Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33
S
throw in
throw in
S
1st goal was legite ...2nd goal there was no way that was a clean assist, bounced off 3 defenders then the kid shot it right at josh and josh tried to parry it over the goal but it was so weak that it went a foot over his head and in the goal....third shot was going right at josh with little pace but got a lucky deflection.....and yes we did have to wide open chances at the 6 ...so again easily could have been a different game with the bounce of the ball

P
bench
bench
P
no the final was 4-0

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Since no one is going to comment on the chapin/socastee game let me be the first.

1. Why wasn't BIG OLE HAYES in the net? Greg De Mare was terrible tonight. I mean really does he think he can beat Justin Watson to the ball? Most fast vehicles can't let alone a 5'6 white kid. Seems silly not to play the region player of the year at the position he's best at. That, combined with the absence of Chapin's back really contributed to the beating.

2. Why did Greg De Mare try to beast up on one of the Socastee players down 4-0 with no time left on the clock? I mean was he trying to showboat down 4-0? Doesn't make much sense.

3. Justin Watson is very very fast (period)

4. Bobby Belair is really freakin good.

5. Joey De Mare is really freakin good too he just needs some polish which will come with age I think.

6. Socastee's strength is that they can attack with virtually three people. All they need is a setup man and those two forwards do the rest. It's really unbelieveable.

I guess my prediction was not too far from accurate. I posted on the 3A Semis board that it would be a 3-1 game in favor of Socastee. I guess I gave Chapin a little too much credit. Anyway, best of luck to Chapin next year. Way to go to Socastee and its players, its time to go to State and earn a win over Greenville.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
soccerfanman and barc09,
ya'll are way off. Greenville did NOT dominate this game at all. The game was pretty even, both teams had some good possessions and a bunch of chances. PK call was definately questionable but it did hit his hand so.. Riverside had plenty of chances from throw-ins and free kicks where they could have scored. Greenvilles keeper made plenty of saves or grabs in the six so Riverside was coming at goal. Greenville had a bunch of chances too and most came off of their attacks from midfield and throw-ins. 2nd goal should of been saved and the ball was bouncing around like crazy. 3rd goal would have been saved if it wasn't deflected I think, but it could have been going side net...very good shot.
And WOW Sebastian could have scored AGAIN on his breakaway in the final two minutes...dang Greenville must be really good cause they could have scored 4 if they wanted to. Good call you moron...when you are down in the final minutes you go forward to try and score so it is retarded to say this was a great chance because it wouldn't have happened if Riverside had people in midfield and more than TWO people in the back. Basically it was a good game, and could have went either way if Riverside could have finished a chance in the box or their keeper saved the shots he got his hands on and almost had. So you are way wrong when you say Greenville dominated. They played very good and deserved to win but your comments were disrespectful to Riverside and the good game they played. As I said, Sebastian would be the difference.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
throw in
throw in
Quote:

Sorry, bad joke

"Bad boy, bad boy....whatcha gonna do when Kyle comes for you...bad boy, bad boy..."

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Christ Church - Southside????

corner kick
corner kick
CCES 3
SCS 0

Not sure if I even saw a shot from SCS. CCES hit the bar 3 times in the first half. Bunker defense. Last 5 to 8 minutes of the first half, 11 SCS players inside their defensive 20 yards from the goal.

Halftime score 0-0

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
bench
bench
I saw the game last night, (Chapin and Socastee) in my point of view it was a hard fought battle one team had the better of the chances because little errors made by the Chapin team all night. Most part of the game The Eagles had the ball and it was just not there night..Socastee, when they had the ball last night they made something out of it. Chapin looked down after coming close to scoring several times and then giving up a goal on a questionable hand ball that a lot of the fans thought should have been called. Also, this is the reply for shutup&play...The Greg Demare situation was hard for Demare to come out on...from the stands it looked hard for him not to just a tough mistake. For Joey DeMare, this kid has a lot of talent. Looks like he got frustrated after getting scored on but seems when him and Haze were up top DeMare was creating scoring opportunities. Then Chapin started changing people. David stone and DeMare dont get enough of the ball to help the team out in need.. I look forward to seeing Joey play next year. Socastee is a good team this year. A lot of speed that took over Chapin's defense. Watson is very quick. Another good player was Bobby? he won almost everything in the air.. Good game unfortunate score.

IfIWokeUpTomorrowWithMyHeadSewnToTheCarpetIWouldn'tBeMoreSurprisedThanIAmRightNow
P
corner kick
corner kick
P
First thing is first, Socastee is a hell of a team. The better team definitely won the game last night, regardless of how bad Chapin played and how many mistakes they made. I think that Justin and Orlando is one of the best parings I have ever seen in High School soccer. On the other hand, Joey DeMare for Chapin, a player with amazing talent that showed tonight has absolutely no one to work with. David Stone was taken out of the game by the Socastee midfield. I think David would have been better off up front with DeMare that game. As far as Greg DeMare having a terrible game, I think you are seeming to forget the 3 or 4 great saves he made in the first half to keep his team 1-0 at half. Second half Socastee's forwards were just too much for a young Chapin back line and it showed. With the exception of the one mistake by DeMare on the 2nd goal the 1st, 3rd, and 4th goals were all simple 1v1 with the keeper goals. Great job to Socastee and good luck against Greenville. Good season Chapin.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
This article is fairly accurate. It was a good, even first half, but Lincoln was strong in the second half. Terrance scored 2 headers off of throw ins and their defense held AMHS in check.

http://web.charleston.net/news/2007/may/10/deas_steed_power_lincoln_back_state_title_matchc/

Good luck to Lincoln this weekend.

Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard