Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
I have seen first hand what an amazing coach Pinasco is. He is extremely passionate about the sport and his team. I also have seen first hand how Hammond parents can be obnoxious. I was not at the game, however it seems Pinasco was coaching and a parent was out of line. I am sure the parents irresponsible action did not help Hammond in the second half. I hate to hear that this happened for the kids sake and for coach Pinasco. They deserve better than out of control parents embarrassing them and the school. Congratulations to coach Pinasco and Hammond for a succesful season.

803 Offline
kick off
kick off
it seems that what was expected at the start of the season is only three more days away. Pinewood v.s Cardinal Newman, should be a very good game to watch.

L
bench
bench
L
The Hammond parent involved has been around soccer for a number of years and shoud fully understand that there is absolutely no justification for a parent to EVER address a coach, especially approach the sidelines, during any game. There was simply no excuse for her actions and the other Hammond parents were disgusted by her conduct. While Pinewood was obviously the better team, she caused a distraction that took a way from the coaching as well as the players in the second half. There simply is no justification in the distraction she created. This is the first time I have ever witnessed such behavior by a parent. Not to mention how embarrassing it had to be for her son. The coach was upset over some missed fundamentals by the Hammond players and as many coaches, was frustrated by those actions. Either way, Hammond can be proud of a successful season and the progress their program has made and will continue to make. Her actions were quite a damper on an otherwise successful season. The ref should have probably asked her to leave but that action may have resulted in an additional card to Adrian which would have resulted in a red card. He obviously was not going to start the second half until the parent was removed and she was no leaving on her own accord.

Goal
Goal
Just reinforces my opinion of private school parents. As a DI when I've had private school kids, they look horrified when TOLD to do something. That's why my kids go/went to public schools! That and the fact I don't have the money to send them to private schools!

Victory Starts Here!
L
bench
bench
L
Instead of "always right" tonight we can say "sometimes wrong". Adrian was upset over the questionable foul call with less than 2 minutes remaining. This was probably the only flaw in tonight's officiating. The resulting score definately turned the complexion of the game, especially when paired by the disgusting behavior of the Hammond parent. How much distraction can the players face?

B
bench
bench
B
Hammond's coach was a crazy guy. After a soft non-call on a high kick on which no one was injured, their coach screamed "Referee" over and over while walking 15 yards out onto the field. Despite his drama and "meltdown mom," PP dominated the game and earned an easy victory. The Championship vs. Cardinal Newman is on Saturday at 4:30 at Porter Gaud. Go PP.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

Just reinforces my opinion of private school parents. As a DI when I've had private school kids, they look horrified when TOLD to do something. That's why my kids go/went to public schools! That and the fact I don't have the money to send them to private schools!

Slight hijack here... but I resent this horrible generalization of "private school parents." What a completely IGNORANT statement to make! I, myself, choose to send my kids to "private school" but they attend on scholarship and know that it is a privilege for them to attend their school. Just because ONE parent had a lapse in judgment, don't assume all private school parents are like that.

I was also raised in a military home. I am former military myself.

In the future, you would do well to think before you make such a ridiculous remark.

B
goal
goal
B
Post deleted by BDad11

Last edited by BDad11; 05/10/07 01:10 PM.
B
goal
goal
B
I don't know who that parent was, however if I was the Hammond Administration I would politely ask that parent to find another school for her child to attend.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

I don't know who that parent was, however if I was the Hammond Administration I would politely ask that parent to find another school for her child to attend.

It's not the child's fault his parent acted like she did. Why should the school punish the child for his parent's behavior? Why not suspend the parent from the first game of the season, next year...like what is done with players who receive cards?

-Attitude reflects leadership-
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard