Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
goal kick
goal kick
Acording to reports in The State newspaper the card was for taunting. http://www.thestate.com/197/story/60006.html

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
B
throw in
throw in
B
If SV can get some kind of appeal, Kirby would be happy to tell his side of the story. He doesn't believe a send off was warranted.

H
goal
OP Offline
goal
H
Quote:

If SV can get some kind of appeal, Kirby would be happy to tell his side of the story. He doesn't believe a send off was warranted.

My reading of the rules is that an appeal is available but that the grounds are very, very limited. Unfortunately, that "the referee overreacted and shouldn't have sent him off" isn't one of them. Given the time, circumstances and nature of the "offense," this was truly a terrible decision by the referee. Aside from this one aberration, it was a well officiated game. Really a shame for Davis and SV. It's possible that the Disciplinary Committee (or whatever the SCSHSL calls it) could reverse the decision, but I wouldn't count on it.

Goal
Goal
I saw the match and recognized the linesmen, but who was the center ref? Never seen him before. Seemed to be a harsh decision, but that's why he is paid the big bucks!

50th for a reason!
B
throw in
throw in
B
I disagree with the "well officiated game" opinion. Inconsistently officiated is my opinion. Major muggings and blantant holding by both sides not called at times, but minor touches called. I have no problem with calling the game tight or letting the players play, but call it consistently.

H
goal
OP Offline
goal
H
Quote:

I disagree with the "well officiated game" opinion. Inconsistently officiated is my opinion. Major muggings and blantant holding by both sides not called at times, but minor touches called. I have no problem with calling the game tight or letting the players play, but call it consistently.

"Well officiated" is a relative term.

kick off
kick off
I agree the game was not officiated well at all as it was very inconsistent. The officiating had no bearing on the outcome as Spring Valley was the better team on the night.

As for the Red Card it appeared that on the play the SV keepers teamate went down while the keeper was in the air he came down falling over his own player. Upon getting up he went after Kirby and gave him a hard shove. I don't know if he fealt Kirby had shoved the player under him or didn't realize it was his own player that under cut him. At any rate the referee could have easily brought the situation under control without the use of the RED CARD.

Good luck to Spring Valley you were the better team last night and deserve to play for the CHampionship. WITH A FULL ROSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MRoss; 05/10/07 04:53 PM.

ROSS!!! For no reason!
Y
throw in
throw in
Y
Antoine is a great player but has alot to learn. too much dribbling not enough passing. he will be amazing in the years to come. i believe Parker (#13) took control of the midfield and was key in their victory.

AND YA KNOW DAT!!!
goal kick
goal kick
many were talking about an appeal during the final minutes of the game and after... and from what ive heard if you have video evidnece you can go to the league and there were many spring valley students and parents video taping when the red was shown

W
kick off
kick off
W
yep parker(#13) was amazing

he was sick lol

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard