. I realize you're excited to finally make the promise land after all those years of coming so close, and what, with the early career drama and all. You can play nice and pretend you know soccer

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I am back, I could not resist this one. Were you at the game? I was, it looked to me that Irmo kept trying to double down on the girl with red shoes-her footwork was amazing! The 3rd, 4th, 5th goals came from great play-crosses with a nice open header/feet. Just poor defending, they were not pushing up. (Gabi had an off night-not typical) And you think you know soccer!

Last edited by ALLAN; 05/10/07 01:46 PM.
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard