Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
goal
OP Offline
goal
H
So, what do you think? I'm a Spring Valley guy and have been pretty impressed with their recent play. If they finish well they should be hard to beat. They tend to create well, but like lots of kids at this age their finishing is inconsistent. Their defense has been very tough.

I know nothing about Wando - what should we expect?

throw in
throw in
Spring Valley.......and, can they "finish well".....haven't we had this discussion before?

throw in
throw in
A word of advice....wear your battle armor....the video (linked in another thread) from last year's Wando/Irmo game stops just short of the actual "take-down from behind" of the keeper, but TV news report showed it clearly....I heard it caused permanent injury, and was totally unnecessary?!? SV needs to come out hard and fast, and don't let up for a moment, or they WILL make you pay! FINISH WELL!!

D
bench
bench
D
GO WANDO

A
kick off
kick off
A
GO WANDO

Last edited by ALLSTAR; 05/08/07 05:47 PM.
C
Goal
Goal
C
GO WANDO

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
GO WANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y
throw in
throw in
Y
GO WANDO!!!

AND YA KNOW DAT!!!
L
bench
bench
L
GO WANDO

L
throw in
throw in
L
GO Valley

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
What time does the game begin?

brace
brace
Go WANDO VALLEY!!!

N
throw in
throw in
N
This sure is great discussion.

Wando 2-1.

Wando vs NW in finals with NW winning 3-1

J
world cup
world cup
J
GO NORTHWEST-MAULDIN!!!

..wait.

brace
brace
So are you saying Go Northwest and then go to Mauldin? Because if you are from Columbia thats what you would do. Or is it go to Northwest Mauldin. Inquiring minds want to know. And while we are discussing stupid things, why is it called Northwestern when it is not in the Northwestern part of the state? What is Northwestern Northwest of anyway?

Last edited by CornerFlag; 05/08/07 07:59 PM.
throw in
throw in
And, why is there a longhorn steer painted on the field at Mauldin's "MAVERICKS" stadium? I thought mavericks were horses?!? Wait....I looked it up....Webster defines it as an "unbranded range animal"...my bad.

L
bench
bench
L
this is going to be a great game. wandos bringing alot of fans. should be intersting.

D
bench
bench
D
Wando Shmando Go Valley (wando wins 2-1)

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
What time is the game?

C
bench
bench
C
GO WANDO!!!!

Wando 3
SV 1

goal kick
goal kick
i say spring valley 3 1

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
This is going to be a great game. Wish I knew when it started though...

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
time anyone?

C
kick off
kick off
C
The game is at 7 p.m.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Thank you clubdad

H
goal
OP Offline
goal
H
I predict Spring Valley 1-0 in one overtime. Should be a good game.

H
throw in
throw in
H
im sayin Wando - 3 SV - 1

S
throw in
throw in
S
15 minutes left in second half. SV-2 W-0.

G
bench
bench
G
SV wins 2-0. Good atmosphere. Got a little intense afterword with the students from both schools exchanging a few words. SV resource officer did a good job of keeping things from escalating.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
What happened with the red card? I assume this was Davis Jenkins, is that correct?

From the e-mails/text messages I received, junior Sean Flynn scored both Spring Valley goals and freshman Antoine Parris appeared to be the best player on the pitch -- anyone disagree?

goal kick
goal kick
truly right from your informants antoine played great flynn had a nice low free kcik and the ref misjudged the red card situation both wando #3 and davis should have got yellows

wando dominated the proceddings up until sv scored....great atmosphere from both sets of fans and dont take anything away from wando they had a very good chance at the end and a few oppurtunities at the begining

GREAT GAME!

R
bench
bench
R
I'm not sure what happened with the card. It seemed like the Ref. was a little impulsive. Thats a terrible situation for Spring Valley. Is there an appeal or reversal process??? I hope SV can win an appeal with the high school league. I don't think anyone in soccer wants to see a handicapped team in the State Final. I'm sure Northwestern would want all of Spring Valley's best players on the field. Hopefully the High School league will make the right decision. Other than that it was a great match. Wando had a lot to overcome with Spring Valley's fans. Great season Warriors and Good luck Spring Valley - in the Final and hopefully with the appeal.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
rhcp -- Why would the goalkeeper get "an appeal"? Was the red card after the match or during the game? I know Ryan Kropp was suspended for the first match of the Lake Murray Challenge this year after he received a red card vs. Spring Valley last year in the State Championship. Why would this be different?

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Yeah, I'm still a little confused about the incident. After a short scrum in the box Davis ended up with the ball and went to Kirby to exchange words. He got up in his face and then Kirby appeared to push him, not violently, more like a get out of my face type deal. I would have thought two yellows would have been sufficient, but the ref showed Davis a straight red. I may have missed something or saw it differently.

Sean played very well. The first goal was played terribly by Flato, but the second one was a pretty serious rip on a free kick. Personally, I felt Antoine looked good at times, but there were times where I felt he tried to do way to much. He would beat a defender and sometimes even two, but would never pick his head up to find the WIDE open man. He was very dangerous though don't get me wrong.

Great game by Spring Valley. They came out ready to play from the opening whistle. Wando never really seemed to get into any kind of rhythm. They were not able to possess the ball in the midfield very effectively and looked suprisingly shaky in the back. I would disagree that Wando controlled the game up until the goal. They had a few spirts, but it never really looked like SV was not in control. Didn't look like the same Wando team that took it to Dutch Fork for the first 60 minutes of that game.

H
goal
OP Offline
goal
H
I think the red was probably unnecessary given the circumstances. A better official would have defused the situation without carding anyone. Neither player threw any punches or tried to hurt the other, just some pushing and elbowing. Really a shame for Davis and for SV.

The entire SV team played well. Antoine does stand out. He's just so quick and fluid. Hartvigsen played well and set up the first goal with a strong and quick run around the right, finished with a great low cross to Flynn. Other than a bit of a rocky stretch at the start of the second half, I thought SV dominated the game. Wando never looked very dangerous, though they did play good, tough defense.

I hope Davis will be able to play Saturday, but I don't expect it. Will Frierson is a good keeper and will be up to the challenge.

Go Vikes.

R
bench
bench
R
Heise,
This may not be different from the Ryan Kropp situation. Answer this question why would one of the players involved in the scrum get a yellow and the other a straight red? Especially when the ref. wasn't in earshot to hear any words? As someone mentioned before, no punches, just shoving and an exchanging of words. How many times does this happen in an average soccer game without being noticed? This time one of the players gets ejected from the game for it and the other a warning. Thats what I don't understand. Davis and Kirby both weren't intending for it to be anything more than it was. Little did they know they'd get carded for it.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
My take on tonights game. Wando never looked to have any kind of offensive rhythm. Spring Valley played Zach Houghton extremely deep and he seemed to pick off everything Wando played over the top. He was very impressive. However I thought Wando would make some kind of adjustment and keep Kirby or one of the other forwards high on Houghton eliminating the deep sweep. This never happened.
Parker did a good job of elimating Andrew in the middle of the field as both players kind of canceled each other out. With Mike also playing in the midfield for SV I thought they were the more dangerous attacking and winning balls throughout the midfield.
Sean Flynn played well to get both of the goals yet the first one Flato definitely should have handled. After a ball played on the ground across the six, Sean slid in and beat the Wando defender to the ball. Flato was in the position to make the play but just let it roll off his hands and into the net. Sean's second goal was off a set piece on the corner of the eighteen that he hit hard and low to the near post.
I agree with everyone else that Antoine was by far the most dangerous player on the field. He was very effective turning and running at the Wando defenders. However there were several times he could have pulled the trigger and had a go, but took a few to many touches. I'm not trying to take anything away from him however as he played very well.
I personally believe the red card was an absolutely awful call from the referee. It's a shame that SV will be missing such a valuable player for the Final and worst that Davis has to end his senior year like that. Him and Kirby exchanged a few words and may have brushed one another but at absolute worst it may have been a yellow card for both players. I believe he should have just seperated the two and let play continue.
With seven minutes left I thought Wando was going to have a go at SV with them down to ten men and a cold keeper. However it was SV who created the most dangerous oppurtunity in the final minutes and should have had a third. SV played within themselves and executed very well. It was a good atmosphere and an overall good game but I was expecting a few more dangerous oppurtunities from the Wando attack.
I would also like to say that Wando defender Will Moore had an excellent game for Wando. This was the first time I had the opportunity to see him play this season and I came away very impressed. He was very composed under pressure and had a steady confidence about him. Congratulations to Wando for a great season and great job SV.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Quote:

Heise,
This may not be different from the Ryan Kropp situation. Answer this question why would one of the players involved in the scrum get a yellow and the other a straight red? Especially when the ref. wasn't in earshot to hear any words? As someone mentioned before, no punches, just shoving and an exchanging of words. How many times does this happen in an average soccer game without being noticed? This time one of the players gets ejected from the game for it and the other a warning. Thats what I don't understand. Davis and Kirby both weren't intending for it to be anything more than it was. Little did they know they'd get carded for it.

I have no clue what will happen, but make sure Roger Hazel of the SCHSL knows exactly what happened (tomorrow). I'm sure a fair and reasonable browsing of the situation will occur, but I have no idea of what to expect. The only thing I know is that a red card was issued to the starting goalkeeper and that a further ruling will be needed to overturn that mandated suspension.

R
bench
bench
R
Thanks. I didn't know if there was a process to overturn such a call. Thats all I was wondering.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Yeah, I'm still a little confused about the incident. After a short scrum in the box Davis ended up with the ball and went to Kirby to exchange words. He got up in his face and then Kirby appeared to push him, not violently, more like a get out of my face type deal. I would have thought two yellows would have been sufficient, but the ref showed Davis a straight red. I may have missed something or saw it differently.

Maybe Davis watched some old videos of Wando games, and figured he'd better let the beach boys know he wouldn't be intimidated by their huffin and puffin and tryin to blow his house down? And did someone say the SV fans got in the Wando players' heads? Hmmmmm, now where have I heard THAT before?? "Shoe on the other foot" thing, again... Guess that's why they coined the phrase..."Homefield ADVANTAGE"??

goal kick
goal kick
Acording to reports in The State newspaper the card was for taunting. http://www.thestate.com/197/story/60006.html

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
B
throw in
throw in
B
If SV can get some kind of appeal, Kirby would be happy to tell his side of the story. He doesn't believe a send off was warranted.

H
goal
OP Offline
goal
H
Quote:

If SV can get some kind of appeal, Kirby would be happy to tell his side of the story. He doesn't believe a send off was warranted.

My reading of the rules is that an appeal is available but that the grounds are very, very limited. Unfortunately, that "the referee overreacted and shouldn't have sent him off" isn't one of them. Given the time, circumstances and nature of the "offense," this was truly a terrible decision by the referee. Aside from this one aberration, it was a well officiated game. Really a shame for Davis and SV. It's possible that the Disciplinary Committee (or whatever the SCSHSL calls it) could reverse the decision, but I wouldn't count on it.

Goal
Goal
I saw the match and recognized the linesmen, but who was the center ref? Never seen him before. Seemed to be a harsh decision, but that's why he is paid the big bucks!

50th for a reason!
B
throw in
throw in
B
I disagree with the "well officiated game" opinion. Inconsistently officiated is my opinion. Major muggings and blantant holding by both sides not called at times, but minor touches called. I have no problem with calling the game tight or letting the players play, but call it consistently.

H
goal
OP Offline
goal
H
Quote:

I disagree with the "well officiated game" opinion. Inconsistently officiated is my opinion. Major muggings and blantant holding by both sides not called at times, but minor touches called. I have no problem with calling the game tight or letting the players play, but call it consistently.

"Well officiated" is a relative term.

kick off
kick off
I agree the game was not officiated well at all as it was very inconsistent. The officiating had no bearing on the outcome as Spring Valley was the better team on the night.

As for the Red Card it appeared that on the play the SV keepers teamate went down while the keeper was in the air he came down falling over his own player. Upon getting up he went after Kirby and gave him a hard shove. I don't know if he fealt Kirby had shoved the player under him or didn't realize it was his own player that under cut him. At any rate the referee could have easily brought the situation under control without the use of the RED CARD.

Good luck to Spring Valley you were the better team last night and deserve to play for the CHampionship. WITH A FULL ROSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MRoss; 05/10/07 04:53 PM.

ROSS!!! For no reason!
Y
throw in
throw in
Y
Antoine is a great player but has alot to learn. too much dribbling not enough passing. he will be amazing in the years to come. i believe Parker (#13) took control of the midfield and was key in their victory.

AND YA KNOW DAT!!!
goal kick
goal kick
many were talking about an appeal during the final minutes of the game and after... and from what ive heard if you have video evidnece you can go to the league and there were many spring valley students and parents video taping when the red was shown

W
kick off
kick off
W
yep parker(#13) was amazing

he was sick lol

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard