OP Offline
bench
T
Prediction For Tomorrows Game

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
10-1 NW. 7-0 at half. NW subs win 3-1 in the 2nd.

T
bench
OP Offline
bench
T
I got sick of hearing about the lexington northwestern game so i put this topic on the message board.... My prediction is Trojans win 7-1 and easily advance to the State Championship. After killing the #2 team in the state 4-0, I dont see how a #9 seed has a chance of winning this game. Kropp scores 2, Enzo 3, Alex 2, and Vance with a header. I'll give Mauldin a goal when Northwestern puts in the subs. Goodluck Trojans and I hope yall go back to back beating them for the Upper State Championship.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Not trying to take anything away from Mauldin, but I think NW wrapped up the upper state when they throttled Lex. Played against Mauldin once this year and I see ABSOLUTELY no way that this game stays anywhere close. Their luck has ended and I think they are going to be exposed for the "average" team that they are.

S
kick off
kick off
S
who did you play for midland

goal kick
goal kick
im going to say that NW repeats theres just no more competition for them

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
N
throw in
throw in
N
3-0 NW

Rock Hill Soccer Fan
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
I'm going to go with NW 5-0, maybe even more. I just cannot see Mauldin putting any sort of game together against NW. I have played against both teams and NW is vastly superior in every position. Mauldin just does not seem to offer much in this game.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Northwestern needs to come in prepared.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
oh they definitely need to but I think in a game of this magnitude and with Wren as coach they will come in ready to play and soundly defeat Mauldin.

goal kick
goal kick
IMO, Northwestern believed that Lexington was their biggest threat against scoring a repeat. They took care of that 'threat' with one of the best executed games I have seen in high school soccer and a total knockout. The question is, can they bring that focus to bear again tonight? If they bring anything close to the same game then it's another blow-out. The only way they can loose is a mental let down, thinking this might be an easy game too. I'll predict 5 goals for NW.

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
mauldin lucky? werent some of u chaps predicting irmo would be in state title game? mauldin lucky? they aare in the upperstate championship for the second year in a row, and that aint luck. they are playing at home on a horrible field and will be motivated and sky high seeking revenge. remember a couple of years ago a disrespected wando team beat mighty irmo when noone said the wariors would even b n de game. who is in the uefa cup final, mighty manu or chelsea? not but lowly liverpool is. who needed a win saturday and did not get into put pressure on man u? when the game starts the score will b 0-0. last year nhs escaped with a hard fought 2-1 win that was 1-1 at halftime. 'NO MORE COMPETITION" defeated the "threat"....i know this, mauldin will show up and fight just as hard as everyone else who has played the trojans. hold on to your hat tricks and go to the game and u will probably see a nhs victory but it wont be easy

M
throw in
throw in
M
i looked at the mauldin website and it says that the game is at 6:30. i thought it was at 7, can anyone clarify?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
As the saying goes in most sports...the opponent gets to vote on the outcome. therefore intangibles become little keys to the game.

The Mauldin field is small, and I understand not in the best shape ( Don't shoot just repeating what I was told).

refereeing is another one, you never know whats going to come.

Weather is the last one, it would appear that there may be some windy conditions for tonight

S
throw in
throw in
S
IF they (Mauldin) have the benefit of the same referees as they did against Irmo....then good luck NW! Otherwise, I believe NW is a quality team and will be able to defeat Mauldin without much difficulty. The Mauldin team is average at best. Go get'em NW!

Brace
Brace
Good Luck to NW! Being our arch rival, I give them very high marks with their performance on the pitch and the intensity at which they play. The coach and team play the game the way it should be played. A fine season, win or lose tonight! Job well done and hope to see them play at the Stone!

Rick Fielden
brace
brace
Quote:

IF they (Mauldin) have the benefit of the same referees as they did against Irmo....then good luck NW! Otherwise, I believe NW is a quality team and will be able to defeat Mauldin without much difficulty. The Mauldin team is average at best. Go get'em NW!

So then what you are saying is that you (Irmo) couldn't beat an average team?

Or was it all the ref's fault?

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I believe NW has set the bar very high.
I see the above average teams as Lexington, Wando, Dutch Fork, Spring Valley.
I see Mauldin and a bunch of other teams as good average teams.

CornerFlag... do you think Mauldin will do better than 4-0?

T
bench
OP Offline
bench
T

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Goal
Goal
Judging on the scores from this year, I'd say 6-0 Northwestern.

50th for a reason!
brace
brace
Quote:

I believe NW has set the bar very high.
I see the above average teams as Lexington, Wando, Dutch Fork, Spring Valley.
I see Mauldin and a bunch of other teams as good average teams.

Is 4-0 the Vegas line on the game???

I don't know if they will or not. As like many teams in many sports, it's a variety of things that will affect how a team plays and ultimately wins or loses the game. One thing that has been consistant this year (in 4A) is that there has been relative parity between the teams. The big two (NW and Lex) have both had some losses which were not expected (Dorman comes to mind). Dorman, which can seem to beat both those teams, loses three times in their region. DF, which by many peoples account (including my own) was playing excellent ball going into the playoffs, is at home with a loss against a Wando team that has been up and down during the season. Anything can happen, and Mauldin probably will lose this game, but you usually don't get this far in the playoffs (twice in two years) by being consistantly average.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Corner Flag
Who did Mauldin beat other than Irmo to deserve any praise for making it to the upper-state finals? Easley/South Aiken. (Woohoo!) This was the first game they met any close competition, the game could have easily gone the other way. Irmo met with difficulty in the reffing staff from the very beginning of the game...not the only reason they lost however. They also struggled with the small field size eliminating their tactical game for the dump and run game. In their frustrastion over a few calls, they had a tough time finishing. Yes, the refs were a huge factor in the flow of this game. So, like I said, if Mauldin gets the benefit of the same ref staff, then the game will be closer than it should...otherwise, it'll be a blowout by NW!

B
kick off
kick off
B
Dump and run?

atl
S
throw in
throw in
S
Yeah, Kick the heck out of the ball and hope your forward gets to it before their defender....dump and run.

B
kick off
kick off
B
Oh. You mean playing direct. I was thinking the boys got on to some bad Mexican food.

atl
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I don't think Irmo plays dump and run. I've seen them play numerous times this season and they usually look to get the ball wide. Their forwards are a lot better with the ball at their feet than in the air. I was at the Mauldin game and guessing you were to but I didn't think Irmo played dump and run as you state at all. In the first half, Jugal Dalal was very effective on the left side and Irmo might serve the ball into the box from the flanks but not kick ball. That's not their strength and hasn't been all season. As far as Mauldin and Northwestern are concerned, if Northwestern doesn't win this game by 3 goals it will be a disappointing effort from Northwestern. A focused Northwestern team should have no problem Mauldin and will completely out class them with their skill. Irmo struggled holding the ball up top against Mauldin's physical defenders but Northwestern will not face that same difficulty with Kropp up top. Ryan will be able to play with his back to the goal giving time for Alex and Enzo to create runs into space. Vance should be able to control the middle of the field and win the battle in the air. Mauldin's center mids are extremely average and Irmo won almost every single goal kick and punt. I expect Northwestern to control the game from start to finish and continue their dominance to the State Championship game.

M
throw in
throw in
M
If Northwestern doesn't win by 3 goals its a disappointing effort???

Its the upperstate FINAL all they care about is getting back to the state championship game, period. Mauldin isn't going to roll over for them. They are playing in front of their home crowd so they have something to prove.

Having said that, GO TROJANS!!!

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

DF, which by many peoples account (including my own) was playing excellent ball going into the playoffs, is at home with a loss against a Wando team that has been up and down during the season.

CornerFlag
I believe when Wando beat Dutch Fork it was at Wando, not a home game. Also, I think when Dutch Fork beat Wando it was at a neutral site (the Palmetto Cup).

As for your prediction, do you think Mauldin is an above average team that can come closer than Lexington did to NW?

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

Its the upperstate FINAL all they care about is getting back to the state championship game, period.

I think I read a post from NW that they were looking for "RESPECT". They WILL be making a statement in this game... and the Championship.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Maybe a disappointing effort wasn't the right phrase. Instead, if they don't win by three goals it will mean that NW definitely did not have thier A game. And Shrink Rap, I think cornerflag was stating that DF is at home for the rest of the playoffs because they lost to an up and down Wando team. Not because they lost to Wando at home.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Makes sense... thanks!

world cup
world cup
Final: NW 6, Mauldin 2.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
Six goals....impressive for a state semi-final no matter who you play.

L
bench
bench
L
to address the color of the refs underwear, it was decidedly PURPLE. there were countless yellows against mauldin and even a red in the last 2 minutes. northwestern recieve ONE card. the calls were lopsided and the referee did an abismal job. you'd think the officiating would be a little bit better in a playoff match.

goal kick
goal kick
Did the Refs change the outcome of the match

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Just a little taste of what Irmo suffered...tough when the shoe is on the other foot eh?

L
bench
bench
L
Who_me: didn't change the outcome, but some consistency would have been nice. the number of needless cards was ridiculous. if a nw player fell, the whistle was blown. it interupted play and added to the frustration level

Shrink Rap:i was at the Irmo game and i can't say that the offials were as horrible as people are saying. granted, they weren't the greatest refs i've ever seen but at least he made crappy calls against BOTH teams.

corner kick
corner kick
Game Summary:
Score NW 6 - Mauldin 2
NW 1:50 - Enzo Martinez Unassisted
M 4:03 - #3
NW 32:24 - Zack Clark (PK) after Kropp was mauled in the box
NW 42:00 - Will Stillman from Zack Clark
M 46:24 - #5
NW 54:15 - Enzo Unassisted
NW 57:15 - Michael Antinoro on double assist from Clark and Stillman
NW 78:00 - Jared Dingle from Vance Benson

Shots:
NW 10 on frame and 5 off
M 2 on frame and 2 off

Corners:
NW 5
M 2

Fouls:
NW 13
M 24

Yellow Cards:
NW 1 (Clark at 68:50)
M 7 (#11 20:00, #3 22:00, #8 41:20, #17 44:20, #6 55:00 and 58:00, #10 74:15)

To reply to the comment about the officials underwear, I still believe they could have been orange. That was the worst hackfest I have seen in my 14 years involved in SC High School soccer. Mauldin could have had many more fouls and cards. I believe the Mavs tried the game plan mentioned in an earlier post on how to beat the Trojans. I heard Mauldin was thinking of changing their colors from Orange to Yellow next season. It was shameful how cheap several of the fouls were.
The matchup with Spring Valley will be very physical, the difference is that at least the Vikings play with class. Should be a great game on Saturday night.

M
throw in
throw in
M
login name you were not watching the same match everyone else was. yeah mauldin got a lot of bookings but most (i stress most, there was one soft yellow) were because of their overly aggressive play. if anything i would say it was the other way around. on several occasions there were clear fouls against mauldin that the ref did not call, and even a few penalties that he missed. i was on the northwestern sideline so my views are somewhat biased, but i have been playing soccer for a long time and i know what should be a foul and what shouldn't be one. overall though, it was a scrappy game but the refs did not affect the outcome. in the second half mauldin was just outclassed by northwestern.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Mauldin went into that game knowing they were beat and proceeded to push and hack NW. They kept it close with their bludgering style in the beginning but the trojans overcame and proceeded to dominate the game. I thought the referees were generous in their carding of Mauldin. Could have been many more bookings in their direction. I heard the same thing coach. I heard yellow kits with those cool red accents. NW heads to the State Championship again in a good position to take care of business again. Should be a great game Saturday.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I don't think Mauldin lacks class because they fouled a lot. But they probably are just slightly above average this year. It isn't luck that they got to the semifinals, they just had an fairly easy road. What do you expect when you lose as many good seniors as they did. I'm very surprised with the 6-2 victory. Did Northwestern play their normal game or just play laid back? Put alot of subs in after half? Props to Mauldin for fighting hard...maybe better than Lexington did. So can anyone comment on the play of the game. Did NW dominate the possession, how did the mauldin keeper do, was it an intense game at all? I'm sure NW was shocked when it got tied 1-1 after 5 minutes.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
R
bench
bench
R
Wow, I'm impressed with NW. They seem to be the team to beat in SC. The last two to three years they have had incredible seasons. Congrats on the Victory Trojans.

M
throw in
throw in
M
i didnt say that they lacked class. i said they were outclassed in the second half, which means northwestern dominated them.

world cup
world cup
From The Rock Hill Herald

One More Time.....Trojans beat Mauldin

by Barry Byers

http://www.heraldonline.com/102/story/21891.html

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
J
Brace
Brace
J
Hmmm, a physical game made the game somewhat close until the last 25 minutes or so. Intersting. It doesn't sound like the game was overly dirty, just a tough physical game. Good luck against SV.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
T
bench
OP Offline
bench
T
The game would have been alot worse in goals if Northwestern would have been playing at home on a regular size soccer field!!! That field was crap!!!

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
i tried to warn u laddies that the ponies would be ready and play inspired, revenge seeking soccer on a crummy field that favored the weaker team. they learned one thing (well, maybe 2): u may beat on the trojans but u wont break them. u can taunt them and foul them unmercifully, but u wont break em. the trojans did not retaliate and showed class and will do the same saturday night. they will play with class.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Alex Martinez showed alot of class when he tried to start a fight with one of mauldins center backs

G
bench
bench
G
i think mike mcnamara played well after his serious injury.

C
kick off
kick off
C
soccer1121 you act like alex instigated that confrontation. mauldin went out there to see if they could take northwestern out, literally. they were all about some elbows and hacks. as i have said before they knew they were beat when they stepped on the field. dont even try to put any part of the NW "organization" and classless in the same sentence. who do you play for anywayz. some team that lost early in the playoffs or maybe u dont even play. either way dont come on here talking trash that isnt warranted.

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
somebody is really full of themselves

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
goal kick
goal kick
clemson-trojan...i thought you told me you didnt play...

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Surprising, Northwestern players don't have a good enough touch and composure to play on a small field. Good thing Stone is huge, could lead to domination.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I wouldn't say they don't have a good enough touch or composure. Northwestern's field may be biggest in the state because it is regulation size. When your confined to the dimensions of a football field, things change and you have to adjust in many ways.

C
kick off
kick off
C
where in my post does it say anything about me playing this year?

S
kick off
kick off
S
Northwestern: yall are good, nice a cute and finese, good ball work and thats pretty stuff. Mauldin plays hard knock soccer, get over it. Sign up for golf or tennis if you dont want contact. put your purse down and lay a hit on the mauldin players back if they touch you... dont whine about it on scsoccer.

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
SoccaPapa1, Sorry to say but just because you are bias to your "3A" Greenville team does not mean you need to go on bashing Northwestern and Enzo as I have seen on other threads as well. We all know Sebastian is a fine player and one of the best but building him up and trying to make him sound like he is that much better than Enzo will get you nowhere.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Mr. Bassett: I never said enzo was bad, i never said he wasnt good. I said he was great. I was just pointing out the few things that i think make sebastian a tiny bit better player (to me), you dont have to agree... thats fine. And i am not remotly close to a Greenville fan, personally i dont like greenville at all, but i give respect where respect is due. And not once have i said anything bad about Northwestern, they are a good team that knows what they are doing and does it very well, however its annoying hearing all the NW people complaining about getting fouled... its soccer, a contact sport, so stop complaining... thats all i ask

B
throw in
throw in
B
yeah all this whining gets you know where. Northwestern is a great team! Yall beat mauldin 6-2! why is there such a big thread about a blowout game that happened forever ago... and mike bassett dont bring the Sebastian Enzo conversation into it... Soccapapa didnt say anything about enzo, stop trying to protect your little phenom. Soccapapa knows enzo is great and knows that NW whines too much... I know that too!

everyone is a lil bias, im realistic.
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Barca09...If you understand my previous statements I said on other threads. Just stating that everywhere Enzo is mentioned by posters, SoccerPapa1 jumps in with remarks about Sebastian.

throw in
throw in
Mike...I would say you either go to mauldin or play there? Don't even start with Socca being bias towards a team. You need to hop of Enzo's and Northwestern's dick. Also socca isnt the only person on SCSOCCER to compare Sebastian and Enzo it happens in every post about one or the other. And the complaining of the Northwestern players is ridiculous every player takes hard knocks and gets fouled and they dont try to start fights. I have seen Alex Martinez play in real life and he dives and complains the whole game. Mike you need to get your facts straight then reply on here.

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME THE PLAYER PLAYS"
B
throw in
throw in
B
DDrogba... i would say bassett if from Northwestern... but other than that your right... and yes Alex is a little whiner, that same game Enzo got shut down by Cesa 90 challenge Alex tried to start a fight with a kid named Corey? hes always starting stuff... And im sorry i stick with who i think is better bewtween enzo and sebastian. Ive stuck with Sebastian and have given valid points to back up my thoughts. I have facts, you get some, and we'll talk MikeBassett.

Last edited by Barc09; 05/13/07 11:22 PM.

S
kick off
kick off
S
MikeBassett... it seems like your ganging up on me, Barc09, and DDrogba for liking sebastian and for thinking NW are whiners. Everywhere i look Enzos name is brought up, other ppl bring up sebastian, not just me. Barc09 stuck with sebastian, i stuck with sebastian, and DDrogba stuck with sebastian. So it looks like your the one thats the underdog. i dont even know barc09 DDrogba9 and they at least know what they are talking about, they dont go off getting mad at people who like enzo, we state our opinions on how Sebastian is better... you take it personally that everyone doesnt love your little uraguaian fire ball, we all know hes good but you still dont think sebastian is good!!!!

C
kick off
kick off
C
would all three of you kids shut up. Nobody cares. Bassett doesnt even care about wat you guys are yapping about.

C
kick off
kick off
C
soccapoppa, barc, and drogba sound like the same loser kid with three different names on this message board. its entirely possible because most of the people on this website are that lame. just stop talking whoever you are

throw in
throw in
nah i only have one

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME THE PLAYER PLAYS"
S
kick off
kick off
S
im ofended you call me a child.

B
throw in
throw in
B
We are NOT the same people i dont even know them!!! seems like yall can dish it but you cant take it... you gotta have thicker skin than that

K
bench
bench
K
enzo is great, sebastian is great, there is always gonna be opinions on who is better, its probably who ever you've seen more of that you think is better because you've seen them at there best more, but why are there so many fights on whos better when it doesnt really matter, in fact it doesnt matter at all, they are both great, lets just leave it at that
P.S.- Go Northwestern

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Hipocrisy

P
kick off
kick off
P
NHS is not a bunch of whiners, Alex may be at times but he's the only real one out of the whole team so I don't know how one player makes the entire team whiners...

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
There is a specific thread for Sebastian and Enzo. The best players on best teams one. Quit bringing it to all the other threads..its alreayd on like 5. This is Mauldin vs NW; also known as HISTORY.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard