Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
2A playoffs

Pendleton 2 (pk's 2-1)
Broome 1

Broome scored early in the first half, Pendleton found the equlizer off a corner kick that was cuaght by the defender on the back post resulting in a PK. Game remained tied through all four overtime periods and went into PK's where GK Caitlin Williams is like money in the bank! Pendleton moves on to face playoff nemesis Southside Christian on Wednesday.

Great job girls!

kick off
kick off
I know Purpleandyellow has already posted the score, but I thought I would add a little more about the Broome vs. Pendleton game. Lauren Hutson scored the opening goal of the game inside the first 15 minutes on an assist by Mackenzie Camby. Pendleton tied the game up right before the half on a PK after the ball was handled in the box. The second half, both 10 minute OT periods and both 5 minute SD periods were scoreless. The PKs were won by Pendleton 2-1 with Isabelle Berry scoring for Broome.

Caroline Moss only had to make 2 saves for the entire game. The Pedleton keeper kept her team in the game. She scored on the PK, made numerous saves to prevent Broome from scoring, scored on the first PK after OT and stopped 2-3 well taken PKs from the Broome players.

The refs were so-so with numerous calls that were outright wrong (I admit some were judgement calls and both teams got the short end of the stick). I especially think that they should have at least warned (if not carded) the Pendleton keeper for her time wasting tactics and her overall attitude. She was a good keeper, but her arrogance and some of the things she does to try and intimidate and show up her opponents will only serve to either get herself or an opponent injured (if not already). I am all for a physical and confident keeper but what she was doing all night was largely uncalled for. Just my 2 cents.

Broome finishes with an overall record of 8-9, which I believe is the best the program has ever done. Both the offense and defense were much better than last year. Things should continue to improve next year with a talented freshman class coming up. Great work ladies!

M
throw in
throw in
M
ACF 4
Pickens 0

Great game Lady Falcons

ooo fancy
C
Brace
Brace
C
WA 2
Stradford 1 -- it's StraTford

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 05/01/07 01:31 PM.
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Does anyone know the Sumter RNE score?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Swansea-8
Marlboro County-0

#14 Satoya-average player with 53 goals. The team was technically unsound (toe kicking was the fad). However, congratulations to Marlboro county on a good season!
Swansea with 5 different players with goals.
Long Drive!

B
bench
bench
B
Congrats to Tony King and the Blythewood girls. They played a very sound game and Seneca was lucky to be leading in the second half despite being outshot 33-8. We almost held them off but they got the equilizer with about 8 minutes left to force OT. The reffing was pretty good, a lot of non calls but was equal both ways and when it did start getting rough they stepped up and made the calls that were necessary including a yellow card against.

No one should be shocked that our two goals came from Krystal Goss and Emily Nicholson who I am glad to say are only a freshman and a sophomore respectively. Hopefully that carries over to next season. As for now though, good luck to the rest of the teams left in it, and good luck to Daniel, keep holding strong for Region I cause you're our only hope now!!!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Fort Mill Squeaks By Aiken

From The Rock Hill Herald:

http://www.heraldonline.com/102/story/16550.html

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Congrats to Swansea. Looks like they have a shot to make it to the 3rd round for the first time. Way to go!

Stewie- "Where did you graduate again, university of duhhhh?"
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Sounds like this was a good game. Congrats to Aiken for a good job against a very good FM team. It only gets harder from now on....

Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard