Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
throw in
throw in
S
BDAD11,
Why would you punish a child for the actions of what sounds like an emotionally disturbed parent? Why not simply keep the parent away from the games? Come on! I feel sure Hammond's policies were violated and the "parent", NOT the child, will be corrected.

C
bench
bench
C
Hammond has some of the most arrogant families (parents AND kids) I've ever seen. Doesn't surprise me that a parent would do something like this. Disappointing, but not surprising.

On a happier note, congrats to the CN Boys Soccer team for making it to the State finals. Thanks to the PG fans who came up for the game, hope everyone made it home safe. Classless cheap shot by #14 on the CN goalie with 14 minutes to play in a 3-0 game, but other than that, things were OK. Good luck against Pinewood Prep Saturday afternoon.

B
goal
goal
B
In my opinion for the parent to have embarrassed Hammond, her child ,and herself the way she did crosses the line..I'm sure the code of conduct at Hammond would speak to parental conduct as well....If a parent would have enterred a classroom and verbally attacked a teacher in a manner in which the parent had to be restrained and forceably removed to me that results in forfeiture of the privilege of attending a school.This is no different.This is Pinasco's classroom, only much more public...Yes, this would cause harm to the child, but in my opinion the harm was done by the parent.....Basically, as a parent I can't believe anyone would get this upset at a teacher or coach would and want their child to continue on at that school.

As a former,teacher,coach and administator, I feel that the Administration has to draw the line and say the "You cannot treat one of our coaches(teachers) in this fashion.For those who feel that banning a parent from attending games and or other activities would accomplish this, I respect your opinion,but to me it calls for harsher measures...Again, I'm sorry for the child.I'm sure they are feeling total humiliation right about now.But administarive support for facilty and staff is also important in my book.

Last edited by BDad11; 05/10/07 01:54 PM.
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
BD - you still don't punish the child for the parent's actions. Period. You punish the parent.

I haven't a clue as to what the parent's issue was with the coach...but you don't punish the child for the parent's poor judgement...

Also, the soccer field is in NO WAY the same situation as a classroom. The soccer field is for competing...the classroom is for learning. If she had acted that way in a classroom...you still don't punish the child for her behavior. You punish the parent. The child already suffers from the absolute embarrassment of their parent's behavior...can't imagine what that kid is hearing in the hallways today because of how his mother behaved...

-Attitude reflects leadership-
S
throw in
throw in
S
amen taylorbabe
A real voice of reason!

coach
coach
There are obnoxious parents in public and private schools. Many of you who know Pinasco know that he is an exceptional and extremely passionate coach. He works hard to see his kids improve and to excel at the game of soccer. As with any passionate coach, he puts everything he has into each game. Yet, this parent has no right whatsoever to challenge that passion or question the coach in that fashion, during a game. She made the choice to step beyond the area of reasonable conduct, and if its her first incident she should be severely warned about any further occurrence. If anything at all happens again with her, she should be banned from games.

B
bench
bench
B
How did CN lose to Hammond, but beat PG 3-0? PG is much better than Hammond. Is CN really a good team, or are they just lucky? PP beat Hammond 6-0 and 7-0, as well as beating HHC 2-0 and 3-0, but Hammond also beat HHC 3-0. Soccer is a crazy game. Predictions for the Championship?

F
throw in
throw in
F
Let me take this opportunity to point out that public high schools charge admission to sporting events, unlike some (or most) private schools. I assume it helps offset the cost of officials and other expenses. If you are a private school parent, please don't cop an attitude to the ticket taker when it costs $$$ to get into a game. It's not their fault! I filled in at a JV game one time and couldn't believe the negativity.

PS Go Cardinal Newman and Coach Eudy!

L
bench
bench
L
Hammond could have beaten CN twice, the first gane went to PK's and Hammonds keeper was out. PP is by far the best SCISA team. PP wins Saturday 4-1 in a well controlled game. The distraction with the parent at half time of the Hammond PP game caused the score to be worse than it should have been.

H
throw in
throw in
H
i dont think the parent distraction had any effect on the score line...

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard