Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
who_me? Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
For what it's worth, I think that most of the small amount of 'showboating' done by NW players was done for the benefit of the Lexington student fans lining the fence along the field. The (student)fans were also a little bit rude at times, calling out to NW players on the field, and I think that the NW players were to some degree responding in kind. With the exception of the one incident mentioned which I didn't see, I don't think it ever got nasty. I don't particularly like it but this 'Cameron Crazy' mentality exists in high school. It was a huge game for NW and I was overall impressed with how well the players from both teams conducted themselves.

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
L
throw in
throw in
L
Who_ Me
I am glad that you did not see what happen. It was an embarrassment to the team and school. I know these things happen in high school but it does not mean I think it is acceptable. As far as the LHS students lining the fence, you are correct they also should learn a little respect. Many people on the LHS side said that and some I saw even talked to them. Rules to remember: One you should never talk trash when your team is getting beat, just not smart. Two they also are guest at that school and should represent their school and their families a little better. I guess what I am trying to say is respect the sport & yourself! This is a great game and GESTERS like that make people just look at soccer players as idiots. When in reality as a whole I really thought NW soccer team is fantastic. I will be there again on Saturday, if they win tonight, just to watch them. I am hoping to see #2 represent himself and his school a little better. The kid has all the skill in the world & I am hoping that with some time and the proper teaching he will also learn the respect.

goal kick
goal kick
Just a question its not ok for the LHS students to line the fence and cheer their team on even talk trash to the Nw players but it is ok for the NW students to do the exact same thing??? Im not trying to be the "oh he said this about my school so ill say somthing bad about your school" but come on! Everyone complains that soccer does get enough support or fans from the school... and finally it starts to get some student fan support and "arent being respectful".
I disagree with you London_player i think its fine if fans talk to a player of another school....what i dont think should happen is players should never address the crowd.

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
M
throw in
throw in
M
Its good for the game when the opposing team brings a lot of fans up for a playoff game. The atmosphere at Northwestern on Monday was great, and I expect the Trojans to bring their fair share of fans to Mauldin tonight.

who_me? Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Players want passion, from each other and their fans, it's not lawn bowling. For a decent number of students to show up and get loud is great, players get jacked up when it happens. Some bad things pop up, but I've been more embarrassed by what some parents have yelled out during games than anything students or players have ever said. We lost (badly) but so long as our team was playing hard they deserved some noise.

RE: Alex' antics. Since his brother doesn't exhibit the same behavior I'm guessing it's simply a maturity thing that his family, coach and brother will educate him on. I doubt you will see much of the same next year. Good luck to NW and we'll be there Saturday to root you on.

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
L
throw in
throw in
L
Kick_Ball
I can see your point but still stick to my own opinion. I would never go to someone’s house and act that way when I was in high school because my parents taught me not to do that. I can understand yelling when you see a bad play but pointing out players then making remarks about them or their families. I just see this as wrong. When I was at LHS and played Soccer there were some big things we knew never to do. Coach K had all of us under a very tight radar and any time we did anything he made sure we knew that he found out. Also he would never want his fans acting that way which I am sure the coach now feels the same way. Please come out and support but don’t insult. What it comes to is that we all play or love this fantastic game. So why insult someone who has the same passion.

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard