Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
throw in
throw in
Ive never heard of David Allen does he have a scholarship or tryin to walk on??

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME THE PLAYER PLAYS"
World Cup
World Cup
David Allen was a standout center midfielder this year for Cardinal Newman, which finished as Runners-Up in Class 3A of SCISA. I believe he is planning on attending Clemson University and perhaps walking on with the Tigers.

S
throw in
throw in
S
no offense kyle but that kid will never be able to walk on at clemson....trevor told blair he MIGHT have a shot at walking on at clemson so i seriously doubt he could even make their club team which i also heard is very hard to play for

J
world cup
world cup
J
Quote:

so i seriously doubt he could even make their club team which i also heard is very hard to play for

No.

C
cabj12 Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
C
Quote:

Quote:

so i seriously doubt he could even make their club team which i also heard is very hard to play for

No.

Ummm. Yeah.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
J
world cup
world cup
J
Making the team is one thing. Getting PT is another.

I'm not saying it's easy to make the team, but sideline definitely exaggerated.

Also, congrats to Zurcher regardless. That is going to be quite the experience in South Bend.

M
kick off
kick off
M
/no offense kyle but that kid will never be able to walk on at clemson....trevor told blair he MIGHT have a shot at walking on at clemson so i seriously doubt he could even make their club team which i also heard is very hard to play for]

Is Blair going to try an walk on at Clemson or is he going to play somewhere?

S
throw in
throw in
S
not sure about the whole blair situation but i believe he might try to walk on....and just to let you jack yea it is very hard to make their club team...I don't know how they do selection on the club team but two starters from the 2005-2006 eastside team both got cut and i think one of them if not both were all state

J
world cup
world cup
J
Quote:

....and just to let you jack yea it is very hard to make their club team...I don't know how they do selection on the club team but two starters from the 2005-2006 eastside team both got cut and i think one of them if not both were all state

I'm not trying to argue, I just know some people that have made the squad that aren't any better than the names mentioned (this all being 2-3 years ago). Maybe they stepped it up this last year. I still know a guy on their team and he is certainly a quality player.

My point is - club soccer is still just club. I hate to break it to you, but most of that roster (not just at Clemson) is going to be filler for finances. There are definitely a lot of quality soccer players at CU - I'm not saying there aren't. But I just think it's misleading to pretend like the club squad is this inaccessible elite group.

None of these things I've "heard" - I know it all firsthand.

O
bench
bench
O
the club team is bad and so are MOST of the players on it
Blair stands a decent chance at getting on the clemson roster. His size and work ethic will help him alot. Agility could use a good amount of work but he has gotten alot better over the course of the season.

Last edited by oldskool; 05/17/07 02:59 AM.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard