Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
From The Rock Hill Herald:

Fort Mill squeaks by Spartanburg. Great photos of Spartanburg's McIntyre Hargrove and Aley Russell.

http://www.heraldonline.com/209/story/16648.html

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
CCES 2
West Oak 1

Shots: CCES - 25
West Oak - 6

Goals - CCES Bowne, Bagnal Assists - CCES Bagnal, Harrill
West Oak - Marcengill

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Emerald 1
Gilbert 4

JIMBO #84971 05/03/07 12:18 PM
T
bench
bench
T
hhhs will be in the state championship.

corner kick
corner kick

I don't see a recap from Lex so this is information I have from the Mauldin vs Lexington match. Lexington scored on a set piece in the middle of the first half. Mauldin seem to be slow at the start of the game, but picked it up after the Lexington score. Mauldin tied the score near the end of the 1st half on a header over the Lexington keeper. 2nd half back and forth no goals. Overtime Lexington scores again on a set piece 2-1. Mauldin has 3 chances to score the best one bouncing off the post and the follow up was missed wide. Maudlin had 3 injuries 2 to key players. A physical match for both teams. Mauldin has 6 freshman on this team and only 2 seniors.

On another note the word on the street is the JL Mann player red carded on Monday played last night. Are the red card rules different for the playoffs?

World Cup
World Cup
This is why the game is under protest. It is reported by the Anderson Independent that a Mann girl was ejected Monday, yet played in the match on Wednesday. Perhaps the ejection was appealed and won by Mann, for I can't imagine a coach would do that. Especially Gwynne who knows the rules back and forth. There is some piece of information missing. Also, the disallowed goal for Daniel was an offsides call on a corner kick. Unless the ball was knocked outside the 6, the defense then pushed up, and the ball played back to a Daniel player "camping out" for the goal - it should have been allowed. Playoff officials are very good, so I try to give them the benefit of the doubt...even when a college kid who used to post here doesn't call a keeper getting knocked into the goal when she had a front row seat to it. Who's bitter? Not me!

C
Goal
Goal
C
recap of the Northwestern vs. Byrnes match

http://www.heraldonline.com/267/story/16646.html

JIMBO #84975 05/03/07 12:54 PM
brace
brace
Jimbo

any details on the Gilbert/Emerald match?

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Quote:

This is why the game is under protest. It is reported by the Anderson Independent that a Mann girl was ejected Monday, yet played in the match on Wednesday. Perhaps the ejection was appealed and won by Mann, for I can't imagine a coach would do that. Especially Gwynne who knows the rules back and forth. There is some piece of information missing.

Mann's claim is the red resulted from a second yellow and this was cleared with the SCHSL.
Quote:

Also, the disallowed goal for Daniel was an offsides call on a corner kick. Unless the ball was knocked outside the 6,

which it wasn't
Quote:

the defense then pushed up,

which they didn't
Quote:

and the ball played back to a Daniel player "camping out" for the goal

which it wasn't

Quote:

- it should have been allowed. Playoff officials are very good,

LOL

Two evenly matched teams, tough physical play, questionable calls on both sides, it's a shame it had to end in controversy. Stay tuned.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Is the Mann/Daniel game under protest due to the offside call or because of a player they think should have been ineligible?

I'm sure everyone knows this, but according to the rules, one cannot be guilty of offside when receiving the ball directly from a corner kick. I certainly hope it was on a subsequent pass.

Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard