Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33
L
throw in
throw in
L
Sorry but Mauldin better just get use to watching the State Championship. If the same NW team comes to play on Wed then Mauldin does not stand a chance

Last edited by London_Player; 05/08/07 06:32 PM.
throw in
throw in
Sorry, London,
not a player, never have been, and too old to start, now! I don't even have a "dog" in this fight....I just love the game....but if I happen to see any Irmo players/coaches I will pass on your best wishes!
And, I sit in the "AMEN" section on the latest subject...congrats to Lexington and Irmo for FINE seasons, and I hope #10 is okay (always hate to see any player get hurt!). Good luck to Wando, SV, NW, and Mauldin - play hard, but play fair!
As for Irmo's team of late....Coach Savitz is probably just reloading for the next 27 years! The past 2 years have been tough, and the younger players don't always give everything they have to the game - they sometimes get "distracted"?!?. But, I wouldn't count them out, yet....they may grow up and into the "Tradition" soon.
As for the antics of the young ones on this board and on the field...I believe it has been noted that "foolishness is bound up in the hearts of children"...so let us old folk go forth and use our rods and staffs and beat it out of them! (P.S. I DID see the ref's underpants, and they WERE orange!! )

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Yea, Mauldin probably will get beaten badly unless Hoover can have a amazing game in goal. I'm sure Irmo is just lacking some of the great talent that they had earlier in the decade. The upperstate has always been powerful and will continue to be. I think the coaching of Shelley or Finotti has only surfaced. Most of the talent the past couple years has come from other great coaches in the upstate. But Riverside and Eastside has loads of kids from Shelley's and Finotti's team and it is showing now and will be seen in the near future. I am betting Riverside will win next year and Eastside the following year.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
S
kick off
kick off
S
Hoover has been doing unreal as of latley so i guess mauldin will be hoping for a good game from him and a couple lucky bounces

P
kick off
kick off
P
thanks and yaknowdat13...GO WANDO!

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
I'm going to choose not to comment on the DF situation although there is much I could say, but I WOULD just like to say that there is no need to question these kids desire to play soccer or their passion for the game. They underachieved the past two years and that is very easy to see, but I hate to see people questioning their passion and desire to play. These kids have endured a lot soccer wise. I think the "close but no cigar" really sums it up. There club team has lost in the semi finals every year since U-14. Once in PK's. Twice in overtime and Twice by a single goal. I am in no way trying to make excuses because you obviously have to be able to close things out, but these kids know better than anyone that they underachieved. I am sad for all of those kids because most of them never even had the chance to play in a state championship. Quality soccer players and individuals.

M
brace
brace
M
All programs go through periods of excellence, mediocrity and yes rebuilding as talent pools ebb and flow. The team this season had three, maybe four seniors and a lot of young talent. The 2007 team played exceptionally well against many fine opponents with talented older players. I can tell you that all of the youngest players on the roster this year are CUFC Elite players and there are more coming up next year. Based on what I know is in the pipeline, I think it's safe to say you'll be seeing more State Championships from Irmo in the near future.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Also in response to sweet feet's question about Irmo, Irmo was extremely young this past season. They started two seniors, two juniors, four sophmores and three freshman. I still believe they should have beaten Mauldin but they will need to improve in several areas if they want to continue to grow. Just because they were young doesn't mean automatic success for next season. Lexington will be very experienced as well in the region and I anticipate it will come down to those two teams for the region championship next year. I don't think Coach Savitz would like to think of this as a rebuilding year as this past team was very talented, yet they just couldn't seem to put it all together all the time.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Does anyone know the game time that Wando and Spring Valley are suppose to have if the weather hangs off.

C
kick off
kick off
C
The game is at 7 p.m.
SV is bringing in extra stands anticipating a large crowd.

Page 27 of 33 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard