Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
brace
brace
Quote:

I believe NW has set the bar very high.
I see the above average teams as Lexington, Wando, Dutch Fork, Spring Valley.
I see Mauldin and a bunch of other teams as good average teams.

CornerFlag... do you think Mauldin will do better than 4-0?

Is 4-0 the Vegas line on the game???

I don't know if they will or not. As like many teams in many sports, it's a variety of things that will affect how a team plays and ultimately wins or loses the game. One thing that has been consistant this year (in 4A) is that there has been relative parity between the teams. The big two (NW and Lex) have both had some losses which were not expected (Dorman comes to mind). Dorman, which can seem to beat both those teams, loses three times in their region. DF, which by many peoples account (including my own) was playing excellent ball going into the playoffs, is at home with a loss against a Wando team that has been up and down during the season. Anything can happen, and Mauldin probably will lose this game, but you usually don't get this far in the playoffs (twice in two years) by being consistantly average.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Corner Flag
Who did Mauldin beat other than Irmo to deserve any praise for making it to the upper-state finals? Easley/South Aiken. (Woohoo!) This was the first game they met any close competition, the game could have easily gone the other way. Irmo met with difficulty in the reffing staff from the very beginning of the game...not the only reason they lost however. They also struggled with the small field size eliminating their tactical game for the dump and run game. In their frustrastion over a few calls, they had a tough time finishing. Yes, the refs were a huge factor in the flow of this game. So, like I said, if Mauldin gets the benefit of the same ref staff, then the game will be closer than it should...otherwise, it'll be a blowout by NW!

B
kick off
kick off
B
Dump and run?

atl
S
throw in
throw in
S
Yeah, Kick the heck out of the ball and hope your forward gets to it before their defender....dump and run.

B
kick off
kick off
B
Oh. You mean playing direct. I was thinking the boys got on to some bad Mexican food.

atl
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I don't think Irmo plays dump and run. I've seen them play numerous times this season and they usually look to get the ball wide. Their forwards are a lot better with the ball at their feet than in the air. I was at the Mauldin game and guessing you were to but I didn't think Irmo played dump and run as you state at all. In the first half, Jugal Dalal was very effective on the left side and Irmo might serve the ball into the box from the flanks but not kick ball. That's not their strength and hasn't been all season. As far as Mauldin and Northwestern are concerned, if Northwestern doesn't win this game by 3 goals it will be a disappointing effort from Northwestern. A focused Northwestern team should have no problem Mauldin and will completely out class them with their skill. Irmo struggled holding the ball up top against Mauldin's physical defenders but Northwestern will not face that same difficulty with Kropp up top. Ryan will be able to play with his back to the goal giving time for Alex and Enzo to create runs into space. Vance should be able to control the middle of the field and win the battle in the air. Mauldin's center mids are extremely average and Irmo won almost every single goal kick and punt. I expect Northwestern to control the game from start to finish and continue their dominance to the State Championship game.

M
throw in
throw in
M
If Northwestern doesn't win by 3 goals its a disappointing effort???

Its the upperstate FINAL all they care about is getting back to the state championship game, period. Mauldin isn't going to roll over for them. They are playing in front of their home crowd so they have something to prove.

Having said that, GO TROJANS!!!

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

DF, which by many peoples account (including my own) was playing excellent ball going into the playoffs, is at home with a loss against a Wando team that has been up and down during the season.

CornerFlag
I believe when Wando beat Dutch Fork it was at Wando, not a home game. Also, I think when Dutch Fork beat Wando it was at a neutral site (the Palmetto Cup).

As for your prediction, do you think Mauldin is an above average team that can come closer than Lexington did to NW?

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

Its the upperstate FINAL all they care about is getting back to the state championship game, period.

I think I read a post from NW that they were looking for "RESPECT". They WILL be making a statement in this game... and the Championship.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Maybe a disappointing effort wasn't the right phrase. Instead, if they don't win by three goals it will mean that NW definitely did not have thier A game. And Shrink Rap, I think cornerflag was stating that DF is at home for the rest of the playoffs because they lost to an up and down Wando team. Not because they lost to Wando at home.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard